Search results

1. J

Gold Note PH 10 and Modwright ph9.0

Anybody get a chance to demo the Gold Note PH 10 with PSU 10 and the Modwright ph9.0? Using Thorens TD 160 to McIntosh C37 to McIntosh MS7200 to Salk Song 3A's. Switching C37 out for Cary SLP98 next week. Have at33sa on now and going to try a Denon 103.
  2. J

Thermal Protection

Mcintosh C37 into MC7200. Manual cabinet dimensions are stated as 8H x 17W x 15 5/8 deep. I am at 8H x 17 3/8W x17 1/2D. Triggered thermal protection when I set the gain on max. Two days later set gain at touch under 3/4 and added fan to draw heat out the back of the cabinet and set it off...
  3. J

Another Gain Question

Not sure if I understand this correctly. Gain is for input voltage and usually more gain causes clipping? McIntosh MC7200 manual says to set gain at max for best S/N Ratio. Where do most of you set your gain?
  4. J

Audio Classic and McIntosh Boxes

Do you people with little storage space save the boxes set up or broken down? Not in a postion to sell but things change when you want newer or different gear. For me if I buy McIntosh equipment I always tell the seller if they do not have McIntosh boxes I will send them some. I had received a...
  5. J

Cabinet

Just got a Mac 4100 and want to build a new cabinet. Does everyone use MDF with veneer or can you use a veneered plywood?
  6. J

Thorens, AR or Dual?

Looking to get a turntable and the more I look the more confusing it gets. Thorens TD 160 is still affordable. Acoustic Research ES-1, XA and XB seem to have a lot of room for upgrades. The Dual 1229 seems to get a lot of attention. The Dual 504 is going cheap for a belt drive but have not heard...
Back
Top Bottom