Search results

1. bill114

Need help with Denon TU-767 transformer voltages

I have a TU-767 with a bad transformer. I've been unable to find a replacement so I thought I'd attempt to find an alternative. It appears that the center tapped section of the secondary is 38v AC (19.4v at center tap) but the only voltage I can see for the other section is -2v DC from the...
  2. bill114

Tuner recomendations

I figured I'd put a shout out to find a tuner that would suit my situation. I live about 3 miles from the Gulf of Mexico on a ridge that's about 50 ft above sea level. The transmitters of the two FM stations I listen to (88.5 and 89.7) are around 40 miles away to the east. I used to have an...
  3. bill114

Anyone ever dis-assembled a multi plinth Music Hall TT? Update. Yes! I have!

I have a MMF 9.1 that I purchased new in 2007. Over time, the sorbothane isolators between the layers have collapsed. I'd like to replace them but I'm hesitant to try disassembling without knowing how it's all put together. Tried a google search and came up empty. Any info would be much appreciated.
  4. bill114

Anyone using one of the new Audio Technica VM740ML cartridges or any of the new ATs?

I'm thinking of trying one and I'm curious about user's thoughts of the new generation ATs.
  5. bill114

identifying trim pots

I have a NAD 2600A. Just got done replacing the protection relays and setting bias and offset (SVR202 and SVR302). These trimmers are so touchy, I'd like to replace them with sealed multi turn units as many on this forum have. However, the values of the trimmers have a "B" after them which I've...
  6. bill114

good source for NOS tubes

Being new to tube hifi (phono preamp) I need recommendations from you tube guys where to buy. I want to try a set of NOS tubes and use the current ones (JJ) I'm using for backups. I'll need ECC82, 83 and 5751
  7. bill114

NAD 2400 turn on delay

the amp works well but when powering up, the delay before the relay kicks on is only about 1 second as opposed to other my other amp (a NAD 2600A) which takes about 3 seconds. My question is, what determines this timing? Is it supplied by IC 803? Here's a screen shot of the protection circuit.
  8. bill114

How do you change the title of a post you've made?

I want to add to the title but the edit button doesn't offer that
  9. bill114

popping noise on turn off

The unit in question is a Lafayette 4 channel decoder. When turning off my system, there is a popping noise from the rear speakers unless I turn the volume down on the decoder first (I'm only using the rear outputs). I'd like to eliminate the problem. I've searched bypass capacitor and coupling...
  10. bill114

SVS subwoofer-anybody have one?

I need to replace my sub and came across the SVS brand. They seem to be quality subs with a good warranty and responsive customer service. Anybody have any experience with them?
  11. bill114

PS Audio Power port

Opinions please on the Classic PS Audio Power Port AC receptacle. Parts Connexion has them on sale and I was wondering if this is a worthwhile tweak.
  12. bill114

Pretender's "My City Was Gone" FYI

Chrissy Hynde did sue Limbaugh for unauthorized use of the song but continued to allow him to use it after he agreed to donate $100k to PETA
  13. bill114

Anyone have recordings of concerts they attended?

I have 2. I was at the recording of the Michael Stanley Band LP Stagepass at the Cleveland Agora in 1976 and a bootleg recording of Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush at the Richfield Coliseum in 1978. Both venues are no longer in existence.
  14. bill114

I need a repair tech in the St. Pete, FL area

Any AKers know anyone?
  15. bill114

ESS AMT 3 transition driver upgrade

I finished the install of the Eminence 1040SFs in my AMT 3s last weekend and they already sound much better. Lots more bass and a warmer and smoother sound - not so thin. I expect them to improve as the woofers break in. My questions to all you AMT 3 freaks out there (automojo?)are...
  16. bill114

Attention bass players, need opinions.

Has anyone ever used a rig like Jerry Garcia's for bass? If you don't know, Jerry used a Fender Twin with a preamp out and ran that into a McIntosh power amp. I'm thinking of having my 1973 Fender Bassman 100 modified with a preamp out so I can use an external power amp for gigs where I need...
  17. bill114

Tube buffers - Advice wanted please

I'm curious about using a tube buffer between my Cambridge Audio 640C and my preamp to give more of an analog character to CDs. To put the situation in perspective, my favorite source is still LPs. I shyed away from the Musical Fidelity X-10 because of the unavailability of the tube it uses...
  18. bill114

Help with ESS AMT 3 crossover recap please

Imagine my surprise when I looked inside my AMT 3s and discovered that the crossovers look completely different from each other. One, which has an "A" prefix on the serial number is wired point to point. Thy other one, which has a "G" prefix is on a circuit board just like the diagram I found...
Back
Top Bottom