Search results

1. B

Now that the Antennacraft FM6 is discontinued, what's my best bet for an antenna?

Skizo, how did you route the two antennas into one feed? What components? Might be a good plan for me too. I do have a MD ST-2 on a different system and it works well, but I'd like to have a big gun also.
  2. B

Now that the Antennacraft FM6 is discontinued, what's my best bet for an antenna?

For those of you with the Stellar 4 element, do you have it on a rotator or just positioned to optimize station pick up? If stationary, how does it work for station antennas it isn't pointed at?
  3. B

I need some help with an antenna

Looks like the FM6 is discontinued. There are no larger outdoor FM antennas on Solid Signal now. Thoughts?
  4. B

What do I do to ground the antenna?
  5. B

Hi all, I am reading all the great info about antennas on this subforum, but somehow I don't have a clear picture of the best direction for me. I really enjoy FM, and want to improve my situation, but honestly don't want to go overboard. Overboard for me probably means no rotator and no...
  6. B

Thorens TD125 - How much potential?

Just to chime in, I've had a Mk II for several years and love it. It has an RB250 and while I've never heard another arm on it, it sure sounds good to me. The Herbie's Matt indeed is an improvement, though it gets very static-y.
  7. B

Yamaha T-2

OK, I'm embarrased to say that I hadn't sat down with the owner's manual and really understood some of the switches. There is a selectivity switch that lets you get the full meal deal of the signals (i.e. static and very weak signals), as well as a blend switch which I had on which cuts off the...
  8. B

Yamaha T-2

I am finding that it pulls in stations with more clarity than other tuners, totally static free, and really clamps down on the signal. It actually will not play stations if it doesn't get a good enough signal (like British tuners), something I actually don't care for - I would rather get...
  9. B

Yamaha T-2

The T-2 arrived. It is so gorgeous, beautifully made, heavy aluminum extrusion, high quality heirloom quality hardware, incredibly groundbreaking from a design standpoint for 1978. Sound wise, it is very good, but this unit is not on par with what it is replacing (a gorgeous, mint, Pioneer...
  10. B

Advent 300 Receiver

Me too Until a month ago I'd never seen or heard of one and spotted mine (silver face) at Hawthorne Stereo in Seattle. It took me about 10 seconds to decide I had to have it. I took it home and replaced my Marantz 2216 with it in the mancave system (essentially, a receiver with a good aerial...
  11. B

Yamaha T-2

I just purchased one. This was a spin off of my modern receiver thread; I took one look at the T-1 and knew I needed one. The T-2 is better, plus has the cool extra digital readout. What are folks experiences here? I've searched and read bits here and there but would love to hear more.
  12. B

Best modern looking 70s or 80s receiver, black, great sound?

I finally decided An NAD 7155. I know, anticlimactic after all the great ideas here. But I had my reasons. I bought an NAD 7125 as a freshman in college and I stupidly sold it a year or so ago as I got back into hifi at a higher level. But it would have been the perfect man cave unit and...
  13. B

Thoughts on Revox receivers?

Coming off the modern receiver thread... Thoughts experiences with Revox units? Sound? Reliability? Parts availability? I've always thought they were cool...
  14. B

I'm going to clarify a little: I don't want modern as I'm looking for a retro-modern look, it fits what the project is about. Think Dwell magazine. These are some great suggestions. I was thinking the 70s H/Ks too, but perhaps just not quite mod enough. What about Revox?
  15. B

I am equipping a demonstration project that has a very modern minimalist aesthetic. I need to get a receiver for it. It is a pretty high volume space and will power two pairs of small speakers, so it needs to have decent power (for example, the Advent 300 recently under discussion I think...
  16. B

Advent 300 Receiver

I've seen lots of pictures of black ones that were stamped "Made in Mexico" on the back. Mine doesn't say anything on the back, but is also missing its serial number so there may have been a sticker with supplemental information... Listened to it last night some more, and it really sounds...
  17. B

Advent 300 Receiver

I just picked up a silver faced 300 and it is terrific for what it is. How do you know if it is Cambridge vs. Mexican made? Mine does not list as Mexican made, does that mean it's Cambridge?
  18. B

Need help - 2216 tuner signal lamp replacement

I am actually dealing with the tuner signal strength backlight, not the stereo light. Will it be the same lamp?
  19. B

Need help - 2216 tuner signal lamp replacement

Is this an easy change? What lamp do I need? Is this a unplug/plug in deal or will it be soldered?
  20. B

I need a man cave/shop stereo, small, receiver and speakers. What should I get?

My main system is a Naim CD5/Pioneer TX8500II/NAC 42.5/NAP 110/Rega RS3. I am looking to put together a small system for downstairs. Thinking about a small Marantz, H/K 330b, or Pioneer for a receiver and something small and English (KEF C20) for speakers. Trying to keep way cheap but...
Back
Top Bottom