Search results

1. B

Kenwood KR-9940 'passing out' and strange tag

Recently acquired 9940 in really good conditon (even has the adapter on the back) seems to have one flaw- after it warms up, the FM Stereo seems to 'fade'; the light won't even register, and the radio fidelity sounds slightly different. I'm only using it on front channel, A speakers, driving 2...
  2. B

Comment by 'baghdadguy' in media 'Realistic Nova 15'

Have a set of these myself- hooked up to son's Pioneer 3750. Works quite well with his setup. Cheap speakers- 10 bucks locally; sound like FAR better. Can't complain about these at all....
  3. B

Minimus 11, 7, or 77? False advert?

The fronts look exactly like the one KFA888 posted of the one on the left- I've got them boxed back up (for Xmas) but I'm going to assume, for now, these are -77's. KFA- are the -7s heavier than the -77s? I've heard mixed that they are/are not. Or that the -7's feel 'heftier' for their...
  4. B

Amended list of 150+ wpc receivers!

Ok, now that we have ID'd the 'monsters among us' can we add something they need? SPEAKERS! What speakers can handle these beasts best? What you got that will let you go to say, '5' on the scale without bleeding you out? My Kennie is linked to my 888's- I can get to about 4 or 5...
  5. B

Any Vintage Onkyo Owners?

I"ve got my Onkyo TX-27 linked into my Centurions- really sweet setup for the money. The Onkyo was a $35 buy at a pawn shop years ago; it was long before 'vintage' got cool. The Centurions are OLD- previously owned by my uncle, and had been hooked to his old Marantz set (which I'd kill to find...
  6. B

Researched- I did research these- even looked at other -7 threads. There is almost NOTHING on here about -11's. A few scant references when mentioning -7's. Closest I can get are -77's, but, there are NO stickers on these things- neither have the usual Realistic sticker on the back. I...
  7. B

Was recently sent a pair of Realistics that were ADVERTISED as Minimus 11's. Currently having a pair of silver -11's in the garage, I wanted another for my daughters setup. When they arrived, they were NOTICEABLY lighter than my current -11's, as well as being much smaller. However, they...
  8. B

best car of 80's votes

Second Place: MK1 GTI- Third Place- Samurai?? If you've never driven one, it's hard to beat. Corner with ANYTHING else on wheels. Try following one around an on/off-ramp. You'd never catch it 'cause you'd be staring at that inside wheel that's 3 inches off the ground and no longer...
  9. B

best car of 80's votes

Buick Grand National Oh yeah... had mine since it was sitting on the showroom floor..and it AIN'T leaving... To make it audio-worthy, I'm putting a McIntosh system into it.. into the stock Concert II speaker setup...
  10. B

Best black Kenwood receivers?

Totally agree Scout- have one myself, and it's working flawlessly. Attached to a pair of KL-888D's and soon to have some Minimus 12's as well. Would love to see what some Bozak's would do with it. The FM reception is unreal, with that Dolby setup.
  11. B

No Bass- speakers or amp???

I would not, in any way, have believed this to work. But, totally by accident, it seems to have done so! In the process of swapping a speaker from the basement, I disco'd one of the 888's and left the other playing. Hooked up the basement speaker, got the good base, then hooked up the 888...
  12. B

Just swapped speaks- it is DEFINITELY a condition of the type of speakers; the KL-888Z's are almost half the thickness of the Optimus'. within an inch of same height. The Optimus' a far more 'boomy' speaker with same receiver/room setup. My Onkyo, with a strong bass boost feature, really...
  13. B

I've seriously checked out the polarity- HEAVY duty wire for them with correct polarity. This receiver is one that's been gone thru by oaktreevintage.com, and I know its all good in that regard. Part of my curiosity is whether or not this type of speaker is known for good 'bass response'...
  14. B

Have a KR-9000/G and pair of KL-888Z's- and just got them married up. Seems to have VERY little bass to it- unless I crank the bass pot all the way up. Clear sound, still warm, but no 'oomph'. On headphones, all sounds very normal. Have an Onkyo driving some old Optimus' in the basement...
  15. B

De-amping phono inputs

Grigore- Going with the one you linked; like the idea of the mini-jack inputs as well as RCA on that one. Here is another good RCA-only switcher- RCA SWITCHER THANKS ALL!
  16. B

De-amping phono inputs

Found this one: SWITCHBOX SEEMS to fit the bill; I use a speaker switchbox already on another stereo setup, just never have run into an RCA-line switcher...
  17. B

De-amping phono inputs

Does anyone have a link to a switchbox? I truly appreciate all the suggestions. And that 'kit' shown is intriguing, to say the least... Wolf
  18. B

De-amping phono inputs

The reason I want to use the PHONO inputs is I have some older Pioneer/Panasonic tape decks (cassette and 8-track) to use in those. Plus, wanting to route my DVD/TV audio thru it as well. I have AUX dedicated to that duty. Any other suggestions welcome as well! THANKS!! Wolf
  19. B

De-amping phono inputs

Have a monster Kenny that I'd like to use the phono inputs for CD/DVD/MP3 etc. Someone mentioned to me about 'de-amps' that would remove the 'powered signal' to phono inputs. I can't find ANY kind of reference to these animals. Something I'd describe as opposite of headphone amps, I guess...
  20. B

Kenwood KR-11000 GX, Infinity Quantum 4 and Janszen Z-500 worth it?

You don't want it, I will :) Just send it over!
Back
Top Bottom