Search results

1. tyella

3D printing thread - Who's printing what?

Looking good, Rich! Those are some next-level designs. I use TinkerCad for designing, but hope to graduate to something with better features someday. And I agree, Thingiverse is the way to go if you're not trying to monetize your design. As a fellow Thingiverse user, I thank you for sharing!
  2. tyella

Not sure what I should do…

As is the way, as soon as you get rid of it, you'll find the mate.
  3. tyella

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Nice dissecting microscope. I have one just like it and use it much more than my high(er) powered one. I don't use mine for stereo stuff, though. Just like to look at bugs, mushrooms and such. Nice wide field of view.
  4. tyella

M & K The Bottom End, Ken Kreisel

I have a hunch that's not an original driver.
  5. tyella

Kansas City Area Ping Thread

That's terrible news, thanks for sharing the link, Te-Te. RIP, Splatter Pak
  6. tyella

That could be. The stock bed on my Ender 3 wouldn't let go of prints, was a pain to level, and always had some residue on it from the previous print. I ditched it and went with a piece of mirrored tile. It works great, but requires hairspray for stuff to stick and takes a bit longer to heat up...
  7. tyella

Another fine example of an oddly specific audio need. You may not sell a bunch, but one day you'll make someone who needs one of these very happy. On a tangential tonearm printing thought, I need to find the stl (or make one) for a sled to go with my Empire. There's no rush right now, but...
  8. tyella

Those are cool, Pete! I don't need any right now, but love to see people using 3D printers for oddly specific audio needs. Maybe the pink is weirding people out? My printer got moved to the basement and my last printing attempt wouldn't stick to the bed. It was cold down there at the time, so...
  9. tyella

Are these JBL's worth $1500?

I don't have time to post all of the photos, but for the internet visitor of the future, here's a pic of the original ad. I expect a sincere thank you in 12 years.
  10. tyella

That has to be one of the best things I've read in a while! As a thrift store record digger, that summarizes so much with such successfully descriptive imagery. Also might be the new name of the band I'll form someday.
  11. tyella

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

I finally get to join the "cool chair" club! Ekornes Stressless chair with ottoman. Not cheap at $200, but certainly worth it. Very comfy! The same sale had some great records at $5 each. I only grabbed a few, but have been hunting for The Harder They Come soundtrack and Nebraska for a while. I...
  12. tyella

Speaker Badges Homemade Replacements

Looking forward to seeing the results!
  13. tyella

I used to play the hell out of that record in my college radio DJ days. A few of the Bauhaus band members formed a poppier band and the result was dancing fun at the local goth bar. The music didn't stir my soul, but goth girls certainly did and they liked this record a lot!
  14. tyella

Yep. Sometimes it's better to leave things we don't really need for someone else. Other folks need to find good stuff, too. That's what I tell myself when the FOMO hits, anyway. Usually that's about 30 miles after leaving the thrift store parking lot.
  15. tyella

AR-3a Restoration-Latest.

Fantastic work, Glenn!
  16. tyella

AR speaker stand measurement request

I built the other stand and got the first coat of Danish Oil on them today. The sliding dovetail was surprisingly not-so-difficult to cut. Next time I'll center the cut, though :confused:. This project convinced me to build a router table to replace the POS Craftsman benchtop I got for $10 at a...
  17. tyella

Thanks! I'm happy with the work, I just wish my math was better :confused:. Who makes just one speaker stand?
  18. tyella

Well, it's done. Just needs finish. I showed it to my wife and she said "cool! Are you going to make another one?" I thought she was talking about another set for my other AR speakers, but quickly realized that speakers typically come in pairs. Yep. I only made one. I think my brain is broken...
  19. tyella

I worked on this these afternoon for a bit. Based on photos provided by @ragtopolds6 I think my diagram below is about right. I'm assuming the stretchers are 3/4" thick. Interesting that the photos show dowel or tenon construction while others I've seen are sliding dovetail. I went with sliding...
  20. tyella

Thanks, ragtop!! I think I can get everything I need from this. I'll compile and post final dimensions.
  21. tyella

No sweat at all! Whenever you have time.
  22. tyella

Just a little nudge: Have you had a chance to measure the stands yet, ragtop?
  23. tyella

Thank you so much! I'll owe you a beer!
  24. tyella

I'm going to make a set based on my estimates. I'll update my plans for the next set if someone has actual measurements. (fingers crossed!) I already have some walnut scrap milled up.
  25. tyella

Howdy folks, If anyone has original AR speaker stands like those below, do you mind taking some measurements? Specifically, I'm trying to figure out: Leg dimensions (??" X ??" X 11") All 3 dimensions of the horizontal stretchers. One of the angles of the stretchers to each other (I can figure...
Back
Top Bottom