Search results

1. zarek

O.K. So it's not an early President.... but it is MY First Tube Fisher!!!

Very nice Ken! I like the TA 600. Pat
  2. zarek

Documented 1957 Fisher President - found & purchased

The cabinet in this console will not be scrapped but the condition is poor and incomplete. The speaker doors are missing as well as a fair sized chunk of the mahogany where the left lower door hinge would have attached. The sides and top have significant veneer loss and most of the original...
  3. zarek

Documented 1957 Fisher President - found & purchased

I really like these early President's, I think they are even more interesting than my 61. I will be helping Tracy share the documentation on this console as the restoration proceeds. Something that you all will be interested in is that this console as made had a mono phonograph in it. The...
  4. zarek

What is this?

Time for me to eat some crow here. Yesterday I helped my friend pick up an all original 57 President. The story is his to share, but I was immediately proved wrong. The woofers do fire downward in these early President consoles with mid range and high range horns firing forward.
  5. zarek

1950's President found

If you need measurements or dimensional pics of the door pulls I’d be glad to take them off mine. They could be recreated from brass fairly easily by a shop. I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for a pair on eBay.
  6. zarek

1964 Fisher Futura V Console on Chicago CL

This console has been a staple on the Chicago Craigslist for at least the last three years. If memory serves the seller started out around $500 and over time ended up at $275. Like I said, it’s been for sale for years (literally), I wish someone would buy it so it would quit showing up in my...
  7. zarek

1950's President found

Congratulations on your awesome find!
  8. zarek

What is this?

I spoke with the gentleman who owns it (at length) on the phone, weeks after it was first posted about. He asked me to appraise it for him and I told him it was too rare and there were no comparable sales. I said if I had to guess it might sell for ~ $1200. He was clearly put off by my number...
  9. zarek

What is this?

This is what the speakers should look like.
  10. zarek

What is this?

The bottom holes are not stock, I thought they might be at first as well. If you look carefully the cloth is wrinkly and puckered, Fisher didn't do that. Also the drawers and speaker cloth are not original. The console had a plywood speaker board in the front covered in cane that is missing. It...
  11. zarek

1963 Fisher President VIII 8000 Console

Congratulations, a fabulous unit and in beautiful condition.
  12. zarek

1961 Fisher President VI Restoration

The rest of it. The pdf in printable resolution is available free on my website www.vintagehifi.net. Pat
  13. zarek

Here is the correct manual for the early 400-CX. Pat
  14. zarek

Guys, when I said there are six versions (approximately) I was speaking of the 400-CX and 400-CX2's. The different versions all seem to be in groups beginning with 10,000. For instance my amplifier falls between serial # 10,000 and 19,999. 20,000 starts the next variant, 30,000, etc.. Look at...
  15. zarek

1. I do not have the service manual, but I do have the Operating Manual for this specific preamp. I’ve never seen one other than mine anywhere. It answers your questions. 2. The Stereo Dimension Control combines/blends the signals from both channels to any desired degree. Complete separation...
  16. zarek

I’m far from a Fisher expert, but this version is in the 1961 catalog.
  17. zarek

1963 Fisher Futura IV F-58-W Modern ...putting it back together

No, I never did any analysis except with my ears. I played mine side by side with a Dynaco Stereo 70 and I thought the Fisher sounded as good or better. As nice at that amp was it was meant to be in a console like yours, it's just beautiful.
  18. zarek

1963 Fisher Futura IV F-58-W Modern ...putting it back together

That’s a beautiful console. I had the same amp that someone had pulled, I replaced the tired 7591’s with brand new EH’s and it sounded fantastic.
  19. zarek

The President has reached a critical milestone, the preamplifier, tuner, and both power amps have been completely overhauled and are working beautifully. The unit is fully functional with the exception of the RTR and record changer (saved them for when I have more time). I have it playing...
  20. zarek

Fisher 400 cap kit from Hayseed

Tom, recently made all new cans for my President. I am very pleased with them and will be ordering more soon.
  21. zarek

Hi all, it took me a while to find the correct replacement legs for the President. I finally found a place in California that custom makes them and I was able to obtain a set http://www.ferroushardware.com/. The legs are a perfect match for the President and I dare say they are nicer than the...
  22. zarek

To what extent can this bent faceplate be fixed?

I used to make sheetmetal repairs to airplanes, I'm very familiar with aluminum. Any force sufficient to straighten this is going to affect the sheen of the anodizing/finish on the front. I'm guessing someone caught the corner on something and bent it out. What we're seeing is their best effort...
  23. zarek

General consensus on best sounding Fisher models (POLL)

I'm going to take a stab at the lack of participation issue here.....There can't be more than a handful of people alive who have actually ever heard all of these units. Thought about voting, but I'm utterly unqualified :)
  24. zarek

I would appreciate some help with the 400-CX preamp. Specifically, how far would you go into this unit? Looking at it I can tell you it is super nice and all original. I want to know that is safe for use and well preserved, but I don't want to over restore it. I'm concerned about hurting its...
  25. zarek

Pics of the remote control unit. It looks to be in near perfect condition.
Back
Top Bottom