Search results

1. T

C2301 lamps

Good day Mr.Jomark, I replaced all the lamps on my B/C 2102 and bought various sizes. I'm looking at one of my packs right now labelled " 8V / 100ma / 4.12mm" that I believe came from David(Wojo) , is that the specific size yee are after? Todd
  2. T

Technics SPL300 Rubber Speaker Grill Pegs

Drop me a line,not sure if they are recessed version or for top grill. If I'm thinking of proper set up, I may have some you could have.
  3. T

Technics sb-7000a: How to replace the cloth on the tweeter/mid cover?

I did these on two occasions, trick was starting point. 1st)Front bottom corner gets stapled first, then pull to 2nd)opposite corner on upper backside,ie kitty corner. Trick also it to put some clear tape over corners so when pulling cloth tight(and that's the trick)you won't snag cloth. Then...
  4. T

Supreme 700s: dressed in wood!

TVK, my favourite site on the net. Thank you Axel from a thousand voices. Taught me some much about the value,the integrity of audio equipment that was made simply for music.In an era of compressed digital muzak and played on shit earbuds.a step back to a past era is truly the step up. Thanks...
  5. T

Sansui SP-L700

The SPL Series were fabulous speakers.The original woofers were heavy duty, high capacity drivers that were beautifully designed. And yes the had a very strong likeness to the JBL speakers that Sansui was the Far East distributor during the 70's and into the 80's.Sansui knew great speakers and...
  6. T

Sansui ...looking to get on the right pathpath

Starting at the top INDEED! The 919 was one of the best amps made by Sansui,or anyone,during the last push of the great power wars.These are so well built and designed,true Sansui engineering at it's best.Clean all your switches with De-oxit,check the fuses.Blinking red to green on startup...
  7. T

B-2101 upgrade/repair

They are a great,sleeper Sansui amp ,outstanding performer. Not far off from the big brother B2301(300w/side),that said I've found Sansui almost uniformly underrates watts/ch by 30-35%.Almost exactly on all 70's,early 80's power and intergrateds,you got more than spec sheet said. My B2102...
  8. T

..BA 5000 , need support by switching from 120 to 240 Volt..

Congrats Deubi, what a wonderful sonic addition to your current set-up!Nice find and considering your clean up efforts to bring it back to regular use, it fell into the right hands. Rock On!
  9. T

would you prefer a sansui over a luxman ,when speakers are jbl monitors??? please

I love both Luxman and Sansui, and Sansui actually built some like JBL speakers in the SPL series.If buying sight unseen, I'd have no hesitation living with the Sansui.
  10. T

Had to tell someone

Thats great to hear you're getting back into the music,and obviously your love of music is giving you good karma to get some help in doing so.That Sansui is a potent,well designed model,punches far above it's weight.Though the outside is of the times(plastic,digital) the guts of the design...
  11. T

need a tech recommendation in eastern Canada for a Sansui AU recap

I had searched and used some more prominent "repair/restoration" services in Halifax,and had very disappointing results.Ship it to Doug at D and A Electronics in Kitchener,get it done meticulously right at reasonable cost. They rebuilt two BA5K's,BA2000, and a AU20000 the way it should be done...
  12. T

Technics SB-E100

I have at least one tweet,crossovers,woofers and screens.PM me if you'd like.
  13. T

Technics SB-E100

Thats potentially a great price,and would be with the original woof.Actually still is.....Offer $125 and start looking for replacement.I have a few woofers from SB6000,but unsure of size. Let me compare to the SB-e 100's and I'll get back to you.If the woofer fits I'd help you out. The Technics...
  14. T

Technics SB-6000 vs SB-7000

The Technics tweeters are one of the very best to come out of the 70's IMO.And the 6000's were good but limited in comparison to the 7's,being two way compared to three way ect,but tweeter performed wonderfully in both pairs I had.Get them checked out and possibly recap the crossover,the...
  15. T

A 200+ wpc power amp for $600. What are my suspects?

A great Sansui sleeper.Fast,detailed and one of the few from that era that advertises driving 2 ohm loads(!).This was a serious build in the era of BPC.Can't go wrong as they also sound fantastic.
  16. T

Thinking about buying another Mcintosh amp

Not Mac's,but I run a bridged pair of Sansui BA5K's,same idea. Did I need the extra power? No. Did it sound better? Yes. No turning back now.
  17. T

Loss of the best tech I ever new

Arnold was a wonderful man to talk to,audio and all things else. A renaissance man in today's throw it away world. I've had wonderful work performed by father and son.Drove from Nova Scotia to Ontario twice, to get my restored BA5K's done.The best legacy left as Doug,his son,has the same...
  18. T

The one who searches will find - Onkyo M510

That is GORGEOUS! Wonderful find. I have never seen one here in Canada but if I did.... As a avowed fan of the big watt bruisers(dual Sansui BA5K's), that sets the standard for looks IMO. Enjoy and keep us posted on sonic opinions. Never heard one,but I'm very interested in what sound Onkyo...
  19. T

Steve Miller Band/Book of Dreams Ugh!

Ditto! I have a copy of Book of Dreams with the exact same issues.By the third cut I'm checking stylus for a big furball,yet nothing.Got to the point where it's got defect status in my collection,and I only have CD to listen to.Must have been a bad pressing along the line somewhere. Odd that...
  20. T

BA-2000 – How hot is to hot?

Ba2000 The first BA2000 I owned,upon receiving it and playing,ran VERY hot.After 30 minutes of medium volume it was almost too hot to touch and hold for more than a few seconds. While adjusting bias,one of the trimmers broke apart,rendering it useless.After replacing them,and adjusting bias...
  21. T

BA-5000 for repair

Glad you are happy with the work, I suspected this would be so wonderfully evident! I also drove 14 hours plus each way to place my initial BA5K into the hands of a wonderful tech who totally revitlized the the sound of the amp. Nice to know I'm not the only obsessive chasing(literally)the true...
  22. T

Why Sansui?

Sansui was a stereo manufacturer during their heyday,nothing else.I was a Luxman guy back in early late 70's - late 80's until about 2000.Got onto Sansui looking for something different but not new,had bought a new Rotel pre/amp/tuner and was vastly disappointed.Sold it and got looking before I...
  23. T

Sansui preamps CA2000 vs CA3000 any thoughts?

I have both and prefer the CA3000,looks and performance wise. Both pre's have excellent sound characteristics, but I find the phono pre on the 3000 better sounding.May be that both share the same circuitry ,which wouldn't be suprising but the 3000 has far better mid/high frequency definition.I...
  24. T

70's SS Power Amps

Had an assortment of excellent amps come through the town in the last year, looking for the title. Sound alone ruled, and as it should. Once thought..' "who'd ever need that much power(300w/ch)" but have come to the conclusion that effortless headroom allows the music to come through,period...
  25. T

B-2102 back from the tech!

Nice to hear that your amp is back and swingin'. This is a great amp,highly underated as it doesn't seem to get much attention. Outstanding specs,ability to handle low impedance speakers without strain(engineered that way)and though outside changes are evident ,inside it's still Sansui build...
Back
Top Bottom