Search results

1. warhorse

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Currently: NS1000 NS 500 NS 690 version1 NS675
  2. warhorse

Identify Speaker Stands Please

they are interesting for sure !!! width and height adjustable cannot find anything on them...seem like an anomaly i thought maybe the end bolt could offer some clues
  3. warhorse

Thanks guys I'm going to have to pull out the tig welder and fabricate a pair then
  4. warhorse

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

bought my Yamaha NS-1000....I'm done then bought JBL L100.....I'm done then bought Pioneer HPM 100...I'm done all by 1985 still have them and go through the rotation
  5. warhorse

any insight would be greatly appreciated thanks
  6. warhorse

Hello All I have this pair of speaker stands supporting my Yamaha NS1000's but I have no clue who makes them Any ideas?
  7. warhorse

Pioneer RT1020L installing new head unit

Hi All Right now it's -15C outside, prime time to tinker with projects I have put to the side going in on restoring my RT1020L....my main concern are the heads. they sound fine however the front has some rust marks on it. I do have a spare set of heads available to me from a donor unit. I did...
  8. warhorse

Pioneer RT1020L installing new head unit

Hi All Right now it's -15C outside, prime time to tinker with projects I have put to the side going in on restoring my RT1020L....my main concern are the heads. they sound fine however the front has some rust marks on it. I do have a spare set of heads available to me from a donor unit. I did...
  9. warhorse

Pioneer RT1020L not erasing or recording playback is good

Hello all just finished cleaning the seized arms, interior exterior etc. I played a tape and it sounded great !!! I went to record and thought it was recording to when I switched over to monitor...it was playing what was recorded previously. Checked to make sure all the switches were in the...
  10. warhorse

do power supply capacitors brands alter sound quality

there is a significant difference between high quality capacitors made in the US and Japan versus the cheap China caps...even when their values are the same. One thing to note, i have tested some China caps and their values were off spec by as much as 30% !!!
  11. warhorse

The Idiot's Guide to Using DeOxit (revisited)

D5 is for pots and general cleaning Gold is contact enhancing (I personally use Stabilant 22) Fader Lube is for slides like that on the SL1200
  12. warhorse

Interconnects matter ..Do the interconnects improve with time .. burnin ??

there's someone whom you would listen to
  13. warhorse

I've been building interconnects and speaker wire for over 30 years...I've seen a lot of "snake oil" claims, to each his own. the one thing that does have some merit is....YOU only your hearing will tell you want sounds good and what doesn't not the 50¢ /foot - $1000/foot cables things that do...
  14. warhorse

I hear a distinct improvement with interconnects. I have settled on custom made Mogami 2534 cables with WBT 0144 connectors soldered with Cardas Quad Eutectic solder.
  15. warhorse

The Idiot's Guide to Using DeOxit (revisited)

90% Isopropyl is the way to go...but care must be taken with board 30+ years old
  16. warhorse

What's Pioneer in your rig?

HPM-100...and its sibling SX-1280
  17. warhorse

Advice sought for vintage JBLs

A lot of what's out there now is cheap and disposable. but that's another story. I have a pair of 4343's and the L100 and can't imagine not having them...the anticipation of turning on my SX1280, hearing the relay click and then wow!!! wouldn't give them up for anything
  18. warhorse

Maintenance/Service assistance request: Pioneer SX-3700

if you're still looking https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/sx-3700.shtml
  19. warhorse

Why not get one custom made...shouldn't too expensive
  20. warhorse

A couple of pairs that are in the stable
  21. warhorse

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Currently in the stable: Yamaha NS 1000 ...2 pairs Yamaha NS 690 MK I Yamaha NS 500 Yamaha NS 675 Yamaha NS 625 ...2 pairs
  22. warhorse

Technics SL-P999 signal issue

Hello all So I have had this unit since new...i have loved it over the years but today I noticed that the left channel is much lower than the right. Is there a dc offset value I should be looking for? Where would I begin to connect and test. there are a series of variable resistors but not...
Back
Top Bottom