Search results

1. moookie1051

What is the most inovative rock LP of all time?

Love, "Forever Changes". The most innovative fusion of strings, horns, guitars, & vocals I've ever heard. I never get tired of this album, & have been listening to it nearly every day, for over 40 years. The "Forever Changes Concert" dvd is a live note for note reproduction of the album that is...
  2. moookie1051

Okay..what is your top 3 most perfect albums

Love - Forever Changes Jeff Beck - Truth Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
  3. moookie1051

Top 5 Favorite Guitarist?

1. Joe Bonamassa 2. Mark Knopfler 3. Richard Thompson 4. Tommy Emmanuel 5. Gary Moore
  4. moookie1051

2012 Akfest photo's

http://alhull.com/akfest/AKFest2012032r_jpg.htm Heard these at the Fest. Was very impressed. Can anyone ID them and provide a link or more info ?
  5. moookie1051

Prometheus:

Just got home from seeing it the 2nd time in 5 days, both times in IMAX 3D. Even better the 2nd time around. Awesome LFE. Incredible cinematography , amazing 3D. YMMV
  6. moookie1051

Pioneer M-22 repair- Michigan local(48383)

As best that I can tell, I need to replace C42, a NP 22ufd 160v electrolytic, which is connected across the coil of RL1. Hope that is correct.
  7. moookie1051

Thanks for the info. Time to break out the schematic.:thmbsp:
  8. moookie1051

Thanks for all the quick replies. I've sent a message to Punker X requesting his assistance. Awaiting a response.:tresbon:
  9. moookie1051

Hello Mike, I'm also Mike. I've got a Pioneer M-22 with a problem. I've got a very loud...

Hello Mike, I'm also Mike. I've got a Pioneer M-22 with a problem. I've got a very loud buzzing, chattering sound from 1 of the 2 transformers on the chassis, upon powering on, AFAIK. It's not audible through the attached speakers. It goes away almost completely after operating for 20 minutes...
  10. moookie1051

Whats your current most prized piece of equip?

My Pioneer M-22 Class A Dual Monoblock
  11. moookie1051

I've got a very loud buzzing, chattering sound from 1 of the 2 transformers on the chassis, upon powering on, AFAIK. It's not audible through the attached speakers. It goes away almost completely after operating for 20 minutes or so, but seems to buzz/clatter longer each time I use it. I'm...
  12. moookie1051

Did you study electronics?

14 years as an electronics tech in the USN, followed by 9 years in an R&D lab for an OEM automotive electronics supplier, then 4 years in computer repair & installation , & finally 9 years in industrial PCB design & engineering. Retired now, & repair audio/video for friends, just for fun.:music:
  13. moookie1051

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

1. Mirage OM-5s 2. Emotiva ERT-8.3s 3. DCM Timewindow 1as All 3 pairs currently in use.:banana::music:
  14. moookie1051

How many speakers do you own?

Mirage OM-5, OM-C2 DCM Timewindow1a DefTech BP-1.2x Epik Empires Emotiva ERT-8.3, ERM-6.3, ERM-1, ERD-1, Ultra 12s Advent Laureate Genesis 1 Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble SAAT R303-BK Sony SS-M90N KLH-L625B Bose 201 Bose 100 Boston Acoustics Avidea 770 (6.1) Paradigm Center...
  15. moookie1051

KEF 105.2 opinions ?

Have a chance to pick up a pair of KEF 105.2 with a still-in-boxxes pair of replacement 12" woofers. Anyone familiar with these? I've seen a pair currently on A-GON for $1500,with re-built X-OVERS, but from what I've read, it's "woofer sag" that cause problems with this model. Need advice ASAP...
  16. moookie1051

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

Mirage OM-5 Emotiva ERT-8.3 New Large Advent Been waiting since '87 for my EX to ship my NLAs back to me. Think it's too late to file a claim?:no:
  17. moookie1051

JBL L300 Summit ?

Quote: Originally Posted by d16rr702 my holy grail....for now....JBL L300 Summit I've got a chance to pick up a pair of these, but have no idea what to offer $wise. I think I can get them for <$1000.00. Assuming they're in good shape & fully functional, how high would you go?
  18. moookie1051

Emotiva speaker cables and interconnects

I've been using the EMO Ultra interconnects & speaker cables for several months now in 2 of my HTs & am very pleased with the quality & appearance of the products. Previously used monoprice cables. I prefer the looks & flexibility of the EMOs, though. SQ, to my ears, is not different. Both...
  19. moookie1051

UPS damage Photo

20. moookie1051

Woohoo!! Motorcycle season started today.

Souvenir T-shirt from HELL, MI From yesterdays' Blessing of the Bikes :thmbsp:
  21. moookie1051

JVC speakers?? 15" 3-way $60 local, or Advent Laureate also $60

Even though the woofers aren't OEM, I'd still take the Advents over the JVCs.:yes:
  22. moookie1051

JVC speakers?? 15" 3-way $60 local, or Advent Laureate also $60

I've got a pair of the Laureates, & those woofers in the pix are not the originals. These are:
  23. moookie1051

JMoney Ear Pads, DON'T BUY! See *** Pictures ***

I bought a pair of ear pads from JMoney a couple of months ago. The first set of pads were lost in transit. Even though I had not paid for insurance or expedited delivery, JMoney sent me a second set, with insurance & expedited delivery at his expense, and refunded over 50% of what I paid...
  24. moookie1051

Your Last Concert (or two)

Joe Bonamassa in Grand Rapids @DeVos on 21 March. Incredible performance . Already have tix to see him again on October 29th @ The Fox.:banana::thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom