Search results

1. xxhanhxx

Hello from Houston

Welcome. Please let me know when you find a good tech as I’m also in search of a good tech.
  2. xxhanhxx

Pioneer SX-780 in 1975 Druckers Electronics Commercial

Hey Bob, long time no see. Houston markets are totally dry. What happened? Did everyone discover vintage all of a sudden? My SX-850 and CR-2020 still going strong!
  3. xxhanhxx

My new (Old)stuff

Wow all that gear gathered in 2m? The 1C's very good speakers. If you put have good upstream components, they'll reward you. I have 2 pairs myself.
  4. xxhanhxx

Nightwisher's Systems In "Luxman's Room" And Beyond: Some New And Lots of Vintage

Makes sense. I had owned a somewhat modern pair of mass produced Polks which were made in Mexico.
  5. xxhanhxx

Nightwisher's Systems In "Luxman's Room" And Beyond: Some New And Lots of Vintage

Looks like quality, but where were they manufactured?
  6. xxhanhxx

Sony SS M3s ... Man These Are Nice Little Speakers!

All those ADS and you sold the M3's? I could easily sacrifie any of my ADS or all of them before I'd sell the Sony.
  7. xxhanhxx

Sony SS M3s ... Man These Are Nice Little Speakers!

Have owned a pair for about 5yrs and they still impress me. The m7s are sidelined because with a sub, the m3s sound better in my listening space.
  8. xxhanhxx

Overhauled the listening area, new look!

Sweet collection of Marantz..
  9. xxhanhxx

Should I buy a DAC

I don't know anything about the Marantz, but if it is a surround sound receiver, then you're likely to hear a big improvement using an external DAC assuming that you get a decent one.
  10. xxhanhxx

I am officially a convert... I had no idea what I was missing!

I made the discovery way back around 2000 with an Entech Number Cruncher. This enlightenment has been costed me quite a bit of money since. I currently use several DACs that am quite happy with but always have the itch to try something new since they're so inexpensive nowadays. Enjoy!
  11. xxhanhxx

My Music Corner

:bowdown: Wow!
  12. xxhanhxx

Some photos of my systems over the months/years ...

Looks like you're having fun. I enjoy switching around components as well.
  13. xxhanhxx

My vintage Japanese system

:trebon: looking good.
  14. xxhanhxx

ADS L1590 system comes together

How cool is it that you kept a pair of speakers for 33years?! Very nice.
  15. xxhanhxx

Looks like you're have much fun playing around with all those equipment. I feel ya.
  16. xxhanhxx

I listen to basically all types, but these big ADS are dedicated to Pop/Rock. For more critical listening I turn to a pair of Sony's wouldn't you believe? This device looks very interesting. Will be on the lookout for one. Thanks for the tip. My pleasure. Thanks BB! Bucky Badger cool...
  17. xxhanhxx

Bass from the L1590's can fill the room and rattle the walls but I've never been able produce "chest hitting bass" out of them. . Maybe I don't have the amplifier to drive them. Who knows?!
  18. xxhanhxx

You guys were right! They don't need subwoofers, and give these some space and they'll open up as I have them in an 18x20 room now. Love these L1590's but I've thrown many amps at them and it always feel that are hungry for more power. The finish? I'm not sure, black matte perhaps?
  19. xxhanhxx

My Ever-Changing System...

:tresbon: Nice pics!
  20. xxhanhxx

My revised small-room system.

That CR420 looks sweet!
  21. xxhanhxx

A Noobs Hi-Fi collection A YEAR in Pictures from the Local Goodwill ;)

And you got it all for under 5 bills right? :ntwrthy: Soo jealous.
  22. xxhanhxx

My system

:tresbon:Very neat setup!
  23. xxhanhxx

The new heart of my system

Yep! That's what I noticed while on the hunt for an a308cr preamp. China and not Taiwan.
  24. xxhanhxx

The new heart of my system

The latter Chinese models def did not look or seem to be built as nice.
Back
Top Bottom