Search results

1. ggrey

Never blown a tube before...

No, probably a good idea since I have the amp opened up. Do you have a recommendation for a cap upgrade?
  2. ggrey

Good advice Audiovet. It seems after looking inside that it is clean as a whistle. No burns, no bulging caps, nothing I can see that would make me believe it is anything other than a bad tube. I believe a fresh set of tubes are in order
  3. ggrey

Thanks all...great and consistent advice. I plan on opening her up tonight and seeing if all is well on the inside. Then just to be safe and sure I will replace all tubes since they are all growing old. Hopefully the innards are ok, but we will soon see.
  4. ggrey

Until now...at least I think it is blown I have a Yaqin MC100B Chinese tube amp. 3 years old. Never a problem until tonight. I turned her on. Volume zero. 60 seconds later the left speaker crackled, spit and sputtered badly. The V3 tube flashed and sparked and I immediately turned the amp off...
  5. ggrey

Answer With A Song Title game

Tangled up in blue - Dylan What's for dinner?
  6. ggrey

A-Z Occupations

Devil, The
  7. ggrey

Ooops Steppin' out Tonight - Joe Jackson
  8. ggrey

Down in the boondocks - Billy Joe Royal How much does it cost?
  9. ggrey

Pedal steel players?

Had a lap steel once. I used it in a couple of original creations very simply, and it came out quite nicely. However, I lost interest and sold it after a year of non practice. Someone above said practice, practice, practice...so true, but I never had the patience.
  10. ggrey

Which Speakers are you using with McIntosh Integrated?

MA6100 / JBL L80T3
  11. ggrey

Records that look mint but sound terrible

ELP - Brain Salad Surgery - Brand new 40th anniversary pressing bought from Amazon...horrible noise, crackle and hum. Sent it back and Amazon refunded the $$ no questions asked. The Notorious Byrd Brothers - brand new Sundazed mono version - again horrible. It sounds like a stereo master tape...
  12. ggrey

Live from Daryl's house

It is the world in which we live. Technology fixes our limitations, the vast majority of which we never hear or know about. Even as far back as the 40s Jazz greats edited their performances..."song/track1" 3 full takes recorded. The intro from take 3 spliced on to verse 1 from take 1, that then...
  13. ggrey

Ridiculous and/or stupid songs by famous artists.

You Know my Name (Look up the number)...Beatles - Actually silly and stupid for stupid's sake...They hit the mark there. Silly none the less.
  14. ggrey

Your favorite small vintage speaker that's not crazy expensive....

Baby Advents. Not the deepest bass or highest highs, but well balanced for my ears...and are had at a very nice price. Just bought a pair new, in the box for 125.00 off the bay. Used can be had for 50.00 or so.
  15. ggrey

Can I do some good ol' fashion room/system equalisation using just a mic and equaliser?

A great resource on rooms, traps and many other audio issues is Ethan Winer's forum... Forum.musicplayer.com
  16. ggrey

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Breakfast with The Beatles ...on a Bose Wave Radio :whip:
  17. ggrey

Is the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame on drugs?

The RnR hall of fame...:thumbsdown: The Hard Rock Cafe :thumbsdown: ...IMHO
  18. ggrey

Greetings From Upstate NY

And I am just north of Saratoga Springs in Moreau...howdy neighbor!
  19. ggrey

My Beatless Mono CD's are fakes :-(

:lurk:
  20. ggrey

Adjective Artist Game

Effervescent: Katrina and the Waves
  21. ggrey

What album have you bought the most ?

Different pressings from different countries as well as from different pressing plants make a huge difference in the quality of playback. As for my collecting tastes, for any music I enjoy I will pick up multiple copies when affordable. Here are a few... Sgt Pepper: 8 vinyl pressings (stereo...
  22. ggrey

Concert you attended where the opening band was better than the Headliner

Logins & Messina opening for Tom Rush @ SPAC - Saratoga Performing Arts Center, upstate NY 1972 I think....no contest. After the show we went to Taco Bell for a bite and who pulls in after us...Kenny, Jim and the band. Taco Bell had just closed, but we all pleaded with the guy to let us in and...
  23. ggrey

A-Z Occupations

Tickle instructor
Back
Top Bottom