Search results

1. roblectric

Ready to restore some items W TN

Stepped away from this forum before I retired and moved to west TN. I acquired several pieces of Sansui and Pioneer gear that I now can afford to restore. Can anyone recommend a reputable expert in my area. I do not want to ship. Anywhere between Nashville and Memphis would be desirable. Thank...
  2. roblectric

HPM 200 and HPM 150

Both models currently on that auction site if anyone is interested. $$$$
  3. roblectric

Altec Model 19

A pair of Altec model 19 is up for auction on liveauctioneers.com. in case anyone is interested. Fairly rare holy grail of speakers located in Windsor CT. Current bid $800 with 9 days until auction end. If I lived closer I would be all over this.
  4. roblectric

Starting Over

When I moved into my current home 12 years ago, I unboxed the only component of my high school stereo system that survived all the keggers I hauled that system to. A Project One DR770 turntable still working. Fast forward to today and I have collected a few old pieces that all need resotoration...
  5. roblectric

Damage to Phono1

I have already kicked my own arse for doing this but I inadvertently plugged my tuner into the phono1 jacks and gave it a test. Within seconds I knew something was wrong and shut everything down. What specifically have I damaged in my phono section? Brave enough to attempt repairs but also...
  6. roblectric

Patience Pays Off

While surfing the auction sites I ran across a "too good to be true" item. My first thought was the condition must be real bad for the price to be so low. There were just enough pics to make me pull the trigger and hit the BIN button. After a 4.5 hour drive I was looking at a pair of HPM-200's...
  7. roblectric

Suggestion for a cd player/dac for vintage system?

I have completed my Sansui component system and would like to ask for suggestions for a more modern audio cd player. I currently have an old Philips dvd player to play my older cd's and a ifi nano HD USB DAC for playing the thousands of mp3's I have on my laptop hard drive. I am looking for an...
  8. roblectric

Strange Problem

I started to get back into vintage Pioneer gear a few years ago after I pulled one of my surviving turntables off a basement shelf. I found a decent SX 1080 receiver on Ebay and took it to my tech for a cleaning. They said it sounded great and I brought it home. Next I found a pair of HPM 150's...
  9. roblectric

Pioneer CT f505 Belt Replacement Gone Wrong

Ordered a belt kit for a Pioneer CT F505. Disassembled per instructions and re assembled. Unit lights up but none of the play, rewind , or FF work. Motor switches seem to be making good contact. This is the first time I have attempted anything like this and any help would be appreciated.
  10. roblectric

My Newb Story: Advice Appreciated

I am new to vintage components and have recently began building the system I drooled over when I was 16, many moons ago. What I have so far is a Pioneer SX-1080 (EBay) that I picked up in a Gary IN questionable neighborhood. Didn't know that until I got there. This older reverend looking dude...
  11. roblectric

SX-1080 pics

[Bought this recently and everything works except for the FM lamp. The plan is to get it refurbished (suggestions on who to send it to would be great) and use it for music in the basement. I see a few leaky caps and lotsa dirt, but to the untrained eye, this monster may be about to blow and I...
  12. roblectric

Hello from Peoria,IL

Hello Everybody. Became interested in vintage audio and picked up a SX-1080 on EBay. It's in working condition but I know it needs some work. I am an electrician which means I don't know squat about electronics but willing to learn. My head is still swimming from info overload after reading...
Back
Top Bottom