Search results

1. Belo

Sansui Parts Shop has closed down, the owner has passed away

I received the sad news when I was looking for a replacement knob for a friend's amplifier. His wife posted in the site that he passed away and that the shop may be reopened in the future. That's really sad news. I spoke to him some years ago and he was a very cheerful guy that helped me a lot...
  2. Belo

Please help me identify this connector type

My wife dropped her sound system that she keeps in the kitchen and both the connector terminals and plugs broke. I'm trying to find a replacement but first I need to identify the type of connector. I appreciate your help.
  3. Belo

The "latest" by Sansui

Supposed to be a hybrid amp: https://www.openchinacart.com/supermall/13326141931 Oh God! How I miss the old Sansui.
  4. Belo

Ortofon Om 3e or Shure M44-7

I have the opportunity to buy either one of them, I currently have an old M44-7 but I never listened to any LP played through an Ortofon. What do you guys think? I'll appreciate your opinions.
  5. Belo

Speed issue with a Pioneer PL-100

I acquired a Pioneer Pl-100 last November and let it sit until now. I bought a new belt and replaced the old one. However there is an issue with the speed where if you adjust the pots under the platter for 33 rpm the speed at 45 rpm is offset and vice-versa. The cap on the board looks strange...
  6. Belo

Anyone ever heard or read about a Japanese turntable manufacturer named Techtronic?

I saw this turntable for sale on OLX. (pictures included are low quality) I tried to see if Vinyl Engine had some info on this brand but no luck. Any input is welcome.
  7. Belo

Is it OK to wash your stereo with water?

I was watching a thread in another site where some members state that is is ok to wash your stereo with water and then dry it off carefully. I would not dare to do something like that. Would you?
  8. Belo

Scored a Sansui 790

I wasn't looking for anything special, I wasn't even planning to buy anything but as soon as this guy listed it for sale for 85 dollars I decided to buy it. The only down side to it is that the signal meter and fm stereo lamp aren't working.
  9. Belo

Strange thing happening tu my Sansui T-77

I have noticed that my Sansui T-77 tunes in correctly in stereo but not in the exact call sign of radio stations, for example if a station is 101.3 it will tune the station at 101.4. On some occasions I switch it on and the read out is 000.0 Is this normal? Is this an easy fix or should I take...
  10. Belo

Worth it?

So there's this guy that is selling a pair of pimped SL-1200MK2 and is aking for 1500 dollars for the pair. I didn't like the outcome of his work, however there may be people that actually may like it.
  11. Belo

Can I power my LCD monitor through my amp?

I have a Sansui Classique A-900 amp, it's just the same as an A-9. I've been thinking about this for a while and I've read in some sites that this is not recommended. But no one states the reason why this shouldn't be done. I know a LCD monitor does not consume that much energy, so what would be...
  12. Belo

Please help me to identify this cartridge

I bought a Kenwood KP2022a turntable and it came with this cartridge but no needle. Any help will be very welcome
  13. Belo

Swap Sansui A-80 for Technics SA T550

This guy wants to swap my Sansui A-80 amp for his Technics SA T550 receiver. What do you folks think? Opinions are welcome.
  14. Belo

Hum when I switch to AUX

I bought a Sansui Classique A-900 which is the same as the A-9 about a year ago with all functions working perfectly but last night it started to present a loud hum in AUX. When I turn the volume down the hum goes down as well. I tested all functions: PHONO MM and MC, TUNER, TAPE I and TAPE...
  15. Belo

So this guy parked in a space reserved for disable persons...

I AM AT BLISS WHEN I SEE SITUATIONS LIKE THIS: http://cgn.uol.com.br/noticia/141485/motorista-e-surpreendido-ao-parar-em-vaga-de-deficiente?cmpid=fb-uolnot OH YES, AND HE WAS ALSO FINED.:banana:
  16. Belo

LP Clamps

I was listening to some LPs on my turntable (Pioneer PL-600) and it came across my mind buying a LP clamp. But then I wonder if turntables were built to handle the extra weight of the clamp? Opinions are welcome.
  17. Belo

Looks like Heathkit is planning a comeback

While most old time companies have disappeared, it looks like there is hope for Heathkit. https://www.heathkit.com/heathkit.html
  18. Belo

Scored a Sansui T-77

I got this tuner in a good deal. All features work OK except for the FM/AM switch that I have to press a couples of times to switch from bands. Any thoughts for this tuner?
  19. Belo

My Gradiente CD player has died

I tried to use it today, the CD was inserted everything set and...nothing. Tried it several times and same result. I opened up the unit and began to inspect it and I found out that a plastic gear was shot.:tears: So long for this guy, I'm going to use my DVD player for now and scout the...
  20. Belo

Sansui Japan

This is what Sansui Japan is today: http://www.sansui-doshisha.jp/index.html What a shame!:thumbsdn:
  21. Belo

New arrival

I got this Sansui Classique A-900 65 watts p/channel this week in great overall condition with all features working correctly. I'm going to put this guy hooked up to my computer. I was told that in some markets it was sold as the A9, so I wonder in which markets was it sold as the Classique A-900?
  22. Belo

Power Amp/Pre Amp question

I have at hand a Sansui CA3000 Preamp and a Sansui B1000 Power Amp. The sound quality that will prevail will be from the power amp circuit or from the pre amp?
  23. Belo

Waterfox download hangs

Has any one tried to download waterfox? I have been trying to download from the official site https://waterfox.codeplex.com/downloads/get/875943 But when the download reaches 35.7mb it just hangs and never ends.:no: I have tried with Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari and yet no...
  24. Belo

Ford Brazil announces a recall of the Fiesta

Ford Brazil has just announced the recall of the 2013/2014 Fiesta due to brake failure. I don't know if this recall will apply to other countries since the Fiesta made here is exported to various countries. Funny thing is that they opted to do this on a day when the public attention is...
  25. Belo

Car and home speakers

Is there a difference between car and home speakers? I always had this doubt in my mind.
Back
Top Bottom