Search results

1. T

Thorens TD160

I have a 160 as well and LOVE it. It has a Grace 707 arm and an AT120E cart. Probably should upgrade the cart. But do love the fullness it plays with. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy! Any comments from anyone as you and the table wandered about NYC? :)
  2. T

Windows 7 doesn't understand Dragonfly dac

Eureka! AFter waiting a very long time for the Device search. I tried a different tact. I have 4 usb ports on the front, 2 usb3 and 2 usb2. I switched to one of the other pair (usb2). And a marvelous thing occurred, Music through the stereo :) Thank you all very much! Chicago II is making me...
  3. T

ok going to give the reboot/device manager a shot! Thank you folks :)
  4. T

I have one of the 1.0 Dragonflys. I was listening to computer music hooked up to the main stereo and after awhile it was really getting on my nerves. I ended up getting the Dragonfly and a world of difference. This was from my Toshiba notebook running Win XP. I have a desktop with an Asus...
  5. T

all star band→pick your all star band

I once saw Tony Williams with Ron Carter. Rounding out the band was George Benson on Guitar and Herbie Hancock on keys. It was an amazing performance! -Apologies for the diversion-
  6. T

Unexpected Validation of Blues Tastes

That's a great story! Thank you for sharing :) I'll have to get onto Spotify to give a listen as well.
  7. T

What do you think of this one?

Wow! On the cart, table and albums! As Cadillacdude mentioned, please post a link when you get the Ebayage all set up. I have the Shure scale mentioned by 1tumbleweed. There are electronic ones that many use, but I find the Shure works just fine. Cadillacdude, 9 Isaac Hayes! Wow! I need to...
  8. T

How much difference does the phono preamp make?

A decent phono stage does help tremendously. I found it adds dimensionality to the music in addition to better definition (hearing what is there). When upgrading it is nice to aim higher than current, so you can upgrade other parts of the system and not suddenly be impinged by a recent upgrade...
  9. T

New LP review--Leslie West's "Still Climbing"

TJLitt, I have to agree that Leslie does not get the love he should and wholeheartedly agree about this album. It is a "Must Have" in my book. Leslie still gets out and plays some. If you get a chance to see him. DO IT! His guitar work is as good as it has ever been. Perhaps even better with...
  10. T

In search of- durable stylus/cartridge

Some information on the IROX Ultimate and Blue and even a couple of pics! I dig the crazy bodies! :) Virtually indestructable. No kidding. You CANNOT bend the cantilever, you cannot loosen the diamond by “scratching” or by having an “accident”. You cannot destroy the internal suspension...
  11. T

What is the most inovative rock LP of all time?

Agree there are too many good choices and nice to see Frank Zappa, Capt. Beefheart, Moody Blues and Lothar and the Hand People mentioned. Many Beatles references present, typically Sgt. Peppers and White Album. They both were tremendously impactful and innovative, but I think the Beatles most...
  12. T

Analog to Digital Conversion for Vinyl

I may re-look at how I am doing this after reading many of the comments. After digitizing 3-400 albums, I say "do" leave the gap between songs. 1 it takes less time than removing it and I have to agree with the pacing comment. Notice that many cd's also contain the gap. I also use any kind of...
  13. T

Retipper - Peter, I am one of those unaware of the IROX. You have been getting much great press in the trade mags recently for carts. Where might I find out more regarding the IROX carts? Thank you.
  14. T

Theophile - Inno :) 4-2-7 - LOL majick47 - Thank you for not letting me walk down that path. But these are not for home use. I have Grace 707 and Blackwidow at home and I agree the match would be unpleasant. :) Thanks to the rest of you. I will take a peek at the Shures mentioned since they...
  15. T

Sonus Gold Blue High Freq roll off?

I am so glad I ran into this post. I have a blue/gold Sonus (NOS) and I had some issues with it when I first set it up and it just went back into the box. Now i have to take it out and see what the problem is. It was mounted to a Black Widow arm. I'll be back soon. :)
  16. T

My Denon. Let me show you it.

Sweet table and amp! I think the ATP-1 was targeted to the dj market. The Ortofon X1-MC may be decent. But as you point out, you have others curious which you end using. :) Enjoy!
  17. T

Looking for a stylus that can handle some bumps and drops. Have been using AT95s but looking for something more durable. I don't want to be completely oblivious to sound quality either. I am guessing dj carts are sturdy, but have no experience and i have no idea how they sound. Typical...
  18. T

Pro-Ject Debut III, U-turn Orbit, AT AT-LP120 USB?

We recently picked up 2 LP120s for the studio. They seem decent enough and are holding up well. I also like the hard covers for them in that setting. The newer versions ship with a better cart (95) than the originals. Like the others, I have heard nothing real yet about the Orbits. Some of the...
  19. T

What is the best phono preamp you have used so far?

After listening to the above, I have to go pull out my Phonomena and hook it back up and give a listen. I will also give the settings a review. I had liked it, but when I put the Dolan PM1, the sound seemed so much fuller and you could see deeper into the music. The PM1 is a line/phono pre. It...
  20. T

Fuzziness after 10 minutes or so of play

markshan, I will remember that too! Always good to learn what others have encountered :)
  21. T

Is 3 turntables in 1 room really too many?

Thank you guys for the laughs, pics, wisdom and insights! :) Tarl of Gor that is amazing! Is there a HUGE patchpanel behind that stack of tables? I have to say that all in all it works out well. My wife is happy and I am too. To be fair to her: in addition to the one mentioned we do have...
  22. T

Problem solved! :) Thank you all for your comments! It helped me sort through what the heck to try. I rechecked alignment, whether it happened on early tracks, etc. I used brand new albums. I double checked switching sources once it started. Recently I got a Shure scale. I reset the tracking...
  23. T

aloha, first system

Have to agree! Enjoy! If there may be hope of rectifying the headphone output and you are up for it, this is the place to find expertise on damn near anything audio.
  24. T

Thank you, OldSch00l! I hadn't thought of alignment on inner tracks! I will start playing on the inner tracks and see if I immediately get fuzziness. Also only play the first 2 songs or so on a few albums to see if it happens after 2 or 3 albums.
  25. T

Is 3 turntables in 1 room really too many?

I originally picked up shelving and planned to put 2 turntables in the top compartment. When assembled, the supports prevented fitting the Denon into the unit so it had to go on top. Inside I was able to fit a Thorens and a Yamaha. I would switch between the Denon and Thorens on occassion for a...
Back
Top Bottom