Search results

1. E

Sansui rack setups - would love to see them!

thanks @JimEGR for starting this thread. Here’s a few more photos of my Sansui AU Series Rack System. I fell in love with 70’s Sansui after hearing a TU-417 Tuner and just loved the look and sound of it. 15 years later and many hours scouring the net to find all the pieces I wanted. The AU-717...
  2. E

Show Me Your Sansui!

Hi from Australia, I’ve been curating my Sansui collection for many years, and must thank this forum and members for so much valuable knowledge. I have a mix of new and vintage HiFi gear but my passion is 70’s Sansui, for me the golden era of music and Stereo equipment. Collected over the past...
  3. E

Au 717 , to loudness or not to loudness

I have a fully recapped AU-717 inc Nichicon Gold Tunes and it is definitely not lean sounding and only need to use Loudness when listening at low levels. Having said that, my main speakers do have 15 inch Bass Drivers
  4. E

Hi Jordan, are you wanting a copy of the owner manual?

Hi Jordan, are you wanting a copy of the owner manual?
  5. E

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

AU717,228023441,EdibleHead MA7,249050248,EdibleHead
  6. E

My Sansui rack

nice rack. I like the GX-5
  7. E

Sansui au 717 restoration questions!!

I use WD-40. Spray some onto a soft microfibre cloth and apply gently to the faceplate. Let sit for 30 minutes and then lightly buff off excess.
  8. E

Another AU-717 Restoration

yes, Sansui MA-7 and the matching Monitor Speakers. They do come up for sale occasionally but rarely with the matching speakers.
  9. E

Another AU-717 Too Loud

Use Attenuated interconnects or attenuated RCA connectors. I use -10dB interconnect cables by Grave Science and they do exactly what you want. I also have a pair of -10 Golden Jacks that can be used on any RCA cable.
  10. E

sansui ma-7 monitor consoltte

Yes, there is an operating manual. I have an original hard copy.
  11. E

au 717 international multi power units

I've owned a 417 and now a 717. The 717 has better imaging, depth and control over the 417 as well as incredible build quality. The 717 is a significantly better Amp and worth the extra $$$
  12. E

Show Me Your Sansui!

sure, here is GX-5 Rack. Metal rails and trim was stripped and Powder Coated in satin black. Vinyl veneer removed and new American Walnut timber veneer applied and finished in Satin Hand Rubbed Polyurethane.
  13. E

Show Me Your Sansui!

Thanks John, yes it has taken many years and that is part of the enjoyment. The last search involved a 7 hour drive to buy one of the most elusive Sansui components. Think I have become slightly obsessed with vintage Sansui :D
  14. E

Show Me Your Sansui!

Loaded GX-5 Rack one of my GX-5 racks, now complete with Sansui Accessories Case. It has taken many years of searching, some components imported from the U.S. and some found locally. I restored this GX-5, finishing it in genuine American Walnut timber veneer.
  15. E

Show Me Your Sansui!

So nice :thmbsp:
  16. E

Show Me Your Sansui!

:smoke::smoke: I have no more room in the rack :yes:
  17. E

Show Me Your Sansui!

AU Series Rack Mounted I love my Sansui gear and finally fitted the last piece to my rack :banana:
  18. E

Best way to reveneer the case on this 8080DB

you don't need any special skills but plenty time and patience. I recently re-veneered my Sansui GX-5 rack peeling off the blistered and worn vinyl and applying genuine American Walnut timber veneer. I used a trim router and file to finish the edges and it now looks better than new after a few...
  19. E

Au 222

I have a nice original AU-222 and think it's a great little Amp.
  20. E

BA-5000, Yes or No

Had the opportunity to buy a mint BA5000 in original box for $500 a few years ago from a deceased estate, the seller had no idea what it was worth ... Nor did I at the time and I passed up on it. I've regretted it ever since I found out what a BA 5000 is but I would never pay the sort of money...
  21. E

AU-717 restore - how far?

a comprehensive recap and service completely transformed the sound of my AU-717. Prior to recap it sounded OK but a bit flat and now it sounds terrific, I listen to it much more.
  22. E

Au-9900 just not rtght

I also tend to agree. I had an AU-11000 and it did sound a lot less full sounding in the upper mid range than my AU-717. IMO though the AU-11000 was the more accurate Amp but when it came time to rationalise my collection it was the 11000 I sold and kept the 717
  23. E

Finally get to use my rack

Great looking rack. It's actually easy to mount equipment in the GX5, you simply lay the rack on its back and holding the rack handles of the component you want to drop in you can lower it into position.
  24. E

Rackmounting the x17 Series

thanks John. Took me many years to find all of the components and about the only other item I'd like is an AX-7 Mixer. I recently restored the GX-5, that was a much bigger and more costly project than I had anticipated. I paid almost $100 just for original Sansui cage nuts, washers and rack...
  25. E

Rackmounting the x17 Series

This is why people pay a high price for AU Series rack handles
Back
Top Bottom