Search results

1. dao1964

Pioneer RG-1 along with EQ- question.

Thank You for the information! I know this post is older, but it sure came in handy today.
  2. dao1964

Thinking about a getting a Telefunken Opus Studio 5650 MX

Thank you! Supposedly it is in working order. 100% all original. Going back tomorrow to take another look.
  3. dao1964

Thinking about a getting a Telefunken Opus Studio 5650 MX

Any opinions? They are asking $200. I would like to pay less. Planning on doing a full restoration myself. Thank you for any advise ahead of time.
  4. dao1964

Discwasher disappointment

Coolest thing ever!!!
  5. dao1964

Your listening chair / couch / surface / seat / recliner / bean bag / whatevuh!

"The Chair" will be finished in a few months from now. I'm hoping the new leather will look good. The chair is old so I touched up the legs before the new upholstering.
  6. dao1964

I also use the Diskwasher as stated above. I have the version that came in the small cardboard box. I happen to like it very much. I use the small brush to comb the fibers in the direction of the arrow. The arrow then goes against the direction of the turntable. Peace of cake. It's also a piece...
  7. dao1964

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE VINTAGE SPEAKER?

Just took the picture today.
  8. dao1964

Veteran's Day today...what's on your calendar?

USMC, free lunch at Texas Roadhouse.
  9. dao1964

I'm a firm believer in the kitchen sink method. I've been doing it for several years now.
  10. dao1964

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Just got the pair today, love them!!!
  11. dao1964

Would anyone have a picture of Scott S-12 speakers?

I thought I would take more pics while I have it apart. I have not replaced any of the crossover parts yet. Maybe some day. I guess you would start with the caps. I think it would be a pain to install them in the cabinet. Maybe try to remove the board and do it on a workbench?
  12. dao1964

The markings say H.H. Scott, WP-W15-8, 575708. So I am assuming this is an 8 ohm speaker.
  13. dao1964

M:scratch2:y 15" just went to speaker heaven! It died. So what do I use for a replacement? Any ideas? This is my second speaker to fail in 30 days. What's up with that?
  14. dao1964

Advent The New Loudspeaker fried egg?

Yes, I switched the two and confirmed the tweeter bad. The other one works, but there is a hole in the dust cap (cover) about the size of a pencil erasure. And yes, I have donated cash in the past :) I need to send some more in. I'm in no big hurry since I have six pairs of speakers on hand...
  15. dao1964

That's OK, I think I'm going to get the new replacements from Simply Speakers. I believe they...

That's OK, I think I'm going to get the new replacements from Simply Speakers. I believe they will last the longest. Thank you for your offer though. David
  16. dao1964

The 1 ohm and the 1.5 ohm are good. New cap and the coil is the original.
  17. dao1964

I just had a fried egg tweeter fail. I am thinking about buying the new replacement from simply speakers. Has anyone done this lately? Will I be happy with the new sound? There is a fried egg tweeter on ebay right now and I am asking myself how long will that last. Any other ideas? I have...
  18. dao1964

How to test cartridge coils?

If you have two or something nearly the same, you could compare the two. Write down the pins, and just go pin to pin. Good luck. I do not know anymore details than that.
  19. dao1964

Advice on Chartwell PM 400 speakers connectors

Radio shack has banana plugs. Some use a screw to hold the wires and some can be soldered. I'm not sure on the size, but my speakers use a standard size. I hope this helps.
  20. dao1964

Pics of your listening space

My room This is just the start, I'll ad a TV at some point. I hope this works out as far as good sound quality.
  21. dao1964

Hi, my name is Jim and I don't want to be called an audiophile.

I drink a 5th a day and have 15 DWI's. Thank God I'm not an alcoholic. Just Kidding! Dude you're in denial.
  22. dao1964

Hello from Atlanta area

Welcome! And for some reason I had problems logging in also. I love this place!
  23. dao1964

JBL 4301b I scored a nearly mint pair. PIC. Tell me about them.

I would try a damp rag with water, if it looks like Elmers glue. If it looks like epoxy, I would try alcohol with a #0000 steel wool pad. Be gentle. This has worked for me. I have never sanded a speaker! Let the alcohol dry over night before making any other choice. Have an old T-shirt ready...
  24. dao1964

Vintage VS New/ Is There A Herd Mentality on Audiokarma?

I like the old walnut speakers. Most of the new stuff is plastic, it does nothing for me. And Yes! The amount of information here is the best! I like to read the solutions to everyday audio problems. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
  25. dao1964

Hello from Tulsa!

Welcome
Back
Top Bottom