Search results

1. hifi_nut

New Acquisition: SL-150mk2 and SME iii

That´s a very fine turntable, coupled with a superb arm for high compliance moving magnet cartridges. Hope you can sort out its issues and enjoy it for a long time.
  2. hifi_nut

Need recommends on Speaker cables for bi-amped tubes ..

Yep, this sentence says it all. After 40 years plus of spending money on all sorts of cables, I came to the conclusion that all I really did was to waste a lot of money.
  3. hifi_nut

10 inch record player

This reminds me of my great little 10" platter Thorens TD-184. Admitedly I never gave it much use, but it worked flawlessly, so I can see no reason why this particular one wouldn´t.
  4. hifi_nut

Using only one channel of a stereo amplifier

:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:
  5. hifi_nut

Today's classical playlist

Tom, I was just now listening to some great organ music by Louis Vierne ( Organ Symphony No. 3 Op.28 ), when I stumbled upon this old post of yours, back in 2005. If you still enjoy great organ works, I cannot recommend enough both Louis Vierne and Charles Widor. Both were great french organist...
  6. hifi_nut

Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull... his “Days are Numbered.”

Really? Damn, that is sad news indeed, and he is not even that old... One of the most extravagant, but also one of the most talented european musicians of the 70´s. I absolutely love Jethro Tull.
  7. hifi_nut

My First Complete System

VPi and good ol´McIntosh!!! You can hardly do better than that.
  8. hifi_nut

Found a picture of my first stereo

Bet it must have sounded gorgeous back then.
  9. hifi_nut

Getting back at it

As a matter of fact, I have, some twenty odd years ago. The ones I´m building now will be considerably less sophisticated, i.e. single and cheaper 15" driver, no internal 2mm. thick lead-sheet linning, etc. Mid range and tweeter sections will also be less costly, if not necessarily worse...
  10. hifi_nut

Getting back at it

Will do. Should take a few days, though.:)
  11. hifi_nut

Happy Birthday hifi_nut!

Thanks, Mark. Great to see you´re still here and doing well, I presume.
  12. hifi_nut

Happy Birthday hifi_nut!

Hey, Tom, my old Audiokarma friend, I´m doing allright. Hope you are too.
  13. hifi_nut

Getting back at it

Hello everyone, it´s been a while since I last participated in this greatest of audio forums, but here goes: A few years back, driven by sheer despair for not having a proper place to set up my big system any longer, I got rid of it all at give away prices on a grey saturday morning. I sold my...
  14. hifi_nut

Happy Birthday hifi_nut!

Only got to see this thread just now. Thank you all. Jim Eck, glad to see you still remember my name.:):music:
  15. hifi_nut

Please allow me to intoduce myself...

Though not a man of wealth and taste I've been around for a long, long year Pleased to meet ( quite a lot of ) you But I don´t expect you to guess my name Feeling like an old devil in the dawning of this new year, my favourite Stone´s song drove me back to my favourite audio forum of...
  16. hifi_nut

How can I revert back to my previous membership status?

Welcome back, Tripod. I remember you.:)
  17. hifi_nut

TD-124 vs TD-124 MkII - any dimensional differences?

The MKI and MKII used exactly the same chassis.
  18. hifi_nut

Not exactly new to this place....

.....but I had not been around for a while. I´m glad to see this great forum is as alive and kicking as it ever was, and that quite a few of the old timers still hang around here. I mean no disregard to anyone else, but a special " hello again " to Ernie ( Luvinnvinyl ) is in order. Jorge
  19. hifi_nut

Burn-in of CD Player

What a great laugh I just had. I sure needed it. Thank you river 25.
  20. hifi_nut

Nice vintage score today

Nice! Those little Pionneer receivers sound ever so sweet.:yes:
  21. hifi_nut

Vote for me!

I voted for you too. You´re doing pretty well, good luck.
  22. hifi_nut

Won a TRIO L-07D Turntable.

I hate you ! I hate you!! I HATE YOU!!!! :D:D:D It´s just a matter of envy, really.:sigh: Congratulations, that´s one heck of a TT.
  23. hifi_nut

Mac system

Really looks great. What about speakers?
  24. hifi_nut

I need a new arm

Another recommendation for the Jelco. Regas are great value too, and a good match for MC´s. I believe the Black Widow is as much a low mass arm as the Mayware, and thus not really suited for most MC cartridges.
  25. hifi_nut

My 8th Thorens TT

Hard to say, really, but I suppose the TD-124, which was my first, is still my favourite. Of course it is, but then, if I get the chance, I intend keeping showing off even further...so many models still to get. :D
Back
Top Bottom