Search results

1. americannigh

Adopted a Pioneer SX-535

Seems few and far between finding classic receivers at my local Goodwill these days. They usually end up on the auction site. That said, I lucked out yesterday and paid $24.95 for my first Pioneer to add to my collection, a Pioneer SX-535. Overall condition is probably a 7 on the case. There...
  2. americannigh

Sansui 210 Output Transistor Replacement - Step by Step

* Please read my post #62 which has a summary of how the project ended up and lessons learned since this original post. Some of you may have seen my earlier thread seeking advice for a good replacement transistor to the original Sansui 210 outputs (TR809/811 and 810/812) which are 2SD315 (no...
  3. americannigh

Sansui 210 Ouput Transistor Replacement of 2SD315

Hoping someone will be kind enough to chime in on the best transistor for replacement of the original 2SD315 outputs on the Sansui 210. I get right channel static after the receiver warms up. Happens on any input and amplitude of static does not change with volume. Have ruled out pots &...
  4. americannigh

Sansui 210 Find and Project

Well I couldn't help myself. Having heard good things about these receivers over the years, I was enticed to snatch one up at Goodwill over the weekend for $14.95. This is a bit more than some other members have paid but still not a bad buy. It was a bit dirty but all of the major parts...
  5. americannigh

HK 430 turn on/off thump right channel

Working on my HK 430 trying to troubleshoot this. When powering on/off the receiver the right channel speaker will move in and out very slowly for about 1-2 seconds. Once this passes, everything seems to function as normal. I suspected a cap in the rectifier boards might be to blame so...
  6. americannigh

Sansui TR707a work

I haven't posted in a while about my Sansui TR707a. The forum provided me a lot of help when I first picked it up in 2010 at a garage sale for $5. It's a beautiful specimen and has been my daily listening receiver since I got it. Really all that needed to be done at first was a good cleaning...
  7. americannigh

Marantz ST7001 Repair (hum on right channel)

Hey folks, I came across a Marantz ST7001 at a thrift shop for a song (ten bucks) but what I didn't pay in dollars, I am easily making up for in aggravation and time spent troubleshooting this amp. I don't mind it actually, I always learn a ton when figuring out this stuff. Hoping someone on...
  8. americannigh

TR-707A Bias Current Adjustment

I received the service manual today for my Suansui TR-707A. It's a 30 page manual and a fun read. I learned what that funky "center" jack is for in the back, basically a monaural line out you can run to a separate amp. Could be fun to play with as a subwoofer out perhaps. I was hoping this...
Back
Top Bottom