Search results

1. vigman

Samson Servo 120a Power Amplifier schematic needed HELP !

On a side note , there are 4 LED's which backlight the power switch and a DUMB circuit to regulate that voltage... If you intend to fix the power light...DON'T. The traces on the board are cheap & paper thin/////
  2. vigman

In the meantime I've finished a Proton AA 1150 power amp ( VERY IMPRESSED ) all that needed was re solder the back RCA jacks & and an HK 402 !!!!
  3. vigman

Ok well it's fixed BUT I have NO IDEA what actually repaired it, Pulled the right amp board 2X times ( yes I was waiting for parts for another project ) . I puled most of the big power devices and EVERYTHING tested OK!!!! The one thing I did notice the solder was a higher heat point so I had...
  4. vigman

I do not mind the " work" BUT If I'm burning a lot of time to R & R something that would take 5 min and turns that into 20 min each way... YEECH... And that would be OK for a historically vintage or just kick butt gear... but not this... the construction is dodgy to boot ! So I did something...
  5. vigman

Summary, 2 bad transistors ( TO-92 ) in feedback loop from some sort of drink spillage, but I missed a support resistor or diode and it's still FUBAR// and it take ~ 20 min to umwind the board out to work.. so for now I't going back into the TBD pile .. it 's just TO FRUSTRATING ! Back onto my...
  6. vigman

Wow just called Samson up & they E mailed me a complete schematic ! WOO HOO !!!!
  7. vigman

Hmmmmm no help ?? Well So far I've pulled the right channel board and tested a few things till my Weller soldering station went POOF... Pulling that board was a GREAT example of WTF were you THINKING ? So I dug out another iron and that took a LONG TIME digging that out.... The Finals test OK in...
  8. vigman

This MUST be one of the weirdest amps I have ever worked on... It's an E bay love child I needed for an " temp " amp as I waited for parts for the REAL amp.....Short story : Amp was TOTALLY dead . getting my DBT and finding NO bipolar supplies running. I found 1 cold solder joint in the power...
  9. vigman

Oh you DIRTY GIRL E bay AU-717 NOW on the bench

Well a LITTLE progress! Still fishing for parts....
  10. vigman

Not much to report, See I found a new game " The Outer worlds " and I have to say.. GOOD BYE FREE TIME !
  11. vigman

Well Well Well... the amp is behaving, for now.. hard a nice 2 hr listen post remounting the protect board.. Front goes on today , then more shake N Bake ! Tupolev.... It was the protect board ... the amp brick pins had the SAME voltages.... AND I could swap protect lines and it would move.. I...
  12. vigman

CA-F1 on the bench

GO JOHN GO !!!
  13. vigman

Well the dumpster fire still rages on. the unit would NOT come out of protect IF the right channel was connected. It's DC offset was .012.. Hmmmmm So a few things. 1 I had changed the filter cap for the protect circuit, but it was HOT I went up to 100uf @ 63v and then changed to 100 @ 100 Now it...
  14. vigman

I meant NPN WHOOPS ~
  15. vigman

AU -717 2663 board TR-05 06 10
  16. vigman

So surfer.... I have the PS reg board pulled back out, found a trace for 1 of the fuses cracked & that was my wiggle the board.. get a noise problem.. BUT based on your other post, what would you recommend for the replacement devices... I have 3 922's in there
  17. vigman

How hot should a AU717 get?

As bias goes up & volume up it turns on the heat pump option ! I'm just breaking in my current 717 It's on the DBT and running cool but as volume goes up, the DBT gets BRIGHT 120W DBT at that . The ability for the amp to cool itself is not great, and if you are in a cabinet with something on...
  18. vigman

So the front panel knobs & other bits got washed, so they are drying.....I have to go back into EVERYTHING, used some OLD CAPS ( like I pulled out of my 3K when restored ) to just cobble up enough to test & move fwd. I even have a 27K resistor that was TOTALLY green death but got a tin on the...
  19. vigman

John you are the BOMB, the fuse resistors were 189- 1k-1.9K-and OPEN !!!! And I put it mostly back together and OH MY it all WORKED.... I do have to go in for a bunch of rework... but IT'S ALIVE and on Halloween to boot ! The protect board has a cold joint somewhere , If I wiggle the board I...
  20. vigman

Sansui AU-717 - Need a little help

If the leads are not destroyed ( like 1/2 the metal gone ) scrape em with an xacto knife and remeasure em, then you can use that till your replacements arrive.....
  21. vigman

Sansui AU-717 - Need a little help

I'm not sure how you are set up.....is the board out of the unit? Anyway make sure pin 21 does hit chassis ground . I am a bit confused 23 & 25 are the -33 v supply. Which are TR-03 07 & 11. I would pull TR-11 and test that PLUS make sure that you have ~13 volts across ZD-01.....I just went...
  22. vigman

I was able to check pre amp signal flow and all the switches, knobs & buttons are doing the correct thing... but the preamp AW GAWD is un listenable with the zero crossing issue !
  23. vigman

I now have 2 working bricks WAHHOOO. tomorrow the preamp get's a looking at ! Other OH CRAPS.. the speaker select switch is tweaked and the protect board has an intermittent issue, when the amps are ROCK STABLE ( about 3~4 seconds ) the protect will not let go for 20 to 30 seconds 1 out of 5...
  24. vigman

Ok the pre is VERY SICK.... I did get 1 brick up to 95% 9 just need to set bias & DC to spec, but it's close enuf... I first ran thru the pre.. and then clip lead city to main only.. so tomorrow next brick.. and THANKS JOHN !!
Back
Top Bottom