Search results

1. soviet123

What JBLs are these?

Cool, thank you!
  2. soviet123

What JBLs are these?

Came across these today, they look like JBL J216a but bigger? Thanks!
  3. soviet123

Akai SR-CA5 speakers?

Thanks folks, decided to skip these after all..
  4. soviet123

Akai SR-CA5 speakers?

I came across these Akai three-way speakers, model SR-CA5. I'm stumped because I can't seem to find any information for this model online. It has metal grills over the tweeter and midrange drivers, and a "treble control". Anybody know whether they're any good? Thanks!
  5. IEfu_joXBxzGjM_h8PZv

IEfu_joXBxzGjM_h8PZv

6. soviet123

An ad to make AK'ers cringe.

It never fails to impress me how you guys can just come up with the correct model numbers by looking at drawings.
  7. soviet123

It's amazing what people throw out.

That sure is nice. I once picked up and entire matching kit of The Fisher "Studio-Standard" equipment. TT, tuner, tape deck, amp and speakers. The whole thing felt lousy cheap though. Congrats on the find!
  8. soviet123

Output Issues With my Receiver

My "thermal issue" statement comes from the drop in volume after 10 minutes of use. The rise in volume, though, I don't know what causes that. Which is why I suggested the balance knob.
  9. soviet123

Can anyone with a Hitachi SR-304/604/804 receiver help me?

I don't have such a device, but what is down there? An empty hole or a small cross-shaped shaft? If it's a cross, it usually means the switch can be pulled out (although with a bit of force, usually). If there's nothing, there are generally two possibilities. One, the switch isn't directly...
  10. soviet123

Output Issues With my Receiver

Most likely a thermal issue. I doubt that your speakers are at fault here. Does adjusting the balance change things when this happens? Also that sure is one nice looking unit.
  11. soviet123

Please help the AK Database!

As a LAB-500 user, I say, thanks a bunch! :thmbsp:
  12. soviet123

I admit it looks are everything...

Luxman L-3 I love how this entire front panel only has one tiny red lamp glowing when it's powered on. One thing that really bugs me about Marantz is that font. They can write "marantz" in that font, fine, but when they use that same font on the bass/treble and balance controls it just...
  13. soviet123

What is "Residual Noise"?

So how do I test this myself? Do I short out the currently-used inputs and measure the speaker output, or I can simply defeat the input selector so no inputs are selected?
  14. soviet123

Oh hi! So nice to see a vintage audio lover around here.
  15. soviet123

HELP Heathkit AA1800 Pwr Amp

Then it's a 250 V rated fuse. This doesn't sound good, you might want to bring it to a tech.
  16. soviet123

I've been reading the Luxman L-3 service manual and came across this line: Residual noise: No more than 1 mV Is this what we call DC-offset? Thanks all.
  17. soviet123

That I have no idea. Might be one of your caps finally decided to call quits. What is the rated V/A of those fuses?
  18. soviet123

Have you measured the voltage/current across the fuse sockets? Careful not to burn/shock yourself. There may be a leak somewhere.
  19. soviet123

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Tested today on a recently acquired Luxman L-3: Left channel -8.3 mV Right channel -8.2 mV Since negatives are of no issue, I think these results are pretty good for an 1978 amp (well, it has been serviced before I got it...) Next up: Idle current. This I'll need to open the casing and start...
  20. soviet123

How much is a vintage Rega Planet worth? Pic incl.

Very cool. Thank you all!
  21. soviet123

How much is a vintage Rega Planet worth? Pic incl.

It's the so-called "grill top" Rega. Near-perfect condition. Thank you all!
  22. soviet123

Sony TC-WR870 (TC-WR97ES): Capstans and belts replacement

Sweet! Glad to know.
  23. soviet123

Anyone ever did this with a cassette adapter?

Have you tried it?
  24. soviet123

Me neither. I only read about this on some other forum where some people say that today's digital sources sound too "cold, harsh, overly detailed and borderline fake-sounding". Apparently the "solution" is to run a cassette adapter form such a DAP into a good vintage cassette deck and listen...
  25. soviet123

What if we DIY a cassette adapter, using a good head from a good unit?
Back
Top Bottom