Search results

1. PDoyle

Du Mont TV. (On M.A.S.H.)

And I believe WRGB channel 6 schenectady NY was the first on air TV station
  2. PDoyle

Tandberg 2040 issues

I don't want to take a picture of my multimeter or work bench and post it here. I just want to know if you guys can point me in the right direction.
  3. PDoyle

Tandberg 2040 issues

You guys are my plan B. The tech was plan A and retired a couple years ago. Where do I go to find the issue and can I still get the part?
  4. PDoyle

Tandberg 2040 issues

Had some volume control issues, then no power. I pulled the cover off , checked the two fuses, cleaned out some of the dust and plugged it in. I hear a click every couple of seconds from the capacitor ( I think that is the name of it ) in the pic. Where should I go from here?
  5. PDoyle

So my Onkyo Exploded....

Unfortunately, the new units are not made BETTER but the new ones do have bluetooth and the ability to get to your pandora account so you can listen through your new receiver. Yamaha has a pretty good list. Look for best warranty at the cheapest place you can get it....
  6. PDoyle

Soundbar to bass output questions

Thanks for the reply. Yes the tv box = the one connect box. I connected the HDMI cable to the one connect box, then to the extractor. I have cable and internet through the smart tv.
  7. PDoyle

Hooked up the HDMI cable from the TV connect box HDMI 2 to the extractor. Hooked up the wireless transmitter to the other side of the extractor and got great bass from the sub. The TV is plugged into HDMI 1 and the sound bar is connected to the tv using the optic cable. I can only click on one...
  8. PDoyle

Excellent I just happen to have an extractor hanging around. The Bass has a volume control. I'll play with it and report back. Also in the mix, the TV is a Samsung smart tv with "one connect" which is a power source for the tv with more HDMI outputs.
  9. PDoyle

Yes that is the one. Thanks.
  10. PDoyle

I'm interested in adding more bass to my sound bar by using the wavelink wls wireless system and a sub. I'm using a Philips HTL5120 soundbar, and the powered sub is an old 10" Yamaha YST SW216. The soundbar has audio in digital in and only HDMI cables for out. The one in use is (arc) going to...
  11. PDoyle

Final Addition to Home Theater

That is classy. Time for a stereo flashlight thread.
  12. PDoyle

I need wall mounts

Think I'm going with these... https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Heavy-Duty-Universal-Adjustable-Bookshelf/dp/B01MTKXTN5/ref=sr_1_29?crid=180G57SS2GMYF&dchild=1&keywords=omnimount+speaker+mount&qid=1625138988&sprefix=omnimount+speaker%2Caps%2C196&sr=8-29
  13. PDoyle

I need wall mounts

Nice set up. Who does your cleaning?
  14. PDoyle

I need wall mounts

Thanks. I looked on Amazon. The product site is not really user friendly.
  15. PDoyle

I need wall mounts

Understood. Still looking for a nicer way to mount them on the wall.
  16. PDoyle

I need wall mounts

The speakers are Advent Baby II's. I guess I'm looking for something that would look better than just a fixed L shaped piece.
  17. PDoyle

I need wall mounts

There must be a million wall mount kits for a pair of speakers. I'm looking to put a set of heavy bookshelf speakers on the wall next to a couch. Can someone recommend a good looking wall mount set? Thanks.
  18. PDoyle

First AVR: best one for me?

Sense it's cyber Monday I would try to find the least expensive newest AVR I could. Not sure about the 2 channel pre out (to use my PA in standard 2 channel) but...
  19. PDoyle

Just purchased a Yamaha

Ha thanks, you may be right about that. But I do like advise and don't care to try to reinvent the wheel. The new Yamaha is a real step up. I found a set of bang & olufsen beovox RL2000's I want to hang in the wall and I'll fit some Dolby Atmos over the top for the sound experience when I find...
  20. PDoyle

Any other vintage B&O fans out there??

Where do you get your supplies? I am a proud new owner of a set of B&O RL2000's and I'm looking for replacement cloth for the baffle grills.
  21. PDoyle

Speaker crackling with new receiver

So when the receiver is turned off and still plugged in, you can hear this crackle sound through the speakers when you touch the receiver? Is this a house or an apartment? Wondering if there may be a ground issue?
  22. PDoyle

Snap, crackle, pop from optical audio

If you only use the TV as a monitor, then there's no need for ARC or to connect an optical audio cable. ARC is only needed if you want to get audio from a source within the tv to the receiver. Any other sources should be connected directly to the receiver.
  23. PDoyle

Thanks for the feedback. I do like the versatility of them. I have a powered sub for lows. What are the speakers made of? Is there anything I should look for? Are the cabinets wood? Let's see if I can pick them up.
  24. PDoyle

Sooo, not really a speaker set to add to a modern receiver for surround sound?
  25. PDoyle

I'm looking tat a set of Bang & Olufsen RL2000 (Red Line) Type 6521 speakers. Anyone have the specs? Are these babies worthy? They can be hung on a wall. Would they work with a center channel in the middle?
Back
Top Bottom