Search results

1. C

LUXMAN R-1050 One channel works (in stereo mode)

SUCCESS ! I cleaned up all switches with DeOxit and Faderlube, both channels now operational, and I am good to go - THANK YOU !
  2. C

THANK YOU, to you both. I will clean the controls (man, I never would have guessed those controls would have anything to do with this issue !) and excellent primer on the whole DeOxit family .... Sincerely appreciate the advice, folks.
  3. C

This might be r-e-a-l basic, but while playing thru my Luxman R-1050 in stereo mode, the left channel is silent ... however, when I engage the "mono" button - both channels work fine. So, my guess is it's not the amp portion that doesn't work, but what else should I be looking at to diagnose...
  4. C

No (very faint) sound from Yamaha CR-1020

I have a Yamaha CR-1020 that I bought thinking it was "restored" and refreshed - but is now exhibiting the following symptoms: I first noticed that I could no longer hear the relay clicking after powering up. I pulled the cover to take a look. From watching another YouTube video, I gently...
  5. C

BRAUN L710's Garage sale find

THANK YOU, and thank you so much for the specifics and advice. This is exactly what I wanted and needed to know. Sincerely,
  6. C

So, I've decided toreplace the two aluminized radial caps ... i.e., the silver things. On them is : 50 MFD 35V Forgive my ignorance - but where do I find upgraded versions of these caps ? Any and all help/assistance sure would be appreciated.
  7. C

Recently purchased these at a garage sale, at first thought were ADS but evidently pre ADS ... ? Serial # 38475 and # 38523. Nice shape, great cabinets, construction, etc ... However, no speaker terminals in the back. I removed the heavy panel, and the speaker "cable" is hard wired to the...
  8. C

AV5125 w/ Dynamic Power Supply?

Has anyone upgraded their Linn amp (5125) with this power supply, and if so any comments/counsel on the degree of improvement or cost effectiveness ? I was considering upgrading from a pair of Aktiv LK-140's powering some Katans, to the 5125. And, anyone have a Dynamic Power Supply they...
  9. C

Yamaha CA-1000 and tube pre-amp ...

Recently purchased a nicer old CA-1000 and have been quite happy listening to this as a standard integrated amp into Audio Note AN-E speakers mostly using the Class A option. Got curious about how the Class A portion would sound with a tube pre-amp, so using the CA-1000's Main Out (coupler...
  10. C

Wiring a CLassik, Active LK-140's and Sizmik

I have been using a Linn Classik and Katans for the past year or so and am very happy with it. I have just come into a pair of LK-140's and Activ x-over modules for the Katans, and a 10.25 Sizmik. I believe that the accepted method of using the LK-140's with the Classik is to "daisy chain"...
Back
Top Bottom