Search results

1. D

Diatone Cloth Surrounds - Help needed

Dear AK Members, I have acquired a pair of Diatone speakers and the cloth surround are still supple, but starting to show-case signs of stiffening up. I have read that particularly speakers of the Diatone brand name require an "oil" treatment every so often in order to keep the surrounds nice...
  2. D

Help with Yahoo Auctions Purchase / Japan

I'm not certain what Diatone used to maintain the "softness" of their cloth surrounds, but a lot of posts on youtube and in numerous forums refer to this fancy "oil" treatment. I'll see to it that I find a suitable alternative or perhaps someone who's had experience with the matter. Thank you...
  3. D

Is there nobody that could possibly help or have I posted this call for help in the wrong sub-forum?
  4. D

Dear AK-Members, I'm not certain if I'm posting this thread in the right sub-forum and I apologize for any inconveniences caused thereof. I am in need of some help regarding a product that I'd like to purchase on Yahoo Auctions Japan. I'd like to purchase some "special" oil for the...
  5. D

Music will set you free...

Music will set you free...
  6. D

diatone

diatone
  7. D

You can also send an e-mail to Guido Sinigaglia ... he lives in Roma E-mail address...

You can also send an e-mail to Guido Sinigaglia ... he lives in Roma E-mail address: sinigaglia.guido@alice.it He should have an extra 2 surrounds (as he purchased 4) that I helped him purchase from Viethung. Theoretically, he just needs 2 surrounds, so the 2 should be extra. You guys live in...
  8. D

I don't know if he will reply to you by e-mail. I usually contacted him directly via the Forum...

I don't know if he will reply to you by e-mail. I usually contacted him directly via the Forum (you should take a minute to sign up) and he usually answers within 24 hours with no problem :) Payment is possible using PayPal. The surrounds cost $65 and the shipping takes about 2-3 weeks (perhaps...
  9. D

Hi Ivano. You can purchase foam surrounds from Viethung over at the VNAV Forum...

Hi Ivano. You can purchase foam surrounds from Viethung over at the VNAV Forum. http://vnav.vn/forum/index.php If you need help, let me know. The man has surrounds for the Yamaha NS-2000s. These need to be adjusted lightly as stated in the thread you probably consulted. If you need help, let...
  10. D

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

Robert, any updates on the repair???? :)
  11. D

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

I'm not surprised the foam deteriorated. No worries. I'm not so sure about the glue they used back then. You could consult with a local repair shop or order one from the internet. That's what I did. I am not certain as to what "foam" gasket you are referring to??? (picture please) The only...
  12. D

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

If you look at Roberts post (Brinsmead) (post #149 from 04/19/2015), you'll see that there was some sort of "Service Info E129" which was issued, calling you to modify the Network on the NS-1000(M) using a breaker and NP Cap ... you'd have to ask Robert for a scan / better scan of that manual as...
  13. D

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

very cool. i bet a lot of people did not receive this service info, which is why a lot of the NS-1000's have blown tweeters :(
  14. D

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

There is no greater satisfaction than seeing some happy people on this forum. Music can bring people together like nothing else :) Robert, get your NS-2000s up and running. You can pry away the rubber gasket with your bare fingers. I promise there is no way they will tear, snap, be damaged in...
  15. D

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

That is not quite accurate .... If you refer to my post #21 on this thread, you'll see that I own (or rather used to own :tears: ) a pair of Onkyo SC-1500, which is the European equivalent to the Onkyo Monitor 2000X that was being sold in Asia at the time. The only difference is the wooden...
  16. D

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

Rough indeed, but I'd be more concerned about the housing (?) Why build NS-2000 clones and not just part out the pieces which could bring in some cash as well... ?
  17. D

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

That's weird ... why does that structure look like that of a cloth surround? My new surround runs only into the v-shaped crease ... that's it. This one kinda wraps back around toward the center and voice coil.
  18. D

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Actually, NS-2000's sell regularly for over 2000€ here in Germany. In the past 6 years, I haven't seen a pair sell for less (besides the one I acquired ;) ) Mark, your Deltas and the Centennial Components are amazing!
  19. D

My budget is very small, at best. I've really been blessed and essentially traded up with every purchase and sale I made. To put it in perspective, the NS-2000s and Marantz DC1300 (combined!) cost me less than what a Pair of NS-1000s sell for on ebay :thmbsp: Therefore, more luck and good...
  20. D

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

Hey Robert, here's my take on the matter... I'm gonna lean out the window and say that those are cloth surrounds. I have a pair of JVC (Victor) SX-911 lying around which I acquired recently. You'd be hard-pressed to tell me the difference in person as to whether those surrounds are cloth...
  21. D

Thanks for the feedback. I really consider myself quite fortunate. Started this crazy hobby a few years back right before starting college and after going through JBL L100Ts, L112, L150A, 4312, Onkyo SC-1500, JVC SX-911 and Tannoy Arden, I finally acquired the NS-2000s. I highly recommend all...
  22. D

My search for speakers has essentially come to an end...
  23. D

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

Merry Christmas to all, and to celebrate the occasion.... something for the eyes ;)
  24. D

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

@AFP1 and @Yamahalove Please get back to me with your full address and notify me whether you have a PayPal account so that I may initiate an order for your surrounds. Thanks :)
  25. D

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

Hello everyone, I'm sure that I can organise a few surrounds for all of you. Please just PM me (with amount of surrounds needed, possibly your address) or post something here so that I can figure out how many surrounds to order exactly. I hope it won't be too much of a hassle. Please note that...
Back
Top Bottom