Search results

1. Damage

Happy Birthday Damage!

Thanks ya'll!
  2. Damage

Polk Audio Monitor 7 vs. The New Advent

yes All the speakers I listed were direct comparisons to Polk 7 / NLA. Nothing else. Two responses in one post. But if you'd like, I would say the 8" versions of speakers on the list, or dual 6.5s, would compete bass wise without a sub. In a small room or nearfield, they would have plenty of...
  3. Damage

I saw the ADS on your list and completely glanced over them. I have a pair of 620s in the closet now. It's actually a pretty good 10" 2-way.
  4. Damage

Elac Debut JBL Studio/LRS Adam Audio TV series Yamaha HS series Wharfdale Monoprice Polk DIY GR-Research kits HiVi/Swan CSS Criton Pi speakers I stand by my opinion that any of these would sound as good as the Polk 7s, if not better. Most likely better. If you knew exactly what you were...
  5. Damage

My opinion is they have about the same level of performance. The Advent has more bass with so so highs performance. And the Polk has less low bass and brighter highs. Neither would win awards in today's world.
  6. Damage

GR Research is cookin' up some very interesting "old school" 3-way (kit) speakers

That is one thing I find annoying AF, lobing. Some speakers are so bad about it. When I can mentally see the curtains of interference, I find it very hard to enjoy music because it's so distracting. Might has well put 2x8s in different positions between you and the speakers. They might sound...
  7. Damage

GR Research is cookin' up some very interesting "old school" 3-way (kit) speakers

That type of configuration, depending on the room, and the driver configuration, it can be good or bad. For example, I find the Kappa 9s to be better at it than say ribbons/planar, in a near wall situation.
  8. Damage

That's why I have several different pairs of speakers of different designs. And I enjoy every single one of them when they are in rotation. They all have shortcomings. And they all have their strengths. I rarely listen to speakers anymore. I listen to music. Magazines, reviews, websites...
  9. Damage

I've read some of his papers in the distance past. Ironic that the first paper listed in the current list is about the "importance of directivity in a loudspeakers system" I wasn't suggesting that 2nd/3rd measurements correlated to "good sound." I said there weren't "good" reasons to ignore the...
  10. Damage

It might be true that is how some people interpret the results. But that doesn't make the data from the Klippel any less valid. And I have personally listened to speakers that have been tested and found the data consistent to how the speakers seemed to sound in a decently designed room. Or at...
  11. Damage

I am curious what measurements you refer to and whether it's the measurements, or the interpretation of the data that's flawed.
  12. Damage

I wonder sometimes if his measuring setup provides faulty data. A "ring" he identifies in the NS-1000M is present on many of his measurements, including his new "old school" 3-ways. There are other anomalies in his measurements. And his hokey speaker wire picking up radio "interference"...
  13. Damage

Happy Birthday Damage!

You guys are too kind! Thanks to every one!
  14. Damage

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Jul 20, 2005
  15. Damage

SAE A1001

SAE A1001-3 by Damage posted May 3, 2021 at 8:34 PM
  16. Damage

SAE A1001

SAE A1001-1 by Damage posted May 3, 2021 at 8:33 PM
  17. SAE A1001-4

SAE A1001-4

18. SAE A1001-3

SAE A1001-3

19. SAE A1001-2

SAE A1001-2

20. SAE A1001-1

SAE A1001-1

21. Damage

SAE A1001

Alright. Who bought the A1001 on ePay for $2k?
  22. Damage

Speakers on low budget

Sorry, can't be more helpful. Could you maybe build a DIY kit then? Something like - https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/2-way-speaker-kits/seas-mimir-2-way-speaker-kit-pair-parts-only/ Otherwise, Canton Karats, something like this, those these are in US -...
  23. Damage

Speakers on low budget

If you like the Cantons, then you might like the ADS speakers. I have ADS L620s with a 10" woofer. I actually find it to be a fantastic speaker. I replaced the Canton Karat 40s I was using I liked them it so much. I would not get the L520s though. They are overpriced and I think the box is a bit...
  24. Damage

Large Advent Line Level Baffle Step Compensation (BSC) Build Instructions

I have to wonder if this compensations is built into the powered version already.
Back
Top Bottom