Search results

1. Scortch

Supreme Crate LP storage no more??

With the renewed appreciation of vinyl, are we seeing a strange war on vinyl storage? First the mutation of the venerated Expedit shelf into the still workable, but not quite as loved Kallax, and now it seems that the workhorse of the portable storage, the plastic, sturdy, and stackable Supreme...
  2. Scortch

Older Rega Planar 3 pulley upgrade?

Yeah! I don't know WHAT came over me!!
  3. Scortch

Yup- as I research more, I am seeing that exact fact. At least it wasn't expensive. Never made that consideration, but hey, I learned something new, so it's ain't THAT bad a day! Thanks, chaz, for heading me toward the yea/nay on changing. Now, just to decide where I get the proper pulley from!
  4. Scortch

USA 60Hz
  5. Scortch

Yes.
  6. Scortch

I see now that they (Tangospinner) have size variations. Of course I just ordered a subplatter from them... Oh well, the shipping wouldn't be THAT bad if they have what would work. My calipers are with the gf, so I need to snag them this weekend. Here's a couple of pics for comparison:
  7. Scortch

I recently purchased a metal pulley for my older model Planar 3 but noticed (before attempting to remove the plastic one!) that the metal one was decidedly larger in diameter. The pulley is from Analogue Seduction and listed as a Rega part, designed for the P3, but I am guessing that there is a...
  8. Scortch

How do YOU dry after using a record cleaning machine?

True on that, Bob- I'm talking a bit more than atmospheric humidity, though. It's interesting the number of people who skip the step so far, as recently I've been reading the opposite (pro on add'l drying) as a recommended procedure. And the issue of more chance for floating dust...
  9. Scortch

bsabel- I like that idea a lot- minimal footprint- very important! I'll have to examine that as a possibility myself!
  10. Scortch

Even with the vacuum, which the Okki Nokki features, I've always understood that there should still be a final drying as a safety measure. I can see the bulk of liquid being suctioned off, but there still being a minimal amount left even with the best systems.
  11. Scortch

Okay, I just ordered the Okki Nokki record cleaner and look forward to much improved vinyl listening as a result. But here's a question for you folk who have already owned vacuum record cleaning machines (or any other wet system for that matter): when doing a prolonged session of cleaning a...
Back
Top Bottom