Search results

1. sendust

SX 1250 left channel out

Hi guys, i have a SX 1250 that had been recapped about 6 years ago, then was used for about a year until it was replaced. It has been sitting indoors in a dry location for the past 5 years. I started it up today and my left channel is not working, took of all covers and used deoxit on all...
  2. sendust

Degritter ultra sonic unit

I know lp cleaning has been gone over thousands of time and im sure many newer ideas or information has heightened the analog listening experience. I am just adding an observation that i encountered. As many after years of listening to lps on basic combination units, i longed for better quality...
  3. sendust

Play back ripped songs from computer to vintage system

Hi guys I only listen to vinyl in my sound room but rip songs to play in my car or Bluetooth speaker from my computer. For me this process has worked well, I use a Cambridge audio converter and the program audacity to achieve this, for my liking i only convert to flacs for better sound quality...
  4. sendust

Analogmagik software

I am posting here to describe my personal experience using this software and setup tool. As many on this site i have learned a lot about receivers, amps speakers etc. I started with a Pioneer Pl-55 turntable, Grado green cart , Keff reference speakers and a Marantz 2065 receiver. Compared to...
  5. sendust

Analogmagik

Hi guys, have any of you tried this software. I have an Oracle Delphi 6 and a while ago was having an issue dealt with by the Oracle factory in Sherbrooke Quebec. After my issue was resolved i agreed to have my cart set up using their German software to get maximum sound from my cart. As most of...
  6. sendust

Heat pipes hurting sound

Hi guys i have spent allot of time like im sure a lot of you trying to improve sound quality. In the past years i have upgraded equipment and added acoustical elements to my listening area to get the sound i enjoy, Recently i have moved and rebuilt my sound room. I have noticed since the move...
  7. sendust

What MM cart would compare to a Ortofon Cadenza Bronze

Hi Im using a cadenza bronze on an Oracle delphi 6 with a technics epa 100 arm, I love the sound but sometimes find it a little bright. I have read that mc carts are known to sound brighter than MM carts, this may be incorrect info. Ive tried the setup with a Marantz 2385 and a Pioneer sx 1980 ...
  8. sendust

Altec 19 right speaker bright

Hi I have pair of 19s that were recapped about a year ago. Ive noticed that the right speaker sounds a little brighter than the left. When using the crossover controls there is no change in sound. the left quite a noticeable change. What should i be looking at? thanks for any help on this.
  9. sendust

MC versus MM cart background sound question

Hi Guys, i am using an Ortofon Bronze Cadenza , because of the low output I need to use either a SUT or an external phono amp. Due to the increasing of the db I feel it causes some issues with sound. When listening to the amp with the needle lifted off the lp, I hear what i can only describe as...
  10. sendust

Oracle Delphi 6

Just a general question, when i am using phono i get a bit of a hum on volume above 35%, it sounds like the background noise you hear on a pa system when there is dead air. I notice that when i touch the tonearm it increases, is this normal?
  11. sendust

Altec 19 slight hum

Hi i have a pair of Altec 19s that were recapped about two years ago, ive noticed a slight hum when connected to the receiver, volume at zero . No hum on right speaker, no change when setting speaker left to right. Is this probably a defective cap? thanks for any input.
  12. sendust

2325 hum

Hi guys i have a 2325 that has a hum on phono, even if i disconnect the rca cables i still hear hum, much less but still noticeable I tried running a ground from my power receptical to the ground screw on the back of the unit, no change, if i touch the phono rca inputs with my finger its loud...
  13. sendust

SX-1250 loose post

I moved a while ago and unfortunately suffered some damage to some of my equipment , even though i thought I had packed everything very well. bubble wrapped and boxed. One of the items i am concerned with is my SX-1250, I noticed i lost my right side on all selections and heard some popping. I...
  14. sendust

SX-1980 right channel no sound

Hi guys i have an issue with my 1980, Damage had occurred to the flat amp, not sure how but i am the likely suspect. I have been having an issue with the right speaker surging at times, in surging i mean the sound would increase maybe double for mostly a half a second but sometimes two or three...
  15. sendust

SX 1980 wow

Hi Akers, I wanted to give some feedback on the sound quality of the SX 1980 and to give credit to Akers for their expertise and skills. As many of you I have been on a journey looking for the sound that I moves my soul. On this journey I have learned from AKers the importance of acoustics...
  16. sendust

Oracle Delphi power supply

Hi Oracle owners, i was wondering if any of you upgraded from regular to turbo power, if you did how great was the improvement. I have an Oracle Delphi iv that i have upgraded to a vi , new mvss system, new bering and drive. It sounds amazing and this would be the next step.
  17. sendust

Interested in Tube but have no idea what to look for

Hi i have heard from many that tube gear is some of the best reproduction of sound, at the moment i have a system that sounds pretty amazing. For some back ground i am using an Oracle turntable with a Technics 100 arm, an Otrofon Bronze Cadenza cart, Altec 19 speakers and switching between a...
  18. sendust

Speaker layout for Altec 19s

Hi AKers, I have a couple of pairs-of altec 19s. I was working out of town a-lot and for a while i had my home and a townhouse, due to my love for music i set up a soundroom in both locations. I have now left the townhouse and i end up with an extra pair of 19s. I am not interested in selling...
  19. sendust

SX1250 hum and switch issue

Hi guys, i earlier posted issues with popping sound when using switches while using phono. I read through the post form premiumplus that seemed to have the same issue. In reading some of the responses i noted that dirty switches were the possible fault. Since then i cleaned all switches again...
  20. sendust

1250 switches

Can anyone send me info on how to properly disassemble, clean and reassemble all switches on the SX 1250. I am having issues with speaker selector and tape duplicator and monitor. Thanks . pete
  21. sendust

Cement resistor short?

Can a resistor as in the photo be shorted? if so how do you test for this with a multimeter . when i use the audible ohm feature it always sounds like its shorted.
  22. sendust

SX 1250 input selection issue, found solution

Wow it seems it never ends, With the help of you guys i just troubleshot a few issues and the unit sounds great. Maybe i should leave well enough alone, I notice that if i select an input with nothing attached, i hear a tick tick tick that becomes poping if i increase volume. This happens on...
  23. sendust

SX 1250 Phono issue still exists

Hi I posted this earlier but was repairing an issue with the stabilizer board at the time, I felt that issue might help with this issue. As often i was wrong. In AM or FM there are no issues, great sound and balance, in phono 1 i get left side and no right, in phono 2 nothing either side. I...
  24. sendust

SX 1250 Phono issue

Hi guys i am trying to resolve an issue with the right channel no sound only on phono. all works well with AM and FM. The setting is phono 1, on phono 2 i dont get left or right. On phono 1 when i set balance to far right, i get a bit of sound when moving volume up and down. Am i correct in...
  25. sendust

SX 1980 rebuild

Hi does anyone know a tech in the Montreal or Toronto area that can recapp this beast?
Back
Top Bottom