Search results

1. ClearChannel

Dual 1229 Tonearm Sticks When Auto Drop In First Groove

I have a Dual 1229 turntable that works fine except for on occasion when I auto cycle to play an LP, everything works, the tonearm moves and drops to first groove as it should, BUT THE ARM STAYS STUCK THERE AND IT REPEATS SAME PASSAGE AT THE VER YBEGINNING OF THE RECORD. Everything else on it...
  2. ClearChannel

Kenwood KD-500 Turntable > Tonearm pulls to the outside of platter

H Hi & Thanks. So far not having any problems. It was not 1, 3, or 4. I suspect the wires were "stiff" in that the TT was stored outside in a lean-to if you can believe that. The arm I in immaculate shape and shows no pitting or other. I have a lot of TT's and suspect the wires may be a...
  3. ClearChannel

Thorens TD 124 > Rubber Motor Moint Options

It appears there are several sources for these rubber motor mounts (non of which I believe are OEM or made for Thorens to be OEM for the TD 124). The VM website even sells an almost identical model with almost identical dimensions to the ones on the net. I did buy these. I have an SME 3012 II...
  4. ClearChannel

Tandberg 330 Cassette Deck Belt Replacement Question

Can I use regular oil, or auto grease or Tri-Flo lubricant to lubricate the sled that holds the cassette mechanism?
  5. ClearChannel

First MC Cartridge > Purchase New or Re-Tip Monster Cable Alpha 1?

I recently purchased a Denon DP 62L TT with a Monster Cable Alpha 1 cartridge that has a missing cantilever. I have never had or owned a MC cartridge so I need some advise. Should I have this cartridge re-tipped, or opt for a $300-500 new "entry level" MC cartridge or pass altogether? Will a...
  6. ClearChannel

Pioneer PL 50 PL 60 Antiskate Turntable Repair

I see on *bay that 41 antiskate cams have been sold for the Pioneer PL-50 & PL-60 turntables. Could somebody provide a step by step or photo instruction on how to dismantle the tone arm and install the cam. It would be easy to do, but the arm is on a semi-automatic turntable and that situation...
  7. ClearChannel

Kenwood KD 550 Tonearm Lift Redamping Problem

Yes, although 100,000 works great & does not drop the arm too fast or cause any thump (compared to many other TT's I have seen arm drops), I feel 200,000 might be slightly better choice to make the decent even slower. I used the 100,000 on an AR XB TT with great results and a very good slower drop.
  8. ClearChannel

Working & going down ok now. Had to let it sit for a day and run the "air" out of it . It goes down ok, not super slow or too fast.
  9. ClearChannel

All set on this. Believe 100,000 weight may be too thin.
  10. ClearChannel

I have a KD 550 turntable in which the tonearm cue was dropping too quickly. I obtained 100,000 oil & disassembled tonearm & separated the cue lift lever part (see photo). Cue lift parts looks good with no damage, and I did not make any adjustments to it. I cleaned inside with isopropyl...
  11. ClearChannel

Marantz SLT 12 U Turntable

I have an AR XB head shell & the screw that they use is a perfect fit. Does anyone know what thread size screw came with AR XA & AR XB head shells?
  12. ClearChannel

Thank you both. Someone who had the manual said is stated the size was #3.48 X 1/2 for a Shure cartridge. Is that a #3 screw? Again, the purpose for this post is that the sled that the cart sits on is plastic & has tapped holes to accept mounting screws & I do not want to put a large screw in or...
  13. ClearChannel

Does anyone know what size cartridge mounting screw is used to mount a Shure cart to this TT. As the cart holder for this TT is unobtainable, I do not want to damage the existing threads
  14. ClearChannel

My restored Realistic SCT-30 Cassette Deck!

How difficult is belt replacement? Where did you get belts? Any tips on replacement procedure? I just got the exact same deck. Have done belt replacement on B&O Beocord 5000 which was involved.
  15. ClearChannel

JBL 4311 WX-A Tweeter Question

Thanks, I think you right. The foam is definitely new and probably from eBay& the little circle dimple at 5:00 &11:00 makes me think that it is a LE25-2. Should I remove the foam surround to be certain?
  16. ClearChannel

See attached photos of the original tweeter on the other speaker.
  17. ClearChannel

I recently obtained a pair of JBL 4311 WX-A speakers in which one of the tweeters was substituted with an after market tweeter. I'm not impressed, it is too bright!! I believe thee 4311 WX-A's used the LE25 tweeter, is this correct? Someone said the LE25-2 were used on the 4311B. Can you tell...
  18. ClearChannel

ADS 1290 No Midrange Output

Thank you all for your help! It looks like there was a short on the circuit board where the bi-amp switch is mounted. Problem solved!
  19. ClearChannel

I was able to remove the crossover. It appears has never been removed. I suspect the problem is in the crossover, but I am stumped right now. Again the midrange driver does work, BUT will pass audio if connected directly to speaker leads (the midrange leads are red & white), the leads from...
  20. ClearChannel

Only One midrange not working. The other speaker is fine....all drivers on it work. I have not cleaned the bi-amp switch, as both woofers & tweeter work.
  21. ClearChannel

Thanks for the advice! I will attempt to remove the lower woofer to get at the crossover. Again, I suspect it may be in the crossover or the leads that go to the midrange, as all other drivers work. The other speaker works fine . Cabinets are rough, so they probably had a hard life.
  22. ClearChannel

Yes, I tried substituting another unrelated driver (Advent Tweeter) that was working. When I connected it to the midrange leads, I did not get any audio out of it.
  23. ClearChannel

The tweeter is fine. It is the midrange that I do not get any audio from. I think it is the crossover. No audio to the midrange leads. The back panel where the crossover is mounted to is impossible to get loose, even after removing the allen screws.
Back
Top Bottom