Search results

1. shacky

WiiM - Playlists

Recently bought a WiiM. Can’t seem to have it locate playlists from my phone library or access my music files running LMS on laptop. Will WiiM recognize existing playlists?
  2. shacky

WiiM Pro - iTunes Connect

Just got my WiiM Pro Plus. I can connect to my iPhone music library no problem but WiiM can’t seem to find iTunes winning on my PC laptop. All are on same network. Does WiiM connect to iTunes? How do I get it to connect to iTunes on laptop or at least my music files on same laptop?
  3. shacky

WiiM Questions - from current LMS user

Since Tidal no longer works on my LMS system I’m about to pull trigger on WiiM Pro Plus as a replacement for my current Squeezebox/LMS setup. Currently using Squeezebox Touch to external DAC. LMS running on laptop with ~ 400 GB lossless files on USB HD streaming via WiFi to the SBT. Can I...
  4. shacky

Strange instrument gets emphasized by my AR9’s

One of my favorite albums is Jack Jezzro’s Brazilian Nights and my favorite track is Paqueta, Isle of Love. I recently went back to my AR9’s from Klipsch Fortes. As I now remember there is something in lower range, like a woodwind of some sort, that rises to level of sounding distorted on my...
  5. shacky

Problem playing Tidal on LMS

My LMS setup has been working very well for about 6 months. I have LMS on my laptop, SB Touch at stereo, and usually control from iPeng on phone. All of a sudden my playlists on Tidal will only play for about 4 seconds then stop. After several minutes it will do same again. I have to play a...
  6. shacky

Klipsch KG 5.2 Value

I see a pair of KG 5.2’s for sale locally. Appear to be in cherry conditions. In Walnut Oil. what would be realistic value? Seller asking $900 :yikes:
  7. shacky

Would KG 5.2 outperform my Forte’s?

I see a pair of KG 5.2’s for sale near me. Price is a little high but peeked my interest. I have original Forte’s with Crites Tweeter and rebuilt Crites Crossover. They sound wonderful. My open floor plan FL home I do have to turn up bass and the placement (only option: ) has bass suck...
  8. shacky

Refurbed AR3 Value

I have a pair of AR3’s that were gone through by our resident expert Roy C over 12 years ago. I had Roy install my Ohmite pots, recapped and choose best drivers out of the two pair I had. They‘ve been in my basement for last 8 years. One side of veneer got slightly moldy but I may sand and...
  9. shacky

AR3 Questions

I have a pair of AR3’s that I just hooked up after sitting idle for probably 8 years. I can’t tell if tweeters are working and I seem to recall I had same questionable function when I put them away. I’ve been reading here how important it is to have these tweeters rebuilt for good...
  10. shacky

Anyone in WNY that could faderlube Sony receiver?

I gave my son my Sony 6065. New power caps and was working great last I used it ~ 8 years ago. One channel not working. Had him work knobs/switches but no luck. Likely needs a good faderlube bath. I’m in FL now and won’t be able to travel for a while. Anyone in WNY (son is in Rochester)...
  11. shacky

Eico HF-81 Phono vs Aux, why so different?

I noticed my Eico sound way better on vinyl/phono than my DAC via Aux. I mean way better. Phono has much more meat, bass authority. Dan had moved my phono section during restoration so no doubt the Phono section is superb. But why would it be such a night and day difference from Aux/DAC...
  12. shacky

Looking at Cambridge Audio CXN V2

I’m seriously looking to buy the CA CXN. I see one thing not so nice is lack of WiFi but that can be solved by WiFi dongle. I’d love to hear from owners experience and how well the control app works.
  13. shacky

Recommend Music Streamer

I’ve been using Raspberry Pi running LMS to a SB Touch for years. My problem is I always seem to be chasing problems down. Most recently problem was caused by change in internet provider and it has taken me week and a half to get back up and I still can’t play Tidal via Pi. Only via LMS on my...
  14. shacky

Anybody have the Music Fidelity MX-Streamer?

Looking for new streamer. Want to get feedback from someone here if possible.
  15. shacky

Anybody have the Marantz ND8006?

I’ve been looking at Marantz CD/streamer as replacement to my LMS Raspberry Pi setup. I’ll most likely still use external DAC I just want to be able to play my lossless file, Tidal, and CD - more for the Mrs. wondering if streaming to another unit of some sort is possible but that’s not...
  16. shacky

Is Roon compatible with LMS?

I was looking at Roon on YouTube and looks great. My setup is Rasberry Pi streaming files and Tidal to SB Touch. Is Roon compatible?
  17. shacky

LMS Alternatives

I'm at that point (again) where I want to throw my PiCoreplayer RPi out the window.!!! Tried moving to Frontier fiber to save $'s. Wouldn't work with my SB Touch and laptop or PiCoreplayer so I'm back to Xfinity. Now I can't get my PiCoreplayer to work on that either. Can't even connect via...
  18. shacky

Fed up with pCP/LMS

Just changed internet providers - Xfinity to Frontier. The EERO “extenders” they gave me won’t work with my Raspberry pCP or SB Touch. I can’t even connect my Touch with my laptop running LMS. I can see the two at least on iPeng and the Touch but can’t connect. I’m ready for a new server...
  19. shacky

Wife says I need headphones - Recommendations?

I love my stereo setup. Parasound 2100 Pre, Odyssey Stratos into Klipsch Forte 1’s with Crites upgrades. I think I know nothing will replace the bass bloom or impact I get but my wife needs respite. So I have a license to by headphones!!! I’m thinking closed cans - open FL house so if TV is...
  20. shacky

Fair selling price for AR9’s

I love my AR 9’s but no longer have room for them. They were refoamed by previous owner - not as aesthetically as I’d like but perfectly fine functionally. Small water swelling on one edge of riser on bottom - I sanded and repainted as best I could. No recapping. All in all I’d say they...
  21. shacky

AR3 Stands

Finally brought my AR 3’s to FL but couldn’t locate my old stands. What readily available stands do you guys recommend! I see some on Etsy.
  22. shacky

Parasound 2100 Preamp

Been using my tube setup with Klipsch Fortes 1. Wasn’t happy with bass response in our FL home with large open space. Realize I had bass suck out as there are no corners anywhere near my speakers. So I brought my Odyssey Stratos out and new to me Parasound preamp. Still have suck out so need...
  23. shacky

Thanks to those working on server issues

I like most want AK fixed right away but I’m very thankful for those who are working hard to get us back up!!!
  24. shacky

Do rectifier tubes affect sound much?

Curious as my EZ81 rectifier tubes in my Eico HF-81 look dark. Do they have much effect on sound? Particularly bass?
  25. shacky

Crowley Everett Media Cabinet

Looking for stereo cabinet. Ideally ~45” wide and at least 18” deep. Came across this and looks like it fits the bill. anyone have one of these? Or suggestions for similar? Crosley Furniture Everett Mid-Century Modern Media Console, Mahogany https://a.co/d/96deExj
Back
Top Bottom