Search results

1. Hufsredo

Whining noise from the headphone jack

I recently put a pentium cpu fan and heat sink on the voltage amplifier in my Yamaha r1000. I pulled off the 12 volt rail and used a 1/2 watt resistor to slow the fan so that the audible noise was minimal. It keeps the unit at ambient plus 10 F. The problem is the noise from the motor is...
  2. Hufsredo

The neighbors will never look at me the same.

A friend of mine stopped over for a beer and wanted to check out my system with an old cd he had. I power up the system put the cd in, set the volume attenuator at -30db and have a seat on the couch. Unknown to me Keith rolled the knob to -14db. To my surprise I watched the first vase fall from...
  3. Hufsredo

Yamaha R1000 & R2000 amp Technical Bulletin No. 45H

If you haven't done it, DO IT or have it done. See pic below, I also have the parts list for each amp repair kit.
  4. Hufsredo

Speaker Impeadence Dropping resistor

A question for you EE types. Would it efectivley lower the impeadence of a loud speaker with no other ill effects, if an automotive ignition coil (think breaker point ignition systems) ballast resistor were put in series with one of the speaker terminals. Typicaly they are 1.2 to 2 ohms with a...
  5. Hufsredo

Amplifier Transistor upgrade

I would like to upgrade the transistor matching pairs from these: 2SA1169 & 2sc2773 to these 2sa1170 & 2sc2774 , the other two from these 2sa1209 & 2sc2911 to these 2sa1210 & 2sc2912 . The amp in question is the Yamaha R1000 . Anyone see a problem with this? Also if this looks ok, can you make a...
Back
Top Bottom