Search results

1. G

Can a Pro p2201 do 4ohm loads in stereo?

I have a pair of low power jbl subs. Currently running them with my integrated but id like to use my integrated with my mains as its over 500 rms and the yamaha is only 200rms. The towers i have (jbl 590) sound better with more power. So can the pro do 4ohms ? I bet not. I hate to buy...
  2. G

Yamaha P2201 ok for sub duty?

I have an integrated that has a ton of power which means i no longer need 2other amps. My choice is keep my 1502 crown or run the yamaha 2201. I know the crown will work. Would the yamaha ? I know some of the other yamaha Pro amps ive used were not built to power subs. Might have to...
  3. G

RX-V995 no output to external amp

Having issues. Using optical input cant get any sound from external amp. I did get sound using internal amp. Is there a reset for the unit ?
  4. G

What was the first Adventage model?

just wondering if the first round of that series was built better or more like the previous RX-V, RX-Z lines . I look at the new stuff and it looks cheap so I figure maybe the older ones might be a little less plasticky looking. I love the old RX-V lines with the metal front faces and the...
  5. G

is a RX-V995 worth a recap/restore?

I saw a recapped Yamaha P2201 amp local the other day. it made me once again want to buy another old Yamaha AVR for cheap and use it with the amp for sale. so i bought one..another RX-V995. it was cheap and I always loved the black with the orange display. it arrives in a few days while...
  6. G

POLK LS90 compared to ..

I can buy a set of Polk LS90 speakers not far from me. never seen or heard a set. I have a set of Polk RTiA9's now so how do the LS90's compare? otherwise there may be some JBL options. I am not stuck on Polk but these were what I feel a pretty decent price. I dont want to make a downward...
  7. G

POLK LS90 advice

I found some but missing a grill but work fine. are they worth the trip couple hours away? I have polk RTiA9's right now. dont want to waste the time if they are too similar.
  8. G

Phase Linear 400 series 1 short fuse popped after running all day

its been recapped but dont know how long ago. ran it all day at decent volume while doing things around the house. turned it up a little last night and suddenly popped and I shut it down. checked this morning and the short fuse popped
  9. G

Anyone modified a yamaha R-S700 or similar stereo or integrated?

Reason i ask was i saw youtube video where guy installed what looked like nichicons or something in a r-s700. Which is a 2channel stereo receiver. i have one. Im sure it can ve improved. But thats over my head.
  10. G

Any crown XLi 1800 users ?

Ive had the xls. Not looking for those anymore. Thinking about the. Ti again for class ab power. i know the xti1800 tests at 400+ per channel and can be had very reasonable. thinking of selling off my carver herd and reducing my investment in amps.
  11. G

Recomendation to ship passive sub?

Looking into shipping a polk psw1000 which is a 75lbs passive dual 10 inch sub
  12. G

KLF10 an upgrade over Emotiva T2 ?

I know its subjective but i have a chance to buy a set of klf10’s not far from me which never happens. i mainly listen to music. Been itching to try something new (to me). opinions? I do worry about brightness with the klipsc.
  13. G

Help checking bias on P5000s pro amp

Need to know what its supposed to be and how to adjust one channel seems to be less power.
  14. G

any schiit freya or freya + & crown xls users ?

I have decided to use crown xls 2502 amps again as the source of power. I have freya with some sylvania tubes and some tung sol. I also have a loki mini to eq. wondered if anyone else is using this same combo
  15. G

Crossover ??

What do you recomend when using a passive sub and a pre that has no sub out?
  16. G

15 inc woofers for music?

I have to big 3.0 cubic ft boxes sealed that were for my 15 inch subs but there are currently empty. was wondering if I could use them for some 15inch woofers and run them off my xls or should I only use them for subs? I dont really need 2 15inch subs but could use for music. amp has basic dsp.
  17. G

recomend a good Yamaha for stereo music?

It can be vintage, it can be a integrated or even a receiver... there are so many and I Have heard Yamaha as mentioned as being reliable but not the best sounding but I know that had some good ones. I am currently running a NAD setup but I may have to simplify more . I use mainly streaming...
  18. G

What amp can you buy for $300 that can better a NAD 2600?

..I have 2 of these 2600a. ...they both work and appear to be original.....for such "junk"I am surprised how well they sound and how much power they make....I say "junk' because I read all the time people say they were poorly made junk amps...which makes we wonder just what is out there that is...
  19. G

Class D Audio SDS-120c amp ? anyone use one?

I am looking for something that is less than 10yrs old that runs efficient but is not a pro amp. decided to simplify the set up. anyone here use this amp? not a lot of reviews anywhere .
  20. G

Nad 2600a amp sound cuts in/out for 1st few seconds

I notice one of my 2600a amps sound cuts in and out for the first 10-15 seconds then it stays constant and will run all day. what is the cause ? cause I deoxit ??
  21. G

does the new yamaha sound as good as the older ones?

I was hunting an older model maybe a RX-V or a AX to run an amp but then I think this might be better for my needs as I have gone mostly digital. I have a Harmon HK3490 which is 2 channel stereo with digital inputs which is a little rare in 2 channel. lol...I may just better keep it lol..
  22. G

Recomend a preamp or a DAC to go with 2 NAD 2600 amps

I have slimmed down and got rid of all my PRO amps and gone back to some NAD amps because they have the power and more of it than advertised and always had good luck with them. I would like a NAD pre or other NAD unit to run them but I must have volume control. I was trying to buy a T758 the...
  23. G

NAD 2200 vs 2600 amplifiers

i read they took the 2200 and made some revisions and that was where the 2600 was born from. Ive seen multiple tests of the 2200 outputting much more power than rated. Does that mean the 2600 performs similar? I just bought a couple of 2600 because the 2200 seem to run $100+ more for...
  24. G

upgrading POWER CORD harmful?

I just bought an older stereo receiver and its fairly high current amp section in it. I just looked at pics of the rear and I noticed it has the old style power cord..the kind that do not remove and it looked wimpy. I was thinking if not to hard that I would replace that with a thicker gauge...
  25. G

Program a NAD 106 Preamp with a Harmony 700 remote?

maybe I missed this but I thought I did this before with a 160 and 162 . not working for my 106
Back
Top Bottom