Search results

1. NapalmK

Audio Technica ATH-W1000x coming to the U.S.

I've got one! They sound great to my ears better than the W1000 for sure.
  2. NapalmK

...and there it was

I'm definitely not going to forget these. The thrill you get when you see a great deal is invigorating. I went back to SA today kind of hoping they were apart of a family but no such luck. Now to chase the high.... :D Thanks! There really wasn't much clean up at all. I just had to dust them...
  3. NapalmK

...and there it was

Congrats to you too! That's quite a haul. I think an amp is my next priority as well although it'll probably be a while before I can find something.
  4. NapalmK

...and there it was

Yep they're my first pair of JBLs and only my 2nd pair of speakers. I'm really new to all of this but I'm loving every minute of it! They are in great condition as far as I can tell with only a couple of surface scratches.
  5. NapalmK

...and there it was

Well I had an eye appointment today and decided to go by SA on the way back home. I figured an extra five minutes couldn't hurt so despite not having found anything remotely encouraging in all my outings I went in. I went to the speaker section and low and behold I came across a pair of...
  6. NapalmK

Questions about ADS L620 speakers

Thanks that does help. I'll have to weigh my options a bit before I make a final decision. Thanks for all the help (and patience) everyone!
  7. NapalmK

Boston Acoustics A150 -- $65 L.A. CL

Sorry for the bump but I'm in a similar position. I've been offered a pair of these for $120. They are in working order and in great condition. I'm going to meet the guy sometime next week to check them out. Should I pounce on these?
  8. NapalmK

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely get them off the floor and properly angled. I currently have them on a pair of chairs about 20" off the ground until I'm able to find a better alternative. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the Adcom. Sonic quality first as I'd really like to hear these...
  9. NapalmK

My current headphones station. Let's see yours!

Here's my current setup which is a bit displaced at the moment. I may update once I get back to my dorm and post my regular setup. http://assets.head-fi.org/0/00/00ae1eab_DSC01134.JPG
  10. NapalmK

This site needs another tread like this, like I need more stereo gear but.........

I have the AD2000s, M50s, and W1000Xs. I also had the W1000s. I really like them a lot and the wing system makes for one comfortable pair of cans. I have always wanted to see what the AD700s were like though. I can't wait to see what AT does for their anniversary.
  11. NapalmK

Let's see your cans!

Here's my current setup which is a bit squished as my normal area is undergoing some renovation. There are a couple of other headphones that are not shown (mainly an AT W1000X and some vintage cans). Sorry for the outside link but the original picture was quite large...
  12. NapalmK

Sorry for the necro. So I've been enjoying these with a T-amp for a while now. I really like them (though they do seem somewhat bright) so I'd like to go ahead and get some good amplification for them for around $200 or so (used is fine). Is there anything out there that brings out the best in...
  13. NapalmK

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. I had surgery around 5 days ago and hadn't been able to test the speakers until today. I hooked these up to my cousins system and they really sound great. I can't wait to get these up and running. Any recommendations for amping or...
  14. NapalmK

Few Shots - Millet MOSFET-MAX

Looks nice so far. I would have bought a kit a while back but my first attempt at soldering wasn't very confidence inspiring. I didn't want to ruin anything more expensive than a cmoy while I prefect my technique so I ended up passing on it. What are you planning on pairing it with?
  15. NapalmK

Senn 600

I don't personally own a pair of HD600 but I've heard good things about the Cardas cable. Silver/black dragon is a more exotic cable to consider if you want to pay more. Of course you could always buy a HD650 cable. It really depends on how much you want to spend. I've never had to recable yet...
  16. NapalmK

Headphones with Good Bass

Headphones I've heard/own ranked by amount of bass: I'll also mention I like a bit more bass than what is considered neutral. Sennheiser CX300 (an IEM but to give a sense of perspective, pretty much unlistenable) Beyerdynamic DT770/80 (can be overwhelming for some songs but generally okay, amp...
  17. NapalmK

How Old Are You?

I just turned 20 a month or so ago. I really haven't been into audio until the last 6 months when I got my first pair decent of cans and I've been hooked since. I recently got my first pair of speakers so I'm hoping for a similar revelation.
  18. NapalmK

Thanks for the replies! @adam-ads: I went ahead and looked at the fuses and they seem to check out. I'm pretty sure they work as my cousin was using them until fairly recently (within a year I believe) until she upgraded her sound system but I'll test them out soon anyway. Maybe later today if...
  19. NapalmK

I was helping my cousin move today and she gave me these speakers. They look to be in great condition except for a few scratches on the wood. I don't know much about them or speakers in general for that matter. Are they any good? Any recommended setups? I'd really like to get these up and...
Back
Top Bottom