Search results

1. montrecott

Jazz Fusion Playlist

Jack DeJohnette's Special Edition – Irresistible Forces
  2. montrecott

Jazz Fusion Playlist

I saw John with Shakti last summer. Excellent show!
  3. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

Dexter Gordon – Clubhouse
  4. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

The New Billy Taylor Trio
  5. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

Haven't played this one in a while. Donald Byrd - Royal Flush
  6. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

IIRC I have the reissue of that, but it's a double album (?). Need to check...
  7. montrecott

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

And let's not forget that beautiful wood cabinet.
  8. montrecott

Really enjoying the sound and look of this simple vintage pairing / KLH and Marantz

Congrats on finding a pairing you really like. I had some KLH 23 at one time, which I got when my father-in-law reached a point where he was no longer using them. Ultimately I moved them along, but I remember them being good speakers. Few things say vintage audio like a 70s Marantz receiver, and...
  9. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

Johnny Griffin - The Little Giant This is an OJC from '84
  10. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

Classic album!
  11. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

Hawes should be a lot better known than he is.
  12. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

I'm posting this today, but actually listened to it yesterday, in celebration of Dexter's 101st birthday. I think I've mentioned here before that I saw him play live once, winter of 1980 I believe it was, with Woody Shaw on trumpet. Don't remember the rest of the band--I was young (but still...
  13. montrecott

Got Praise for a Fellow AK Member? Post it here

Bought an amp on Bater Town from lqpete11. Great guy to deal with: unit was expertly packed and works perfectly. He even included the parts that were replaced by his tech.
  14. montrecott

Sansui Serial Number Database Update

AU-505, SN# 832111775
  15. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

A different Sonny today--
  16. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

I've got that one and like it a lot. Getz is best remembered for his bossa nova periodf, but he did some excellent stuff later in his career.
  17. montrecott

Show Me Your Sansui!

Sansui AU-505 I bought this on Barter Town recently for a very reasonable price. Seller's tech recently went through it and replaced many noisy transistors. The filter caps are also new and the Baxandall diode mod was made. Pic of replaced parts is attached. (EDIT: Seller also made solid...
  18. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

More Sonny Stitt, as this month is the centennial of his birthday. I counted 18 Stitt albums in my vinyl collection, which sounds like a lot, but it's less than half of his output. Salt and Pepper - Sonny Stitt and Paul Gonsalves
  19. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

Great album. I need to get my copy out and spin it...
  20. montrecott

What's Pioneer in your rig?

Nice looking 9500. :beerchug: I have a rebuilt 9500 Mk II. In addition to the great looks, they are quality built through and through. I've used mine with 4-ohm speakers, and it's always risen to the occasion. There are rebuild threads here on AK. Here's the thread for the one I bought.
  21. montrecott

Jazz Fusion Playlist

I love George Duke's "Feel" and have a worn copy on vinyl, which I've been looking to replace. I was in a record store recently and noticed this, which includes four tracks from that album and other great fusion stuff I hadn't heard. Glad I bought it. The Best of MPS Years - George Duke (2 LP Set)
  22. montrecott

Today's JAZZ playlist

This month is the centennial of Sonny Stitt's birth, so I'm spinning this one. Many others to choose from--he was very prolific...
  23. montrecott

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

:biggrin: It is a bit ridiculous, isn't it?
  24. montrecott

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Dropped off some old, unwanted clothes of my wife's at the SA on Friday, and stopped to look through their vinyl. I brought three albums (pictured) home. I've had a few Charlie Bryd albums for years, but not "Let Go." The cover is still mostly shrink-wrapped and the vinyl looks like it will...
  25. montrecott

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

I've found that in situations like that it's best to keep both. ;)
Back
Top Bottom