Search results

1. morseguy

AR 93 Makeover

I'd like to see a front shot and want kind of sport?
  2. morseguy

AR 93 Makeover

3. morseguy

Yamaha rx-v1000 HELP!

No, evidently it was some proprietory I.C. So they said. The techs said if they could get the part from Japan, it would not be cost effective. To answer your first question, I opened it before I even brought it in and could not find anything. I ended up get a new Pioneer close-out special...
  4. morseguy

Picking up a 2230b for project

Hi Wow I have not been here in a while! I have one of those, in almost mint condition, its still on the "to be restored" shelf. I got mine very cheap and I don't think I'll ever part with it. If you like it and the price seems reasonable to you grab it. I noticed the auction site prices...
  5. morseguy

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Yard sale. KLH MODEL 21 table radio = $1 Pair of JBL J2050 bookshelf speakers = $6.
  6. morseguy

JBL J2050 BookShelf Speakers

Old post, but how do you like them? I just picked up a pair at a yard sale for $6.
  7. morseguy

Help with my first Sansui.

I lifted one leg on each of those resistors and they still read the same. I replaced them with new F.R. resistors and still have the same problem. I am thinking of a bad transistor? It still has that funny behavior of when you shut it down, the left channel will briefly (split second) come...
  8. morseguy

WOW! Time capsule quality.
  9. morseguy

The Yamaha A-7xx series

How much did it cost you? What brand did you use, especially for the filters?
  10. morseguy

The Yamaha A-7xx series

I have the A700. Its been in the family since new. Lots of heavy use untill I retired it a few years ago. Its is a heavy beast and built like a tank. Aside from cleaning dirty control, I only had two real problems. First was an intermittent crackling noise. Turned out to be a break in a...
  11. morseguy

Realistic SA 100C, TM 100 restoration

How did you make out with the amp? I just picked up one of these and the matching tuner.
  12. morseguy

That's my fantasy (actually a 500C) but still. Great luck.
  13. morseguy

Sansui G2000 $8, dead left channel. Realistic TM-100 am/fm tuner $1, works. (MIT flea market)
  14. morseguy

My readings might be off. STUPID ME, I never lifted any leads on the R's while taking measurements. I'll have to go back and re-check those "bad ones".
  15. morseguy

I found several bad fuse resistors. Some have gone very high in value, and one is infinite. I saw another post of yours regarding these fuse resistors. I never knew anything about them, untill now. I always thought they were regular resistors. From what I gather it's the norm to just...
  16. morseguy

Just checked the DC offset. The bad channel is at 9.6 VDC! The good channel seems normal at a couple of mv's What would cause a high DC offset?
  17. morseguy

I have a scope and audio signal generator. I'm still learning how use the scope, it is a 40 mhz Hitachi. I also have an FM stereo generator. I discovered that I am getting the same sympton from the aux input and also out of the headphone jack. This might help, isn't headphone jack derived...
  18. morseguy

okay my bad. It is the g3000 that has the anti pop circuit. Not mine. Next i will try sending audio into one of the inputs. As of now i was testing using only the tuner.
  19. morseguy

Well first of all I got it backwards. It was LEFT channel dead, RIGHT channel weak. I used cleaner and compressed air on all the switches and pots. Now the right channel is fine and the left channel is playing, although weakly. I did notice something odd though. When you shut off the...
  20. morseguy

Sansui Score - Almost

I have the same problem, did you ever fix yours?
  21. morseguy

Just got my first piece of Sansui. A G2000 receiver. Left channel is dead, right channel is weak. Any ideas of where to start would be greatly appreciated.
  22. morseguy

Rx-v690

I have one of those. Its been in the family since it was new. Although outdated for surround use, I can say it has been very reliable. It won't die. It has been in and out of many systems with daily use and keeps going. Heck it outlived a newer and more expensive RXV-1000 that died and...
  23. morseguy

Actually I would have rather found a II as I already have a III!
  24. morseguy

G.E. SUPERADIO III, $2.99, missing battery cover.
  25. morseguy

GE Superadio III, battery cover missing, $3.00. Pristine copy of the Who's Tommy, $1.00, Pristine copy of the Eagles Live, $1.00 all at my local SA store.
Back
Top Bottom