Search results

1. nucleus76

onkyo m-507?

Looks nice! I never knew they made an M-507. I have an M-506RS and and M-504 and love them both. I hope you are able to get the 507! :music:
  2. nucleus76

Onkyo M-504 or M-506RS amplifiers? Anyone have opinions on each?

Nice! I had a Pioneer PL-560...the earlier version with the nice pitch meter for several years before ending up in Technics land. GREAT tables!! Not sure on the NAD vs. P-306. The unit I had came with the servo cable and for some reason it all just sounded flat. Not what I would have expected...
  3. nucleus76

What 2 turntables do you have? I'm running my Oinkers with an NAD preamp and love the sound they deliver! I had the P-306RS for a hot second (it came with my 506RS when I bought it) and I think it must have had something wrong with it so I sold it. Would love to try another 306RS out though.
  4. nucleus76

I happen to own both of these amps. I've had the 506RS for about 3 years and have loved it. It gets used every single day. Recently the stock bulbs began burning out pretty much at the same time. Seeing as these are reported as lasting about 5000 hours, I figure I know roughly know how many...
  5. nucleus76

NAD 5300 Monitor Series CD player.

Glad to meet another Monitor Series fan! Yes, the owners manual is easy. Service manual with schematics, exploded diagrams, and parts list is what I'm looking for. So far its been tough :(
  6. nucleus76

NAD 5300 Monitor Series CD player.

Does anyone happen to have the service manual or know where I might find it? I had been looking for one of these for a long while and finally found one to match my 6300 tape deck and 1700 pre/tuner. I finally found one, although it is not reading CDs, so I figure it needs a new laser which I...
  7. nucleus76

Nad 4300?

Yes, the 1700 is supposed to come close. I like the sound of my 1700, but can't help but wonder if DX ability wouldn't be better on a different tuner. I love the preamp section, and would replace the 1700 with a 1300 dedicated pre to at least have the option of playing the tuner swap/upgrade...
  8. nucleus76

Nad 4300?

Anyone used one of these? I'm considering breaking up my preamp/tuner and going separates. If I do, I'll stick with NAD for the pre, and starting with either a 4300 tuner unless they are garbage. If so Ill just go with a Yamaha T-85 or maybe an Onkyo 9090II if I can find one at a reasonable...
  9. nucleus76

Just recorded my first tape in 10 years!

Here is my new deck in action along with it's relative, the TOTL NAD 1700 preamp-tuner. :D I think I'm one of the few people out there that actually loves the dull gray, industrial look of the old NAD stuff. :thmbsp:
  10. nucleus76

Sounds like you have caught the bug yourself! Good on ya. Making a mix tape for a significant other is romantic! Glad to see someone 18 years young having the same fun with mix tape making as I did as a teenager back in the late '80s/early '90s. The bug is back with me big time. My wife...
  11. nucleus76

Nice!! I love Technics gear. Welcome back to analogue recording! Makes ya smile doesn't it? :music:
  12. nucleus76

Fun indeed! Thanks guys, I truly am having a blast with this and am quickly remembering how much I loved the sound and the process of recording in general. I even stopped by my local thrift store this afternoon and picked up 2 Maxell XLII 90 blank tapes, still in the wrapper for 25 cents each...
  13. nucleus76

Ok, well ..... I know its not taping on a Nak, but I'm still having fun even if no one else cares! ;)
  14. nucleus76

Wow, what a great feeling, and on Cassette no less. :D 10 Years have gone by since I recorded heavily on my old Sony TC-580 reel to reel that I had completely reconditioned at the time. Before that, I had not used Cassette for recording since maybe 1999 or so. Recently I decided I wanted...
  15. nucleus76

Vintage NAD CD-players - ranking request

NAD's "Monitor Series" was their top of the line back in the late 80's early 90's. They had a 5000, a 5100, and the TOTL 5300. The 5300 sold for around $900.00 back when it was new (1987-92ish) Factor inflation and that would have been a 1500.00ish CD player. Looking for a 5300 myself to...
  16. nucleus76

NAD 1300/2400 or 3400/2400 bridged?

I understand this predicament! I have been on the fence about going with a 1300 and a different tuner known for DX ability ...such as the Yamaha T-85 or Onkyo T-9090 II...or just keeping my 1700 pre-tuner which is mint, works great, sounds great, and has a remote which the 1300 does not. Why...
  17. nucleus76

Onkyo

+1 :thmbsp:
  18. nucleus76

Vintage NAD 140 Reciever...anyone know anything about it?

103 is a great cart. I thought long and hard about that one and it was a toss up between the 103R and the 301 II. It was a hard decision, but ultimately it depends on your tonearm mass. My stock Tec 1200's seem to slightly prefer the 301, although many other Tec users have ran 103's with great...
  19. nucleus76

Good, but lesser known vintage gear?

I agree with the above mentioned Philips. They made great stuff. My dad had a 212 turntable. Great sound and engineering! I'd also like to add NAD to this list. Back in the day it was great sound for the price although not as "bling" as some of the major brands. I guess they are a little...
  20. nucleus76

Any Vintage Onkyo Owners?

Nice set up. I also have an M-506RS paired with an M-504 and I love them both.
  21. nucleus76

NAD 1300/2400 or 3400/2400 bridged?

I personally would stay with the separates, but thats just my opinion. If your 1300 is questionable, I'd pick up a second one of those and compare the two. Nice set up by the way, the Monitor Series NAD stuff doesn't get the cred that its due. How do you like that 5300? I have been looking for...
  22. nucleus76

NAD 6100 score?

Im a huge vinyl nut and had been looking for a decent tape deck to make recordings of the first listen of new vinyl LP's so I began looking for an NAD monitor deck that would match my 1700 monitor series pre-tuner. I set out looking for the 3 head direct drive 6300 model. Meanwhile, I found a...
  23. nucleus76

Teac X-2000R Blue LEDs

Yes, I think it looks fantastic also. I have been looking at purchasing one of these at some point soon and when I do, it will have blue LED's installed. I think it further updates the look of an already gorgeous machine. I have 3 Technics SL1200 turntables and have installed blue LED's in all...
  24. nucleus76

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

How has this thread not become a sticky yet?
Back
Top Bottom