Search results

1. dittomusik

Restoring a Pioneer PL-630 Turntable

Firstly, thank you, thank you, thank you Rich P for all the info and pictures! I am working on a friend’s PL-630 and have found this thread to be invaluable. It had speed problems including running in reverse and runaway forward speeds. At first I tried the “pushing the 33/45 and Quartz Lock...
  2. IMG_4755

IMG_4755

Pioneer PL-630 Quartz Lock on/off switch
  3. IMG_4743

IMG_4743

Pioneer PL-630 33/45 selector switch
  4. IMG_4751

IMG_4751

5. IMG_4747

IMG_4747

Pioneer PL-630 33/45 selector switch phenolic plate and chewed-up pencil eraser
  6. IMG_4748

IMG_4748

Pioneer PL-630 33/45 selector switch phenolic plate
  7. IMG_4744

IMG_4744

8. IMG_4746

IMG_4746

Pioneer PL-630 33/45 selector switch body
  9. Pioneer PL-630 work

Pioneer PL-630 work

various aspects of work on a Pioneer PL-630
  10. dittomusik

Dittomusik, you da man!!!!!

hey, stereorob, happy to do it! funny thing is, i've been to the post office every day for the last 3 days and have spent a total of 3 minutes combined waiting in line. the gods have smiled upon my postal exploits. also, with those MDs gone, i now have that much more room in a drawer for other...
  11. dittomusik

Dittomusik Rocks!

totally my pleasure since i know the Vangelis will be properly enjoyed. PickyEars81 had great communication and even included a little bonus $$ which i will surely use to acquire more vinyl. keep the music alive!
  12. dittomusik

Infinity RS 4B - Some Questions

hey FreeOrange - how are things turning out with your 4bs? what amp did you end up using... sounding good? i've got my eye on a pair also. would be my first serious Infinity set so i'm eager to see how your adventure has gone. cheers!
  13. dittomusik

original binding posts for vintage KLH, Advent, etc

thanks for the offer Carl and appreciate the suggestions/tips from everyone. we'll see how the Mouser bits will fit. i think one of the black washers has gone missing (i have a feeling it is hiding somewhere in the fiberglass fill) but i found some nylon bushings that will do the trick so...
  14. dittomusik

thanks Sam. i had a look at McMaster Carr - no luck. no nickel plating. i ordered some small-ish nickel plated binding posts from Mouser (2 varieties, i think oriented more towards test equipment hook-ups than speakers). maybe something will be good. meanwhile i'll just get these 33s going...
  15. dittomusik

i'm doing a bit of fixing up on a pair of KLH 33 that need new binding posts. i would like to keep the original type of hardware (instead of installing the newer type of binding posts, many of which seem too long and could protude past the surface of the back). it seems to be nickel...
  16. dittomusik

Nakamichi Dragon CT Turntable

Dragons on Norfolk CL heads up for: Nakamichi Dragon Turntable $500 and Nakamichi Dragon Cassette $300 (i think) on Norfolk (VA) CL. a few other Nak items too. out of my range at the moment, but i see there are some Nak fans here. ad dated Aug. 13
  17. dittomusik

Anyone recognize these thrift speakers?

to misparaphrase the USNA motto - "Ex scientia, musica" the biggest challenge will probably be finding a place to put them!
  18. dittomusik

no worries. i am trained in the arts of de-bitching. i have a cats paw, but it is not so delicate as that awesome Dogyu one (mine is an Estwing, made for more brutal digger-outer-ing). might be an opportunity to make a custom tool. thanks everyone for your suggestions. oh, also, i saw a...
  19. dittomusik

thx for tips Brian, if i get 'em, i'll post updates/photos/analysis. cheers!
  20. dittomusik

and "the secret" is...? hi Brian, aside from the fact that they are nailed on, can you provide some details on the technique you used to remove the other one without messing up grille cloth? i'm might get some XP55Bs from a local thrift and they also seem to be nailed on. cheers, ross
Back
Top Bottom