Search results

1. maxsaxophone

Odd Size Records (Anyone have an 8"?)

On top of the standard sizes I've got a 16", 9", 8", and 6". I lack 13", 11", 5", 3", etc. If you're looking for an 8", Third Man did a set for SXSW a few years ago that aren't too hard to find.
  2. maxsaxophone

Record Bin From single 4 x 8 Sheet of Plywood - Plans

I finally had another one built back in May, but forgot about this thread. So I guess late is better than never. And I've still got to build one for 1100+ 45s.
  3. maxsaxophone

Yeah, personally I find that stuff less than adequate aesthetically. Great for keeping the doormat in place, but there's a reason its under the rug.
  4. maxsaxophone

How big is your record collection?

1030 45s 681 LPs 12 10s This is the number my spreadsheet gave me. I probably have about 100 duplicates mixed in that can't be counted.
  5. maxsaxophone

I knocked around the idea of a vertical support when I was piecing the first one together. We came to the conclusion that 3/4 is stiff enough to handle the weight without it. It also felt like it would be very cramped flipping through the bottom bins. I was in Barnes and Noble one day looking...
  6. maxsaxophone

Wow, everyone is really raising the bar on this project. Great job!
  7. maxsaxophone

Finally got it filled up!
  8. maxsaxophone

Firstly, Thank you very much for the initial effort you put into this. I remeasured my dimensions just to verify where i got the extra inches. Turns out that I misspoke slightly. The back was shortened 1/2" to be twice the size of the shelves so the fronts would line up. The fronts ended up...
  9. maxsaxophone

Thanks a bunch, I've only had a chance to draw up plans on graph paper, but I'll try to get them into the magic typewriter somehow. I plan on keeping the outside dimensions the same, but the 45s bin will have four shelves instead of two. The top one will be very similar to the lp version, the...
  10. maxsaxophone

Thanks for the plans! I found this thread yesterday and decided to give it a go. I followed the given specs for the most part, excluding the height of the sides, fronts, and dividers which were raised an inch each to reduce the number of cuts required and keep waste to a minimum. I think it...
Back
Top Bottom