Search results

1. Bigwoo

Unusual Vintage "France" USA Made, Peerless or Altec drivers? Bozak?

Mostly, I would be curious to know where the "France" name is coming from.... :trebon: Kind of funny to see "France" Made in USA
  2. Bigwoo

Thanks MH, Who knows.... The cabinets definitely don't look like super high-end anything and remind me a lot of Marantz speaker cabs. They sound decent enough for the $24 I gave that I probably don't want to break any seals and will just run them until they die. With my luck something dry-rotted...
  3. Bigwoo

Ah ok, Thanks MH. I've seen a logo similar to this with Naim speakers before, but this is just one of those makers I have never seen before. Haha, they must have been short lived. Pretty decent overall sound. I'll have to add this to the "Unknown but not bad" files.
  4. Bigwoo

I have never seen this maker before. Logo appears to be an electrical or arc current with "France" as the maker. I took a chance on these vintage floor speakers to use as a backup pair with a small Pioneer silver face SX. So far I am pleasantly surprised with their complexity. Any idea what...
  5. Bigwoo

A nice surprise: Sansui 331

Agreed!
  6. Bigwoo

Thanks Rick, By this point I shouldn't be surprised at the rich, complex Sansui qualities. I can't honestly recall ever having a bad listening experience with Sansui. The new place..... Unfortunately, remodeling in Denver was more expensive than just selling the house and buying something else...
  7. Bigwoo

So we just moved into a (mid-century, yay!) home out in Golden after many years in Denver. This home is a little bit larger than the place we had in Denver so both of my silver faced Pioneer receivers are going to be in use in different parts of the new house. I knew that I was going to need a...
  8. Bigwoo

Help with some large and odd (studio?) Panasonic's

Tony, What I should have said more clearly in the original post was that they actually look just like these: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?39455-Japanese-Crysler-Vintage-Compression-Driver-Cellular-Horn-Midrange-Units
  9. Bigwoo

Thanks man but no. On these the horn tweeters are up at the very top and more like a PA cab but I think that these were meant for home, floor use. Wow, I'm stumped. ???
  10. Bigwoo

Just FYI, These look much older than RAMSA series.
  11. Bigwoo

Hi guys, I'm pretty stumped on these and I've never seen any Panasonic speakers like these. Vintage commercial studio looking floor models. Vintage Panasonic logo on the front (black) speaker grill mesh, No model numbers anywhere at all, big, black, heavy monitor cabinets with huge horn...
  12. Bigwoo

Can anyone identify these mystery towers?

Thanks guys, I may go give them a listen after the Broncos game...
  13. Bigwoo

That's what I was thinking too.... The thin port cutouts are weird....
  14. Bigwoo

A local seller just threw these up and I don't know if they are white van junk, or maybe something decent... Supposedly no markings anywhere. Thoughts? http://www.flickr.com/photos/45978285@N02/8038141342/
  15. Bigwoo

Thoughts on the Kenwood KR-9600

I've been using one that I scored at an estate sale for nearly 5 years every day with no problems at all. Excellent build quality and a very "warm" sound. These were top-notch in the quality and sound departments. The key to any KR-9600 is matching the proper speakers with this particular...
  16. Bigwoo

Pioneer SX receiver pre and TX tuner question....Connection help needed

Tube Mania, Avionic and PioneerSRV, that is awesome and much easier than I anticipated. Thanks much! It's working perfectly! Stereofanboy and Laatsch55, yes you are correct. Sorry if that came out wrong; The FM tuning on the SX-1250 is very very good. Sweet tuner!
  17. Bigwoo

Pioneer SX receiver pre and TX tuner question....Connection help needed

Question for you guys; I just came upon a very lovely TOTL Pioneer TX-9500 tuner. I do not currently have an integrated amp in the house. I do have an SX-1250 monster Pioneer receiver and am wondering if it's possible to try the tuner out with the receiver? I'm thinking that the TX-9500 will be...
  18. Bigwoo

Question about adjusting FM tuning on Pioneer SX receiver

Ah ha! That's a good trick. I did it and the center-tune meter is just slightly left of dead center, but still in the dead center black zone...
  19. Bigwoo

Well, the SX does have a "Multipath" button but I have it turned off. Can that happen anyways?
  20. Bigwoo

Yeah, I guess that was the issue all along. I'm just running a simple "T" radio ant with the little plastic bits at each end. I suppose I should try a good quality ant to see what happens with it..... We are close to the transmitters; Our home is right beneath the Mtn's and most of the classic...
  21. Bigwoo

Ed in TX, Something you said peaked my curiosity so I removed the antenna and now the SX works perfectly! With that antenna the signal strength was buried into the 5 (which I thought was a good thing). Without it the signal strength is at 3.5 and sounds perfect! I've never heard of a receiver...
  22. Bigwoo

Thanks Ed, Yes, the tuning meter is centered when I'm into the static/hiss. Move it just to the right of center for any station and it pulls in very nicely. "Stereo" indicator is still lit, but I'm at the limit/cutoff for pulling it in perfectly... Downloading the manual is a great idea. Thanks!
  23. Bigwoo

Thanks for that very useful info Rod, I think that it works nicely overall, but it probably does need a proper/complete alignment because there was some major dis-use. It's a SX-1250 that sat in a closet for nearly 15 years and I had to do a major dust vacuuming, blowout and de-ox. Currently...
  24. Bigwoo

Came across a nice 70's Pioneer SX receiver and am wondering if it's possible to adjust the fm tuning on it? Basically, when the meter is dead-centered the reception/signal is poor. Moving the dial to the right/clockwise a bit brings in a clear perfect signal. It's minor but annoying....
  25. Bigwoo

A small mother load.....With Pioneer SX-1250

Grabbing keys, hitting ATM, praying....
Back
Top Bottom