Search results

1. 355f1

Ortofon AS-212 and Ortofon cartridge compliance

But the VMS20E is a MM cartridge, I want a low output MC.
  2. 355f1

Ortofon.dk said to go with the Classic N or NE, SPU without headshells, they can be fitted to the 212 headshell with an adapter. They are heavy, 13 grams each. The problem is that Ortofon has not stock SPUs or Naked SPUs due to the closing of Jelco. Someone mentioned the Denon 103, tracks at...
  3. 355f1

In the past I had the three cartridges, I liked them all but memory fades. Joseph Long just sent me an email saying that the AS-212 was designed for the SL-15 which was a relatively high compliance cartridge but that his MC20 would be an excellent match. I had an Auditorium A23 SUT for my Denon...
  4. 355f1

Hello, I have an Ortofon AS-212 that has never been installed and need to buy a low output MC cartridge. Rather than buying a new one, I have been thinking about several used cartridges such as the Ortofon MC20 Super Fritz Gyger FG 2 Low Output Moving Coil Cartridge RUBY 40dB, a Benz Micro...
  5. 355f1

Ortofon RMG-212i or AS-212i 9" tonearms

Hello, Is anyone familiar with any of these two tonearms, they are made in Japan. I am interested in learning about headshell/cartridge combinations other than the original SPU. Regards,
  6. 355f1

SME service in Edinburgh

Hi Chaps, I would like to recommend Marcin Musialkowski of Turntable Groove in Edinburgh. He did an outstanding job in rebuilding my two SME 3009 tonearms, his reputation is above reproach. Cheers, Horacio
  7. 355f1

Analog Tube Audio: where is my SME 3009 tonearm?

Hi Chaps, I am having trouble with Robert Graetke, owner of Analog Tube Audio in Schiffdorf, Germany. Last January, I sent him my SME 3009 S2 and a brand new Denon DL-103R, the arm was for rebuild. He asked me to give him a little bit of time for the inspection. A month has passed and I did...
  8. 355f1

Croft Series 4 power amplifier

Hi Chaps, I wonder if this amplifier has a mains transformer tap to wire it for 110VAC. It delivers 40W/Ch and woud be ideal for my Tannoy Devons. Cheers,
  9. 355f1

Garrard 401 difficulty replacing pulley

Hi Chaps, I recently acquired a mint 401 50Hz deck, my third in fifty years. I have a new 60Hz pulley but it has been impossible to loosen up the slotted screws in the old bottom collar, the top collar was easy. I have plenty of screwdrivers but as you can see in the photos they do not fit...
  10. 355f1

McIntosh MA 5100

No, a MC step up transformer.
  11. 355f1

McIntosh MA 5100

Hello, Does anyone know of a compatible MC pre-preamp or tranformer to use with a Mac 5100? Cheers,
  12. 355f1

Crossover for Altec 846A Valencia

Thank you Mike, yours is the best presentation on the subject I have read on different fora. It is exactly what I needed. What brand and model of crossover do you have? I recently bought a pair of 846A in mint condition from the original owner, he bought them in 1967. The reason I wanted to...
  13. 355f1

Bill, Forget about the fifty bucks, I doesn’t matter if it costs three of five grand. My point was to have a crossover designed from the ground up and build it at a specific frequency, in my case 1.3KHz. It is for a pair of 846A Valencia not a model 19.
  14. 355f1

Cabinet and Apollos only were sold on Audiogon in 2017,
  15. 355f1

I do not want to touch the originals, I want to get a new set like the one in the photo. It was built for the Altec C51 Apollo by Bob Crites in Russellville, AK. Bob can build a pair for me but he needs the schematic diagram.
  16. 355f1

Hi, thanks for the info. We lived in McLean for almost 40 years until I retired. Yes, I have read Zilch's notes on both fora. Please take a look at the crossovers photos for the C51 Apollos on this link. https://www.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-2017-08-29-speakers
  17. 355f1

Chaps, I recently purchased a pair of Altec 846A Valencia speakers. They are crossed over at 800-Hz. My intention would be to build an improved dividing network using 12db Butterworth filters at 1.35 kHz to seamless blend the horn and woofer into one. Unfortunately, I do not have the...
  18. 355f1

QUAD ESL 63 with a low wattage amplifier

Well, it seems that Abrahamsen is out of business, Electrocompaniet went bankrupt under his management. Regarding the QUADs, I bought my first pair in 1980, this is my forth pair which have been rebuilt, panels and electronics. I have tried many monkey boxes in between, ProAc, Mission, Rogers...
  19. 355f1

Interesting. Cheers,
  20. 355f1

Chaps, I am using an Electrocompaniet 100DMB with my ESL63s. It is a twenty five years old 125W/Ch amplifier that will need upgrades due to its age. My listening room is small, 5.20m x 3.80m, and very live with marble floors as is custom here in Florida so I do not need that much power. I have...
  21. 355f1

Swiss Physics 6A

Chaps, Does anyone have a copy of the Swiss Physics model 6A schematics? Cheers, Horacio
  22. 355f1

Crossover match for Gradient project

Peerless SLS 830669 available from Madisound. The 831857 recommended in the article is no longer available.
  23. 355f1

Crossover match for Gradient project

After reading members' feedback I have decided that building a pair of subwoofers based on the Gradient W-63 is my best option. MT Audio Design Active Filter A crossover kit designed for these subs is no longer in production. MT Audio Design Active Filter Even though I have the plans I do...
  24. 355f1

Garrard Zero 100 Industrial Devices type 2340A32 strobe lamp

Hello, I am looking for a source to buy an Industrial Devices type 2340A32 strobe lamp, part 75327 for a Garrard Zero 100. I have checked ebay UK but have not found anything. Horacio
  25. 355f1

Subwoofer(s) for QUAD ESL-63

Gradient look alike plans http://user.tninet.se/~hme893k/mt_audio_design/mt_audio_kits/diy_sw.htm
Back
Top Bottom