Search results

1. vladtm

Dual 626 with high IGD

Yes, remove the screw, pull the handle back, and afterwards pull the stylus. I am really inclined to buy it. I am looking on ebay.de for one right now, i see lots of 20-30 euro replacements, i imagine those are fake rip-offs.
  2. vladtm

Dual 626 with high IGD

Yeah, the stylus sounds ok for the first tracks, only goes muddy in the end. Also, it's not a 1/2 mount, it's the default ULM55E, no screws to adjust the alignment, Hopefully someone with experience with this turntable can help me on this, as i would hate to buy a 70 euro stylus only to find i...
  3. vladtm

Dual 626 with high IGD

I have no details of how old it is as i got it used. How is the alignment of a dual 626 procedure ? I could not find anything in the documentation online for this model. Thank you. Update : manual is saying that once cartridge is secured by the screwm , the stylus geometry is set...
  4. vladtm

Dual 626 with high IGD

Hello AK, i just got my first turntable, a Dual 626. The machine is in pretty nice shape, spot on speed , lovely sound. I also have a Dual amplifier for it, i own that for some years now. I got some very nice condition LP's , now here is where my touble starts. I have done some research...
  5. vladtm

Tape Biasing - Help Needed

Still one question reamins, with the record EQ pots at minimum, i cannot do the biasing using the peak-drop method, as when i turn the bias pots to minimum, the 10kz response increases and increases until i hit the limit of the pot. Maybe i got it wrong but i read that using 10khz to overbias...
  6. vladtm

Akai GX-635D vs. Teac X2000R vs Revox A77

He also sends haribo to people buying calibration tapes, really nice guy.
  7. vladtm

Tape Biasing - Help Needed

Any points on how to bias a Revox B77 ? Turn the eq to the min and then start to adjust the bias, or turn eq to max, what comes first. I understand that eq is a compensation for the -6 -7 db overbias (for maxell or afga PEM), to bring the HF range back up. Thank you.
  8. vladtm

How many members use reel to reel decks here ?

ReVox B77 mk II happy user here :D
  9. vladtm

GX glass head dilemma.

I have this same problem with a GX 630D, and i don't know where can i find a playback head for it, mine is the right channel. The deck records beautiful.
  10. vladtm

About metal tape...

Thanks guys, got them today at the price of 5 beers for the previous owner. For the moment the only deck i own is a Onkyo TA-6310 , so it's not that high end, but the head is like new and the deck sounds pretty good, also has dolby S.
  11. vladtm

Cleaning the Capstan Rubber Rollers

Nice setup you have there @keesue, i need to find a stand for my B77 mk2 too.
  12. vladtm

About metal tape...

Hi, this is my first post on AK forums, glad to find all of you passionate about analog recording and collecting. I have the opportunity to buy at 3$/piece (~12 pcs) Fuji FR Metal 90, are these good tapes or low end crapy metals ? The rest of my Metals i own now are Sony and TDK .
Back
Top Bottom