Search results

1. mmm1776

Put some air back in these tires...

A bit of an older discussion, but I just picked up a free Berkley Console off craigslist. SS Amp, Turntable already removed( bit of a bummer, but it was free and; the woofers in mine have Cloth surrounds. I haven't tried them out yet to see if I need to treat the surrounds, but my year...
  2. mmm1776

Craigslist: Portland, OR

Good Afternoon: It looks like no one has posted to the thread for a while, but here goes: I live here in Portland, but recently posted down in Sacramento about an opportunity for a free tube Reel to Reel. The offer (see below) stands for anyone around here heading down into Central California...
  3. mmm1776

Hello from Sacramento

Good Evening: I'm not sure if this is the proper forum, but I wanted to send a message to those AK'ers in the Sacramento area. I purchased a Roberts 990 /Akai M-6 tube Reel to Reel off the Shopgoodwill website about a week and a half ago (07/10/16), but am unable to pick it up (It's...
  4. mmm1776

Falcon Acoustics LS3/5A build

P.S.S. My apologies as I wasn't trying to hi-jack this thread, but thinking I was posting a reply just to Mech986. Again my apologies.
  5. mmm1776

Falcon Acoustics LS3/5A build

Good Day Mech986: I just contacted the Yahoo group about some speakers I found here in Portland Oregon at a Goodwill. I believe they may likely be "Too Good to be True," but stranger things have happened. I may have stumbled upon 2 Swisstone Gold-Badged LS3/5a's sequentially numbered...
  6. mmm1776

Marantz/Superscope R340 Receiver-$25.00...CL/PHX., AZ

Superscope Hey Guys: I'm pleased with my R-350. First vintage reciever for me($12 at GW). Is the R-310 a quad as well?
  7. mmm1776

Realistic STA-2100D Score!

STA-2100D Adjustments I just picked up a 2100D at GW for $30. Hard to find too good a deal at GW anymore, but I feel happy with mine. This forum has talked about the 2100 vs 2100D on a number of levels. I've been able to download a Service Manual for the 2100 from HiFiEngine (thanks guys)...
  8. mmm1776

Free? Gear Yeh! Thought that was a bit late for an old lady. If legit, great score(s) for someone.
  9. mmm1776

Too good to be true??? This link for "FREE" on Craigslist today (i.e. 2:17am) from an "old woman" sale-k5q52-2457345598@craigslist.org "helping an older neighbor clean out his basement and garage before he moves to a nursing home. there is a bunch of old electronics, stereo and records...
  10. mmm1776

Phase Linear-Phishing??? I saw that Phase Linear 400 as well and was drooling at the thought. You can see that it's still listed today. I wonder if it was just a fishing attempt to get email addresses. This happened to me after responding to a "Free" ad on Craigslist. I hope someone who...
  11. mmm1776

Fisher RS-100 RS-200 RS-1000 RS-2000 Series Library Reference Thread

RS 2004-A Find Good Day Cbottorff: Thank you for all you work in this area. I just picked up a very clean RS 2004-A today at Goodwill for $10. I know from reading up on it that the 1000 series is better, but it's my first vintage Fisher after all. Do you have a service manual to the...
  12. mmm1776

Thanks for that Susurus! I'll lay off the series idea and just stick to using my more powerful receivers. That way, I'll be less likely to hurt things by drawing out too much current into those four ohm 20's.
  13. mmm1776

Mad Town I've only been in Mad town a handful of times, but my uncle did his graduate work at the U of W there. I will seek more technical assistance on another thread, but I wasn't really looking to run 2 sets of speakers. Instead, I was trying to think of a way to bump up the impedance so...
  14. mmm1776

re: Goodwill KLH 20 find Hey Bucky: an off topic question, but I'm guessing you're in some way related to the U of W at Madison. Anyway, I picked up 2 KLH 20's in great shape at the Eastside Goodwill Outlet last week for $5.:yes: In studying up on them, I note they are the 4 ohm...
  15. mmm1776

Wow: anyone snatch up what looked like a Dynaco SCA(Stereo Control Amplifier) 80 today on Craigslist for FREE. I was busy working away from the office and didn't notice it (posted about 10:30am) until an hour later. By then it was Bye, Bye. Work can be such a bummer some times. I hope it...
  16. mmm1776

BIC Venturi Formula 6 Spec II

Bic Formula 6's: 6 way Interesting to see this post here today. I just picked up a pair of trashed:thumbsdn: Formula 6's off Craigslist for free:thmbsp:. The cabinets are shot, but from the pair, I think I can put together at least 1 good speaker without too much effort and see if it's a...
  17. mmm1776

Hi All: not a craigslist find, but a Salvation Army special. For you Realistic fans out there, a nice (8.5 of 10) set of Realistic Solo 3-B's (2-ways both with papercones) for $25 in Hillsboro. Today was a half-price day, so it would have been $12.50. Not really what I need right now, but a...
  18. mmm1776

(Advent Speakers) What Is All The Fuss?

Stacked New Large Advent Mods Thanks! I think that's the better way to go given my limited experience with x-overs and audio dynamics and given the great step-by-step that zilch et. al put into the econowaving thread. I'm sure this will keep me busy for a while, as long as I don't get...
  19. mmm1776

Stacked New Large Advent Mods I had looked at the econowave idea (described so nicely in that thread). That keeps them as 2-ways, but does the horn set-up really extend down into the mid range enough? That is, does it fill in what some have described as a bit of a mid-range hole in the...
  20. mmm1776

Stacked New Large Advent Mods Hi All: I've been waiting in the wings awhile and have a question now about modifying NLA's to use in the stacked configuration. I picked up 4 NLA's (newer versions with the foam vs. the earlier insulation) at SA for $6 each. All woofers refoamed, but only 2 of...
Back
Top Bottom