Search results

1. J

Cornwalls-Vintage, 2's or 3's?

I have cornwall 2's and chorus 2's. While the cornwalls might have a touch deeper base and larger overall sound (probably due to the larger cabinet), they don't seem to reach as high as the chorus's, although neither pair seem to reach 20khz. both seem to have an unpleasant boominess around 50...
  2. J

I will never be the same...

I have cornwall 2's and chorus 2's. While the cornwalls might go a little deeper in the base, they don't seem to reach as high as the chorus's, although neither pair seem to reach 20khz. both seem to have an unpleasant boominess around 50 hz. not sure which set i'll eventually keep/sell. i...
  3. J

Why does my Sansui G-9000DB high-end sound harsh?

thanks for the warnings and advice. Actually, I'm in central Virginia, so I would like to find a good shop there. To summarize the feedback from this thread and another similar thread regarding my G-9000db receiver, I might conclude that there are some things in the receiver that I could have...
  4. J

Why does my Sansui G-9000DB receiver's high-end sound harsh?

Why does my Sansui G-9000DB high-end sound harsh? Thanks Guys. I see that "Definition Audio Service" in Cleveland is advertising in Ebay their $250 receiver "Upgrade Service" (pre and power amp sections only) to include minor problems, replace all polarized signal caps, resisters and signal...
  5. J

Thanks Guys. I see that "Definition Audio Service" in Cleveland is advertising in Ebay their $250 receiver "Upgrade Service" (pre and power amp sections only) to include minor problems, replace all polarized signal caps, resisters and signal transistors (not including power caps) with...
  6. J

Why does my Sansui G-9000DB high-end sound harsh? Thanks for the info, It sounds promising. Initially I was afraid that I would have to have capacitors replaced. Maybe so if these adjustments don't improve it? Rick
  7. J

Why does my Sansui G-9000DB high-end sound harsh? How do you adjust the bias? thanks, Rick
  8. J

Why does my Sansui G-9000DB high-end sound harsh? I only use it for playing CDs and DVDs. Rarely FM.
  9. J

I picked this G9000db up a few years ago, but haven't used it much because my Sansui G-7500, and a couple of other receivers that I have, have a sweeter, more refined, and less harsh sounding high-end. Is this a common knock on the G9000db or could a service on it improve the sound? It does have...
  10. J

Thanks for the responses. This G9000db doesn't seem to have much need for deoxit except that sometimes I have to jiggle the preamp-poweramp connected- separated switch to get the left channel to play again. I have a pair of RTR HPR-12M Magnum speakers paired with a set of Pioneer HPM-100s...
  11. J

I picked this G9000db up a few years ago, but haven't used it much because my Sansui G-7500, and a couple of other receivers that I have, have a sweeter, more refined, and less harsh sounding high-end. Is this a common knock on the G9000db or could a service on it improve the sound? It does...
Back
Top Bottom