Search results

1. ccklone

Best "Sensitive" speakers under $1K

Hey Now, I have had great success with 3 pairs of Omega speakers, full range RS-5 drivers. Around 94 db sensitivity. 2 monitors and a mini tower. I used primarily a Decware Super Zen Triode (2wpc) and McCormack Micro Integrated Drive amplifier with very good results. Sometimes for rocking out...
  2. ccklone

Hello from Indiana

Hey Now, Welcome from a fellow Hoosier. -- Finest kind, Chris
  3. ccklone

Budget 8" Powered Subwoofer Recommendations?

Hey Now, I’ve been pretty pleased with my Outlaw M8 subwoofer. https://outlawaudio.com/shop/speakers-subwoofers/35-m8.html — Finest kind, Chris
  4. ccklone

Your Favorite 8 inch 2-Way Speakers

KEF Reference 103.2
  5. ccklone

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

June 12, 2010 MOD EDIT: Sorry, this was past the closing time. From the rules: The raffle runs from June 25, 2021, with the posting of this thread, until 11:59 PM, EDT, July 16, 2021.
  6. ccklone

Integrated Amps You Will Never Sell

Hey Now, Just rotated a Naim Nait 5si in place of the Sansui AU505 (resto-modded by Patfont). I think this is a keeper, tried it with some Tekton Lore 2.0s and it did not match very well, kinda bright and boomy. Swapped a pair of Revel M20s in and it sounds fantastic. — Finest kind, Chris
  7. ccklone

Unusual small speaker thread.

Hey Now, I like my pair of Role Audio Kayaks. They are small, the only unusual thing about them is that they sound very good for such a small speaker . I have the plain black finish. — Finest kind, Chris
  8. ccklone

$1500 in my pocket.....for an integrated amp

Hey Now, Just picked up a Naim NAIT 5si. Pretty pleased with it. I find myself listening to it quite a bit, the most in fact. I use it to drive a pair of JBL Studio 590s and Revel M20s. A little over budget, but well worth an audition in this price range. Good luck on your search. — Finest...
  9. ccklone

Jerry Garcia Band 1984-05-18 Irvine Meadows audio

Hey Now, Thanks Mike. -- Finest kind, Chris
  10. ccklone

Grateful Dead spins:

Hey Now, That show was what turned me into a Deadhead in October 1975 while attending college at CU in Boulder. A Deadhead neighbor in the dorm had a tape of the show, I think it was an FM simulcast recording. I love that show. Later in 1982 our wedding reception would be 3 nights of the Dead...
  11. ccklone

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Hey Now, GarciaLive Volume 10 ~ Jerry Garcia Band ~ Hilo Civic Auditorium ~ May 20, 1990 -- Finest kind, Chris
  12. ccklone

What are some obscure/rare/hard to find movies that you enjoy?

Hey Now, Here are a couple of films: Black and White in Color Dodesukaden And agree with @dr*audio that "Allegro Non Troppo" is a classic gem. -- Finest kind, Chris
  13. ccklone

NAD Equipment - Strong Opinions Needed!

Hey Now, I have had a NAD 7120 receiver since 1983, bought new. I had been using it without issue until a couple of years ago when I started getting into vintage gear, it got displaced from the main system. It still works like a champ, for the better part of a quarter century I used the 7120...
  14. ccklone

What is the Tube Sound

Hey Now, I came across an explanation regarding tube sound . . . . . . QUOTE There is one aspect, that the above ramblings have not been able to capture; and that is the utterly unique "tube" sound. To my ears, tube sound is totally distinct due to the following three attributes. Firstly...
  15. ccklone

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Hey Now, I don’t think they the are FBB , don’t see Hillman, Parsons, et al. ABB post Duane? — Finest kind, Chris
  16. ccklone

Your Taste in Music/Listening Habits as You Age

Hey Now, I became a Deadhead when I was 19, back in '75. Still listening to them @ 64. It is a great time to be listening to all the great re-mastered Dead shows. I listen to the Dead more than ever now. Still listening to the same genres as back then, but a little bit more jazz now since...
  17. ccklone

Desperadoes and Lawmen - Playlist

Contract by the New Riders of the Purple Sage
  18. ccklone

I am curious about the average & mean age of our members?

Hey Now, Just turned 64. Mentally feel much younger, physically feeling my age, especially when doing a full day of chores on the farm. Lost 90# since retiring last year, so I am lighter on my feet and feeling better. Getting high again since I was in an FAA mandated random drug test program...
  19. ccklone

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Hey Now, Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen - Found In The Ozone -- Finest kind, Chris
  20. ccklone

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Hey Now, 17 CD set (52 hours) of Live Dead: Revel M20s — Finest kind, Chris
  21. ccklone

Any cat lovers here?

Hey Now, Chinacat sittin’ pretty . . . . — Finest kind, Chris
  22. ccklone

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

On KEF LS50W . . . . . .
  23. ccklone

How Many Amplifiers do you have?

Hey Now, Amps: -Maggie Console Pull 8802 [6K6 tubes] Amplifier -Acurus 100x3 Amplifier -Monarchy Audio SM-70 Pro (pair of mono-blocks) Amplifiers -Crown XLS-1500 (x2) Amplifiers -DIY TPA 3110 Amplifiers (x2) -DIY TPA 3116 Amplifiers (x3) -Musical Concept Hafler XL-280 [Elite Plus...
  24. ccklone

Just saw "Green Book"

Hey Now, Could it be Joltin’ Joe, The Yankee Clipper. — Finest kind, Chris p.s. 1st pic might be Tom Jones.
Back
Top Bottom