Search results

1. madmonda

Green mountain audio imago series 2

BigJay, I'm late to the party and just stumbled across this post. Do you still have the GM imagos?
  2. madmonda

MCS-3125 in protect

Yes, very old post! RexRunner - do not hesitate to put some funds and effort into this unit. It is a good one! I've managed to collect quite a few totl units and this one hangs with the crowd very easily & does better than a lot of them. Thanks to Rico for supplying the partial schematics...
  3. madmonda

Denon PRA-1500 startup source

It will default to tuner upon starting if you use the power button on the preamp to turn it off/on. It will stay on its last input, if you turn it off with the remote control.
  4. madmonda

MCS-3125 in protect

Holy smokes! The magical unicorn of mcs 3125 schematics DO exists! LOL. I thank you very, very much!
  5. madmonda

wharfedale rosedale restoresto

Should sound very good when complete. Theu have a certain 'something' about their sound!
  6. madmonda

There is one thing I do not like about Magnepan speakers

People have no idea of the problems we face :).
  7. madmonda

STA 2100 Woes

Yep...i second noisy transistor. Not the method I use, but a lot of folks recommend freeze spray to find bad transistors. It's supposed to be a fairly quick method to aid in 'bad' transistor hunting. I use a rigged up old amp, speaker, & homemade probe to "listen" to the transistors. Each...
  8. madmonda

MCS-3125 in protect

Good, sir! I could definitely use a scan of the power supply section and a rundown on adjusting the offset and bias. As said, I already recapped the ppwere supply board, but I don't have a clue, as to what voltages I should be seeing. I think I should be able to get going from there...
  9. madmonda

STA 2100 Woes

Constant, never ending static? Does it get louder/softer with volume knob? Have you used a contact cleaner to clean switches and knobs?
  10. madmonda

I am in need of a pre-amplifier.. suggestions?

They do turn a nice profit :)
  11. madmonda

best bang for buck power amplifier

Proton d-540. It is imperative that it's in working condition before buying. It's small, heavy, and has more balls than amps 3 times its size! Get two and bridge those suckers...one on each speaker. The best amp I've paired with some Dahlquist dq-10s. Many big (250wpc) amps have failed...
  12. madmonda

Oh yeah, forgot the Hafler. The one with the push button selectors. Dang...I miss that little, homely looking, black box! Upgrade the power supply, put some good green nichicon bipolars in it, add some quality rca jacks, & shorten those longs *ss wires in it. Very nice! Ok....so there's my...
  13. madmonda

Four good pre's I've had are (some already mentioned): 1. Carver c1 with Bill D mods. As an extra (if you can get the set up right) it has the hologram feature. I thought it was all bogus, until I actually set my speakers up properly. Damn....it's like adding surround sound! 2. Denon...
  14. madmonda

MCS-3125 in protect

Good work. I too have 3125 in protection. It sits on the back burner while I get to other projects. How much did the schematic/manual cost you? I thought I'd go in and try to shotgun it, but there's too much going on inside and I dont want make matters worse. I recapped the ps board with no...
  15. madmonda

W90 Wharfedale?

I've been doing the audio switch-aroo a whole lot, trying to find magic or switchimg outta boredom. Lots of speakers have come and go. But I will say that the w-90's are SPECIAL!!!! They are hands down, a pair of speakers I would recommend. I think everyone should hear a pair.
  16. madmonda

Wharfedale Owners Thread

The recap went without a hitch. I bought some russian PIO's off fleabay. The original caps were close to their value (i only have a capacitance meter, so I cant speak on any other capacitor specs). Well...they still sound good...Lol. I sold off the ca-600 I was using and subbed in a sansui...
  17. madmonda

are these good capacitors for a Bryston 4b

Ditto...I'd pass on the ebay caps. You can't be sure you're actually getting what you're paying for. I rehabbed a 4B some time ago (still use it as one of my go to amps). I used regular, but good quality, electrolytics. Mostly Panasonic (fc & he) and nichicon pw & 'muse' series for some...
  18. madmonda

KLH Model One(s) and Janszen 1-30(s)

Watching with interest. The motor structure on those woofers look massive! Do you plan on bracing the cabinet (I'm assuming there isn't any...& I admit to possibly missing a few post since last checking in). What do you plan on using to redope the surrounds with?
  19. madmonda

Soundcraftsmen SP4001 preamp. Would a Carver C1 be a little better for me?

Never heard the soundcraftsmen, but I have a Carver C1. It is modded with "BillD" mods (easily found via google). It is very good with the mods! Drives every amp I throw at it with ease.
  20. madmonda

B&O RL 140 speakers

I concur. I have two pairs. The 140's aren't too demanding on amps. I would suggest opening them up and checking the woofer surrounds. I'd bet that they need to be refoamed now, or in the very near future (if they've never been refoamed).
  21. madmonda

Spacial Coherence Preamp

Bravo....buy this one too and have twice the enjoyment, good fellow! Enjoy...
  22. madmonda

Marantz 2220B just sold on eBay for $532 + $50 shipping!!!

Guess I need to fix and sell this 2215b that's been staring me in the face for over a year now. It should be good for at least $400!!! My description would say it came from the home of Oscar. No...not the trophy. Oscar is the name of my dog :)
  23. madmonda

Spacial Coherence Preamp

Scoville.....hope it works out for ya.
  24. madmonda

Spacial Coherence Preamp

I saw your post. Wonder if the auction has changed since you last saw it. It's a $975 buy it now, or make an offer. It says in the description, that shipping will be calculated on a 30 pound box. I guess if your dropping that much $$$ on a preamp, you're really not concerned about an extra...
Back
Top Bottom