Search results

1. skandl

New Frosten AR

I posted this at VE but wanted to share my new table with the folks here as well. https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=97417 This table is approx 37lbs with all the bells and whistles. The arm is a SME 3009 complimented with a Hana SL. I have been listening to this...
  2. skandl

Milwaukee Arts Museum

Always nice to see an exhibit with a table included!
  3. skandl

Anyone use the Flux HIFI stylus cleaner?

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/flux-hi-fi-electronic-stylus-cleaner#gqZgQW7pxycCdTJQ.97 Just curious of any end user's opinions
  4. skandl

LG V20

Not sure if this is the place to post this but Ill give it a go. Recently had to return my exploding Note 7 but waiting for the LG V20 paid off. I originally wanted this phone but had to settle for the Note due to the fact my old phone bricked. So while on mini vacation I gave this a pretty...
  5. skandl

Fatality of a Blue Point Special an the Return

As careful as one maybe sometimes shit just happens. Was very sad I made such a rookie mistake. You can imagine the selective words used at the time. Emailed my buddy Andy in WA and in less than one week behold the new and improved BPS The upgrade is a sapphire cantilever with a nude...
  6. skandl

Was in Kansas City so why not visit Acoustic Sounds in Salina

Long story short, my wife is implementing an ERP with Harley Davidson in Kansas City and asked if I wanted to take some time off and check out the city. Being that I have never been to KC I thought why not I can check out a Royals game (weather permitting) check out the Jazz Museum and the Negro...
  7. skandl

Nina Simone

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but ran across this the other day for the fans enjoy! https://www.netflix.com/title/70308063?p=os
  8. skandl

Gilmour Hollywood Bowl 3/24

AWESOME is all I can say right about now. Just a friend who decided to stop by and help Gilmour out
  9. skandl

Empire 698

Well I could not pass up this on CL for a Benjamin! I have never owned any Empire and have little clue as what to expect. Here are the things that I see right off the bat. I need to acquire a belt,headshell and new arm holder. For those out there with experience please let me know if the end...
  10. skandl

Miles Davis Kind of Blue (MFSL 45RPM)

Waited so long for this release forgot I ordered it, got the email and was like WTH did I buy now. Will give a good listen tomorrow when I have more time to enjoy. Tonight got watch baseball, GO YANKS!
  11. skandl

On an Island

Had to finally pull the trigger on this one. Funny Gilmour made the outer cover bigger than the standard so protective sleeves don't fit.
  12. skandl

David Gilmour Hollywood Bowl

I am so happy to report that a good buddy and I are going to see David Gilmour in Cali next March. I am so stoked I truly don't think it wise to wish time and life away but DAMN March 2016 is a bit away. Any other AKers going to the concert????
  13. skandl

And then a package arrived!

My first MC Denon DL-110! Out the box and setup sound very nice, open and dead quiet! Can't wait to get some hours on it to see how it opens up. First test album is MOFI KEB' MO' self title and Come on in My Kitchen the bass and the highs from the snap of the high hats is just ridiculous to...
  14. skandl

ADC ARXA combo

New to me combo from Frosten. Cant say enough about this table I posted first on VE for those who don't check there here is a taste. The base is custom built by Steve Armboard is Padak no stain just oiled to bring it out Tonearm ADC ALT-1 rocking a F3/8MZ and a V15MR/JICO SAS Urushi Mat is a...
  15. skandl

A package from Japan, yeah its gotta be good!

Long day at work today had little to look forward to until the text came in from the wife. A package came from Japan! Here are some pics shot with my phone, I will do some major listening tomorrow in the afternoon when the family isn't home. Introducing my new Jico V15VMR Akazonae limited!
  16. skandl

AT Z500x pay shipping

Hello all: I don't know much about this cart but its been in my stash for a little too long. If anyone out there would like it please PM me and I will send it to you for the expense of shipping. The stylus is trashed thanks to some arse-hole who shipped mounted on the headshell.
  17. skandl

Carlos

Thought you guys may like this, if already discussed sorry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLIiozVWJo
  18. skandl

AR motor shims being sold

Not affiliated but thought it was cool other AR fans are getting invovled with mods to keep these decks running for another 50 years. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251592403015#ht_973wt_1323
  19. skandl

Idle Tonearm resting block

Long story short my spare 707 went from the shot glass to its new home today. A friend at work decided to get back into wood working and made this lovely piece for me! Wood used is alder with a cherry finish and rubbed in Tung oil. I screwed up the measurements so you will see the head...
  20. skandl

Pioneer PL530

I need some of the Pioneer experts to assist me please. I was at my parents house for the 4th and we were trying to get my dad's TT up and running. What we found was the speed was on full turbo and would not slow down. We tried unplugging and letting the table sit but to no avail. Can anyone...
  21. skandl

Not what I would of done with a Garrard!

Well I guess if it was unrepairable better than throwing away. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/hsd/4489649768.html
  22. skandl

As much punch as the HULK

I bought a Grace F9 cart and green stylus off one of those bidding sites, the stylus was broke (of course) purchased a Soundsmith Red Ruby Nude and have been in heaven with it. So to make a long story short this green stylus has been sitting here collecting dust for about a year..NO MORE my...
  23. skandl

Day off nobody home!

Spinning vinyl all day long nice day off indeed! :music: Otis Redding on the table now.
  24. skandl

70's era 8 Track

Hello, I work with a gentleman who has asked me about selling his 8 tracks (he is unable to test these). He has approx 60-70 and wanted to know fair value for each or as a bundle. I am not familiar with the fair pricing and figured I woud ask some of the local forum experts. I did however...
  25. skandl

ARXA Mod

First I would like to thank Steve Frosten for all the time put in to this deck and the assistance getting it set up. This is my second ARXA mod and I thought I would share it with some of the people who got me hooked on these turntables. I also have one other that is for the most part stock...
Back
Top Bottom