Search results

1. trek2112

Marantz 6300 Price

Thanks for the input. I am not sure on the cartridge. I know that it was in storage and has some light paint specking on the cover. Other than that the strobe works and the wood is in good shape. It was working prior to storage and was lightly used. I would hazard a guess the cartridge is in...
  2. trek2112

Marantz 6300 Price

Hi Everyone, I am looking for the current value of a Marantz 6300? Thanks in advance
  3. trek2112

Summer 2017 New England FrankenFest - June 24th in Clinton MA

Hi everyone, I plan on getting a few pizzas from Papa Gino's. Does anyone have any preferances?
  4. trek2112

Need Advice: DVD for Listening; Yes or NO?

The older Oppo gear from a few generations back is very affordable and gives you a lot for your money.
  5. trek2112

For amps I currently plan on taking both my Eagle 2, SAE x10a and SAE2200. If there is enough space I might take the second X10a for some bi-amping fun.
  6. trek2112

I'm really looking forward to this. My Dad and I still haven't quite decided what gear we will take yet.
  7. trek2112

Vintage gear that makes you say "Wow"...

For me it is the Electron Kinetics Eagle 2.
  8. trek2112

Winter New England Frankenfest - confirmed for Clinton, MA!

Walpole worked out for me. I also have no issue throwing in a $5 or 10 for a different space.
  9. trek2112

Millennial Dorm set up (it's a start)

Nice, reminds me of when I had my ESS my dorm a few years ago.
  10. trek2112

How many watts is your Amplifier @8ohms

My main amp is a Eagle 2 which is good for 110 watts. The SAE x10a and 2200 I own are each 100 watts.
  11. trek2112

Fall in New England - Time for another Epic FrankenFest!

Is any bringing bi-ampable speakers? Also I'm debating on bringing either the eagle or the x10s. PM me if your possibly interested in hooking gear into either.
  12. trek2112

Fall in New England - Time for another Epic FrankenFest!

I'm going to check this out. I was also thinking of possibly bringing some gear. How many demo rooms are generally setup?
  13. trek2112

SAE X10a vs Eagle 2

Thanks, I had the cord replaced recently since the original one was getting a bit ratty. Its polarized now. When I did this test it was the first time I had the hum issue. I think it has to do with a ground loop somewhere that I didn't find at the time.It was used in this configuration many...
  14. trek2112

SAE X10a vs Eagle 2

Hi everyone, I wanted to do a comparison of my recently restored X10a against my Eagle 2. Ever since I got the Eagle last year its been my reference amp. I acquired two X10a amps last year dead off ebay and decided to compare them one on one. The second one is almost all original and will be...
  15. trek2112

What's your latest audio purchase?

2 SAE X10a hypersonic class A amps.
  16. trek2112

What ONE thing or change added the most to your system's performance?

The Eagle has been the item to bring the biggest gains so far. Its smooth, dynamic and if the source has the information for a good soundstage and image it will bring it all out. One more bonus is that the sound stage has depth and height. This was the first time I've experenced this anywhere...
  17. trek2112

How much more money on repairs.

Hi everyone, I got a X10a that needs to be fixed. It osolates and because it was worked on prior to my tech correcting some issues on it someone else worked on it. As a result of it changing hands its hard to work on. I'm into this one for 300 bucks. What should my cuttoff point be? Most places...
  18. trek2112

SAE X-10 oscillation

I did some digging and found out that this design is very sensitive to the transisters that are used. Generic verisons don't do well in this amp. Does anyone have the exact spects for all the transisters. Specficily I need the high and low frequency specs and the TF on them. I think the best...
  19. trek2112

SAE X-10 oscillation

Hi everyone, I got a SAE X-10 with an oscillation in it. The back story on it is that I got a pair of them off eBay back in July with the intentions of having them overhauled and added to the collection. The black one had some issues in the power supply that were sorted and it works 100 percent...
  20. trek2112

Favorite Scotch

I have yet to find a solid single malt for under 45. I got one recently for 25 that was just eh.
  21. trek2112

Beat up garage sale speakers, worth saving?

I second snagging the ESS ones. Looks like someone updated the woofer on those. They are definitely the weak links on them along with the x-overs.
  22. trek2112

What made you like/want vintage gear?

I listened to my Dad's ESS speakers and liked them. While I was in college I wanted a stereo I could afford that sounded good. I went too Best Buy and found the only decent thing there was 2000 bucks a pair. I went home and hit up eBay and Home Depot for the parts to clone the ESS gear for 300...
  23. trek2112

Best way to steam audio from PC to analog receiver

The absolute best way to do this is to go from JRiver into a USB asynchronous DAC or use DAC with a soundcard sending the signal out via TOS link or coax. One other option would be to look into the Bluesound products. I plan on using one to get the music into the basement rig that houses the...
  24. trek2112

Favorite Scotch

If you drink scotch whats your favorite single malt? For me its Glenfiddich 12 year. The 15 is in a close 2nd.
  25. trek2112

What are you drinking now?

Glenfiddich 12 year old scotch on the rocks.
Back
Top Bottom