Search results

1. 62sunbeam

Platter Matter Replacement

My Platter Matter mat has gotten sticky. I scrubbed I with simple green and a Magic Eraser and it still a little sticky. Who makes a comparable replacement? Thanks Eric
  2. 62sunbeam

SME wrench size?

What size is the little wrench used to adjust the position of a SME Tonearm? I have a hard time justifying $23 for a little piece of stamped steel but I might have a wrench I can grind down thin enough to do the job. thanks Eric
  3. 62sunbeam

Audio Research DAC-1 pops and cuts out

I have a NOS DAC 1 that I love. I replaced the phase switch because the stalk had snapped off while in storage. it does have one issue. If I listen for a while it will pop and then cut out. If I toggle the selector switch it will resume streaming. My source is an Apple AirPort Express with...
  4. 62sunbeam

C&K 7101 Switch Part Number Sought

I’m trying to find a replacement for the Phase switch on my Audio Research DAC1. There was a long flat toggle switch that was broken off. Id like to find the same switch if possible. I’ve checked Digi-Key and Mouser but can’t seem to find the exact switch. Funny thing is Audio Research has a...
  5. 62sunbeam

Audio Research DAC1-20 Question

So I picked up a real NOS DAC1 today. It’s never been used. Ever. The seller said he threw away the packaging (I don’t know why. Go figure). There are no scuffs or marks on the output jacks so I believe him. Only issue is the Invert switch got snapped off. A new one is $17 on DigiKey I...
  6. 62sunbeam

Anyone who considers themself a serious chef use and like an induction cook top?

I’m considering a induction cook top range as an alternative to the shitty gas GE one we have now. It’s the oven in the GE I hate but a stove that didn’t make the kitchen so hot would be nice. What’s your opinion? Thanks Eric
  7. 62sunbeam

Arm for a TD126 MkIII

I picked up a pretty nice TD126 MkIII that I need to put an arm on. I have a SME 3009 MKIII I could use but I’m curious what the consensus is. I prefer MC carts by the way. TIA Eric
  8. 62sunbeam

Sumo or B&K????

What do you think nets better sound a B&K MC-101 pre and a 422 amp or a Sumo Andromeda and The Nine pairing? thanks Eric PS. I’m pretty happy with my B&K setup. Just curious
  9. 62sunbeam

Restarting A Boat After A LOOOONG Rest

I’m picking up a ‘92 Searay bow rider tomorrow. It’s very low hours but it sat in the SoCal sun for a decade. Most if not all of the upholstery will need to be replaced and done cosmetics looked after. I figure a carb rebuild and new coolant impeller are in order and I figure an overnight soak...
  10. 62sunbeam

B&K ST2140 One Channel Dead Etc…..

So I left my ST2140 on for a a while as I had read and heard leaving SS gear on was actually better but maybe not. The amp was plugged into a good power conditioner. The left channel is dead and when I power off the unit the panel LED stays on for a while. Even if I unplug the amp the LED...
  11. 62sunbeam

Long Beach Tannoy. Hurry

No way I can make this happen. Have at it: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/ele/d/long-beach-vintage-tanoy-speakers-duel/7433172987.html Good luck Eric
  12. 62sunbeam

Thorens TD-126 MkIII Refurb Questions

I picked up a ratty 126 MkIII this weekend. It does power up and does spin but the strobe is out etc. etc. etc. I will need a new belt so where can I get a genuine Thorens replacement? My go to guy went out of business. I also need the left side hinge gear for the lid. Anyone know where I...
  13. 62sunbeam

AMC CVT2100 - Any good?

I was offered one for what seems like small change for a 80wpc tube amp which makes me suspicious of its quality/capabilities. I’ve had Cary CAD-100 mono blocks and a Pilot amp and they were great. Is the AMC anywhere close sound quality wise? thanks Eric
  14. 62sunbeam

Relentless Spammer on Los Angeles CL

If I do a search for an AR Turntable on LA CL, or any other specific audio item for that matter, the vast majority of the ads that come up are from this a$$ hat looking to buy equipment for either $9999 or $10,000. I sent a complaint to CL but he persists. I sent him a polite email he said...
  15. 62sunbeam

Acoustat Model Three MH Schematic needed - Please

I’m trying to resurrect a pair of Model Three MH and I need a schematic. Usually I take excellent photos but this time the make no sense to me. Please either steer me to a site or PM me and I’ll send my email. Thanks in advance. Eric
  16. 62sunbeam

Recommend a Tube Guitar Amp DIY Kit please

Can someone recommend a DIY tube guitar amp kit I can build with my son? Kit or easy to follow schematic for a scratch build would be great. Thanks Eric
  17. 62sunbeam

Vane Air Compressor Maintenance Questions

I have a huge RTI vane air compressor I use at work. It’s a great compressor but RTI’s customer support is lacking and I need to replace the oil filter and oil as well as the air/oil separator. The unit itself says use RS8000 oil and I’d like to find it’s equivalent in the McMaster catalogue...
  18. 62sunbeam

What’s better Magnepan or Acoustat?

I own my fifth pair of Magnepans, a pair of 1.5QR that I like. Not as good as the 2.5 R I used to own but good. How would a pair of Acoustat 2+2 or Three/M compare? There’s a pair of what pair to be Hybrid Acoustat That need a fair amount of work near me but Not sure if they would be a step...
  19. 62sunbeam

Rubber Surrounds for DQM-9s

Is there a source for rubber surrounds for the full sized woofer of the DQM-9s? I did them once already with foam which have failed after 9 years. I’d like to go rubber this time. Thanks Eric
  20. 62sunbeam

JVC QL-Y55F Arm Issues

A friend has offered me a QL-Y55F that he says the auto return/que function doesn’t work. I’m wondering if this means the active damping is maybe also NFG or if that’s separate. Also what might cause the cuing to not work? Easy fix? Thanks Eric
  21. 62sunbeam

Please Recommend An OBD2 Scan Tool and a Forum for Mini Cars

My wife’s ‘14 Mini Countryman is starting to be a pain in my ass. I read a code indicating the downstream O2 sensor was bad so I replaced it and erased the code. Now the CEL is back but no codes show on my Autel scanner. The same one that saw the original code. Can you recommend a...
  22. 62sunbeam

Garrard Zero 100 motor doesn’t turn

I picked up a Zero 100 for my daughter a while back and she and I have undertaken the degreasing and lubing it up and getting it playing again. Thing is when I got it the Platter spun but slowly. We disassembled the motor and cleaned and lubed the top and bottom bearing, reassembled it and...
  23. 62sunbeam

Central Colorado to SoCal??

I have a line on something kind of big in Colorado. if you’re coming my way please let me know. Thanks Eric
  24. 62sunbeam

Discogs shipping cost

What is the normal shipping cost for a single LP purchased on discogs? I was just quoted $14 for a single LP which I think is somewhat excessive am I wrong? Thank you Eric
  25. 62sunbeam

I’m Just Curious...

If I’ve told anyone how much I’m enjoying my Magnepan 1.5QR speakers? As usual the Maggie’s never fail to impress. Just thought I’d share. Thanks Eric
Back
Top Bottom