Search results

1. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Thanks for the reply, I'm learning :) What about this Acrylic streamer for $69. How is the Wiim mini better, if so? Acrylic
  2. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

I'm sorry to be so ignorant but what does that mean?
  3. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

How does the Songbird, available direct from Andover Audio at 1/2 price now for $89 certified refurbished, compare to the Wiim in specs and internal DAC quality? I get really confused reading this stuff. I read this in a TechHive review: Andover’s expertise comes to the fore in the selection...
  4. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

what's BS?
  5. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

I don't know, I would suppose they all have a proprietary system, maybe something like the way Roku works for TV browsing. That's why I asked if anyone has one. The Roku I have on my little kitchen TV is a button based remote only.
  6. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Thanks for clarifying. Do you know if a button based remote is still tedious if you do your music streaming through Spotify?
  7. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

That's a good alternative, pick up a used tablet. If I take my laptop out to the barn, I can connect to an xfinity hot spot to stream, if I use my iphone 11Pro in the barn, it switches to cell data when I'm not looking :) If I shut off cellular data usage, it just keeps dropping the signal...
  8. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Are any of you who are paying attention to this thread using a streamer with a screen and its own remote? The ultimate to me would be to not use my phone to run my streamer. Or is everyone on unlimited data plans with their phones?
  9. drummergrl

Pioneer TX9100 - cuts out sometimes

Ah, hello, thanks for the tip however my problem is not a channel dropping out, it's no sound, nothing. It will be functioning fine for hours on end and then all of a sudden, nothing, not even static.
  10. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Ok, The WiiM arrived. I'm going to set it up in the barn to analog stereo components and see what happens. I'm very doubtful that there's much wifi signal out there though. Is the mini the only model WiiM makes right now? Wow, is it small.
  11. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Sounds like quite a chore though. I am to plug an ethernet cable into the back of the router that sits on top of my refrigerator in the pantry. Then I tack it along walls and floors getting first out of the pantry and then ultimately outside of the house. Then I suppose I dig a ditch to bury...
  12. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Which do you use?
  13. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

In the process of learning more, can you tell me why mesh networks are better than those WiFi extenders? Do you, have one to recommend? One can get lost googling these kinds of products. Thanks.
  14. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

These are out of stock on Amazon but available from ebay. From other's reviews, I think programming will be a hurdle for me. I initially thought this was what I needed but now not sure if this is easier or better than the suggestion to run a cable out to the barn with a wifi router out there. Or...
  15. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Tell me more please. I looked up UTP line and found this: Twisted Pair Cable U/UTP, U/FTP, F/UTP, S/UTP, SF/UTP, F/FTP, S/FTP, and SF/FTP CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6, CAT6A, CAT7, and more Fiber Optic Cables Single-mode and multimode OS1, OM1, OM2, OM3, and OM4 Coaxial cables RG6, RG6Q, RG11, RG56...
  16. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

I pulled the trigger and just purchased a Wiim; will arrive in a week. I plan to use it out in my barn. My house wifi is very weak outside of the house. The barn is about 70 feet from the house. Can anyone suggest what I should use to remedy this? I stumbled on this product, have no idea if...
  17. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Thank you.
  18. drummergrl

WiiM WiFi Streamer

While we're waiting for updates and the Pro, would you be so kind as to tell me how this compares to the Wiim and its pros and cons in general- only $59. Thanks...
  19. drummergrl

Electro-Voice S12-2, worth fixing?

I know this thread is a few years old but if the OP is still visiting AK, tell me what amp / power did you use with this?
  20. drummergrl

Preamp advice

Is your rebuilt PL done with White Oak mods?
  21. drummergrl

Technics SU A6 or SU A6MK2 pre-amp

Fair enough price
  22. drummergrl

Altec lansing high fidelity 95

They did get some critical respect even if not "famous." Most "famous" speakers are from the era of the beginning of loud speaker design because they were firsts like the AR1, the KLH FIVE or SIX, Bose 901s, Klipschorns or the JBL L100. But the Altec Lansing 95s are nice quality, good sounding...
  23. drummergrl

What tv show are you currently binging?

MotherFatherSon with Richard Gere (he's so evil in this) on STARZ - can't wait for the 2nd season. Easy, 3 seasons on Netflix - thought this was an absolutely fascinating look at relationships- and funny sometimes too.
  24. drummergrl

What tv show are you currently binging?

DCI Banks is the name of the show?
Back
Top Bottom