Search results

1. mroboto

Audio Absurdity Award Goes To....

If the amp start to act like Hell, you may need an Exorcist
  2. mroboto

The Topping D50 III is out, Just saying...

Promising 0.00006% distortion ! Not out for delivery yet, the seller says there are delays in shipping... I so much like my D50s, so I had to order one D50 III And a 2nd L.K.S Audio LPS-25-USB Linear power supply to go with it too. External + Linear power supply is a great combination for...
  3. mroboto

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Another BRZHiFi X21 (TPA3255 Class D amp), in silver colour this time, to be able to play FLAC files on a USB flash drives directly on the front of the amp, in my main listening room, during summer heat waves, when I'm not willing to start the computer as source (of heat :rant:) it's really...
  4. mroboto

Replacing all capacitors with solid polymer ones inside amplifier

Yes, since they are 1/2W, forget about, that was just an example. Transistors are Mhz rated, why not capacitors ? The flagship BA-F1 is a great exemple of very fast amplifier at 600Khz frequency response. Film caps I did try in my mods tends to be slower, missing details power and dynamic in...
  5. mroboto

People talk about ESR as if the resistance slows down the signal but in the NFB network there is often a resistor of around 10 kOhm. The NFB signal is not slowed down as far as I know!? The best you can use is non inductive resistor.
  6. mroboto

Solid Polymer alone sounds like crap. Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors sounds smoother. Multiplying capacitors is the key, I like to add Ceramic or Film capacitors. Ceramic sounds better at high audio frequencies, the highest values like 10uf 50V everywhere you can for DC filtering of sources...
  7. mroboto

HAIR METAL, list your one "guilty pleasure" tune!!

Too heavy ? Just too good to not post it ! Holocaust - Heavy Metal Mania
  8. mroboto

6BA6 Substitute

Please verify, but I think they are : 6BA6 / EF93 / 6K4P / 6K4P-ER (6K4n-EP in russian)
  9. mroboto

Help me pick out a cheap new(er) amp

I meant, unless you buy a low power amplifier in consumer electronics category, you never knew what amp you really bought since transistors. Sometimes I prefer less, Push Pull is less than a Parallel Push Pull. I very like class A, but a class AB Push Pull is almost my favourite. Have to roll...
  10. mroboto

A Push Pull or Parallel Push Pull ? You have to take a look under the hood.
  11. mroboto

The fun with my BRZHiFi X21 3 Channel (3rd is for Passive Subwoofer) Class D amp that is not so cheap, is not having only a Analog RCA, Optical, Coaxial, PC-USB, and Bluetooth inputs, I can plug a USB flash drive directly on the front of the amp, but not only that. That USB reading in FLAC...
  12. mroboto

For summer I use a BRZHiFi X10, while I use tubes for Winter. The class D amp always runs cold. Have 2 RCA inputs, a BT antenna and a USB input for PC. Simple, sound is clean, and powerful. Sound a bit different than tube amps but not bad. For bedroom I always use a X21 (With a USB Flash...
  13. mroboto

Do you own two (or more) of the same amp?

Now I own four BRZHiFi X10 (TPA3255)
  14. mroboto

Mystery Speaker's

Made at the same factory as early Paradigm maybe. :idea:
  15. mroboto

Mystery Speaker's

Looks like Vifa D25TG tweeters like those used on early Paradigm Woofers may look like some early Paradigm woofers too, I'm not sure, they look like this picture of 9SE MK3 from Kijiji Except that those below are Aluminum Alloy baskets You have an early version with Stamped Steel baskets and...
  16. mroboto

“Fatiguing?”

Unless you listen at too high levels, I second the too much distortion verdict for many cases, at high frequencies (More often) The solution is simple when you have soldering iron skills Is to add power filtering capacitors. The most effective is ceramic capacitors. the most ceramic...
  17. mroboto

Cheap speakers with expensive amp or the other way around?

You can like 100$ Used speakers with a 800$ Tube amp As you can like 800$ New speakers with a 100$ Class D amp Matter of taste but also a matter of room placement for speakers, to consider.
  18. mroboto

What the most useless/unreliable piece of Hi-Fi you have ever owned?

Highest expectations, but highest troubles, a used Denon PMA-920 that may had problems to begin with ? When paired up with too low to even normal impedance speakers I blown outputs and drivers stages maybe 3 times (Fuses are blown again so maybe the 3rd time). Repaired 2 times by an authorised...
  19. mroboto

Undecided in purchasing between smsl do100 and topping e30ii

Looks like a rather good quality power supply integrated in the SMSL, but still a switching mode power supply, and integrated. An external Linear power supply is the way to go for me. Not only that it's Linear clean power, but when external, it limits noises around the audio circuit path.
  20. mroboto

Undecided in purchasing between smsl do100 and topping e30ii

Pay attention to the power supply. A dedicated Linear power supply will make your DAC shine I already had a L.K.S Audio LPS-25-USB 5V power supply for other obsolete purpose when I choose the Topping D50s The result is very great, with very low noise to signal ratio (To my ears).
  21. mroboto

An Ironic Truth

The different sound is also a thing, even if I am not a vinyl fanatic, I like to listen to them once in a while at least.
  22. mroboto

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Purchased a new laptop, yeah, audio related, because with my older laptop (2009) I hear chipset noise in my Sennheiser HD 650 headphones from my E200 tube headphone amplifier from modified D10s DAC. Not easy in the beginning as the Asus install made random cuts-off in sound, so had to...
Back
Top Bottom