Search results

1. bokat57

Valvet Amp's

Hi jadedavid Would you say the Valvet E2 sound was warm or analytical or some where in between ? How would you describe how forgiving of poorly recorded music the E2 is ? Thanks :thumbsup: Bob
  2. bokat57

Valvet Amp's

Hi Very interesting Can I ask you what preamp & speakers you are using ? Thanks:thumbsup: Bob
  3. bokat57

Using Tube and Solid State Gear Together ?

A lot of great information in this thread so far. I like to consider and learn the different ways one can choose the gear to get the sound quality that individual is looking for. ( not withstanding the trade offs that have to be made sometimes ) I have up to this point in time anyway chosen to...
  4. bokat57

Valvet Amp's

Hi bimasta Yes I did a google search and I read the reviews but I think it's always a plus if you can get some feedback from regular everyday audio people. Thanks :thumbsup: Bob
  5. bokat57

Valvet Amp's

Hi Does anybody have any knowledge on the German Amp company Valvet and in particular the Valvet E2 SS Amp. I would like to know about the Valvet "house sound" and anything else useful about this company and it's products. Thanks :thumbsup: Bob
  6. bokat57

Using Tube and Solid State Gear Together ?

In theory and the all things being equal concept : Is it better to have a tube pre amp and a solid state amp ? OR Is it better to have a solid state pre amp and a tube amp ? What would be the advantages and disadvantages of each combo ? Thanks :thumbsup: Bob
  7. bokat57

Decware

I have had the Mini Torii 2 since January 2012 I have not had any urge to change amps,this is my end game amp. In my opinion a Decware Amp is worth the wait !!! Plus with Decware's 30 day money back home trial you got nothing to lose. Thanks:thumbsup: Bob
  8. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

Very Interesting about Schiit's new stuff. Thanks for the heads up ! BTW Right now my chain is imac > 3m USB > Schiit Wyrd > 1m USB > Yggy and I am liking it Thanks:thumbsup: Bob
  9. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

I don't know. If I may venture a guess, is it possible the CPU is driving everything the audio drivers the usb interface and all else ? The LanRover was working but just at sample rates of 96 kHz and above. It is my understanding that this issue can effect Windows as well as Mac if the CPU's are...
  10. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

Yeah Mr Pig It's like that some days but I will keep moving forward. Thanks:thumbsup: Bob
  11. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

Hi Mr Pig Actually I do have an update. I was going to wait until I put plan B in effect but since you asked I will be happy to bring you and everybody else up to date. I received the PS Audio LanRover on June 29 and put it into service on the same day. I noticed a problem immediately no...
  12. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

You guys are right I have changed my point of view. To make a long story short for the past 3 years I have been using a good quality toslink cable (11 foot) from the headphone ( spdif optical digital out ) port of my iMac to the Yggy's toslink port. I knew it was not the best setup but it...
  13. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

What if I did it like this ? iMac > 2 meter usb cable > Schiit Wyrd > 1.5 meter usb cable > Audiophilleo (direct connection to the BNC jack) What do you guys think about this ? I am wondering would the chain I described above be similar in principal to the LanRover application ...
  14. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

OK I will post my thoughts on this thread. Thanks:thumbsup: Bob
  15. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

To all posters on this thread Thank You All I have learned much. I have decided to buy the audiophilleo based on the factors listed in my posts above. I should get it in the next couple of days and then I have a 30 day trial period to evaluate it. If it does not meet my expectations I will send...
  16. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

I stand corrected and you could be 100 % right Thanks:thumbsup: Bob
  17. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

I Disagree I think Audiophilleo is a cleaner concept. It is my belief in general the less components, cables, wires, and connections you have in the audio chain the better. The Lanrover by my count has 2 components 6 connections and 3 cables. I don't know how it performs, it may be amazing but...
  18. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

I understand your point. What you state makes sense. The Yggdrasil according to numerous accounts I have read does have excellent digital signal processing capability. The Audiophilleo reviews I have read have been very positive. It seems there are many conflicting ideas and solutions on the...
  19. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

According to the Audiophilleo web site they recommend using a longer usb cable and a short coaxial cable. As far as your 2nd comment I disagree because the audiophilleo device re clocks, processes , lowers jitter, and reduces emi interference. The Audiophilleo device connects directly to the...
  20. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

I have looked at the Raspberry web site before and to tell you the truth I did not understand it. If I decided to go ethernet I would do the Micro Rendu setup. Thanks :thumbsup: Bob
  21. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

I agree. However the my room is set up I can not at this time do it like that. Another reason I am considering the Audiophilleo because I figure it will clean up the digital stream after the long cable trip. I can state that even with the long cable run I am happy and satisfied with the sound...
  22. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

Yes I have heard about the Red Net 3 and did some research on it. The Red Net 3 may be in my audio future but for now I think I will try the usb to spdif converter route. Thanks :thumbsup: Bob
  23. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

Yes I totally Agree ! AOIP is that ethernet ? Thanks:thumbsup: Bob
  24. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

Yes I will do just that. Thanks:thumbsup: Bob
  25. bokat57

Yggdrasil & Audiophileo

I am not having issues. As I stated in my original post I am happy and satisfied with the usb performance. I am just trying to see if I can take it to the next level. I understand your comment and I agree to some extent. I have read on the internet a lot of points of view ( including the...
Back
Top Bottom