Search results

1. bob06

CALLING ALL VPI OWNERS

Looking for VPI owners that are using the New Fat Boy Gimbaled tonearm. Good, Bad or Ugly? Looking for input. :)
  2. bob06

New Cartridge Tool.

Tweezers that hold the cartridge clips. Bought it on Ebay to give it a try. Works good and doesn't destroy the clips.
  3. bob06

Working on acoustics.

Been adding some acoustic panels to my room and a skyline diffuser. I have no clue what I'm doing. Just putting them up where I have read they should be. But I can say it's starting to sound pretty good. What a difference they make. Bass panels behind speakers and high in the corners. Also...
  4. bob06

Question for you Sub Woofer Guy's

My speakers are Magnepan 1.7I's. I'm not a bass head but I'm feeling that I need more bass. So I would like to add some subs to the mix. I'm thinking two SVS SB-2000. My question is I'm using dual mono block Amps that are connected one to each speaker. Do I connect the subs the same way one per...
  5. bob06

IT'S HALLOWEEN AND TIME FOR A TT BUILD

I bought a New Technics 1200G that been sitting in it's box for a month. Since I'm starting the build on Halloween I'm going to name the Table Christine. Some tricks but a lot of treats. This will be a stock TT turned into a killer TT. ;) I ordered a bunch of new parts that are slowly starting...
  6. bob06

NOS SP-10 MK3 or the New SP-10R?

On Ebay there's a SP-10 MK3 with the SH10B5 Plinth and the EPA 100 MKI for sale all items are NOS still in there box's. I'm sure it will sell for mega bucks. The question is what would you prefer and why the NOS MK3 or the New SP- 10R? :dunno:
  7. bob06

New Table Coming Technics SP-10R

It's official just put a deposit on a new Technics SP-10R. I should have it early spring. I will build a plinth for it and will have to decide what to use for an arm for it. My search for a NEW table has ended. :banana:
  8. bob06

Transrotor Zet 3?

I'm going to buy a NEW table to play with. Haven't bought a NEW table since the late 70's. I was looking at the VPI's and I happened to look at the Transrotors. Anyways the Transrotor Zet 3 caught my eye but I can't find a lot of info on it. This might be the wrong place to post about New...
  9. bob06

THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHERS TD-124

It started back when I did the Ultimate Edition 124. When I was able to isolate the motor from the plinth it opened up other possibilities. So I decided to try them out. This is not my low serial # 124 it is another chassis I bought that was missing a lot of parts and was in rough shape. My...
  10. bob06

Ortofon SPU in the house.

Been wanting to get one of these to try out. The #1s. Ended up finding this one for a great price so here it is. :banana:
  11. bob06

Mye Sound Stands for Maggies?

Been checking out the Mye Sound stands for my Maggies and like the looks. My question is do any AKers own them and whats your opinion on them? Are they any better than the stock stands?
  12. bob06

Look what UPS just drop off.

My Magnepan 1.7i,s finally showed up. Can't wait to get them setup. :banana:
  13. bob06

Swagman Lab Linear PSU

Mailman just drop this off. Swagman Labs PSU. I had this made for my Lounge Audio phono stage. Build quality is very nice and heavy. The Lounge Audio is a awesome phono stage and wanted to see if the PSU would bring it up a notch. You can see they match well together. :thumbsup:
  14. bob06

New Rack in the house.

I've been in need for a new rack. I needed space for 3 tables and a place to park my Monster Amp's. So this is what I came up with. 10 shelves 1 draw and 2 parking garages for the Amp's. All built out off 8020 stuff and wood.
  15. bob06

Another SUT Build

I built one a couple of weeks ago and it come out great and sounds awesome. But I needed two so decided to build a better one with multiple taps. This one I used Cinemag 1254 trans. Wired for 1:20 & 1:40 so I can use my 103 and should be able to use my Ortofon SUT. Done in Cobalt Blue to match...
  16. bob06

SUT Building Bob06 Device

I started this yesterday and just finished the assembly. Will have to be painted and wired. I wanted to try a SUT but didn't want to pay the big bucks they get for them. If this works out then I can buy some better Exotic Trannys and build a nice one. These trannys are 150ohm primary and...
  17. bob06

Bogen B62 is Finished.

This is my 3rd Lenco/Bogen that I have done. I had 4 of them 2 have been sold and one other waiting to be finished. But this one I think I will be keeping for myself. It's a rainy cloudy day so pictures aren't that good. Layered Baltic Birch ply wrapped with 1" thick Paduak. And it wouldn't be a...
  18. bob06

Bogen B62 Plinth

I bought a Mint Bogen B62 TT about 5 yrs ago and never had time to finish it with all the other projects I had going on. So as everyone knows Idler's need better Plinths. So here's what i came up with. 6 layer Baltic Birch layered with 1" thick Paduak Board. Nice and heavy.
  19. bob06

COOL Amp Stands

I have a couple of Adcom 565 Mono Amps that will be running in 4ohm's. Didn't know how hot the Amp's would get so I decided to be safe I would add some fans for cooling. Just in case. So I was making some Amp stands for them and said why not install the fans in the stands. There not finished...
  20. bob06

NEED HELP!

Just picked up a pair of Adcom GFA 565 mono amps. Did not realize till now that they are 220v 50hz amps. Can they be rewired for 120v or is there more to it than just swapping some wires?
  21. bob06

Look what i just got. Adcom GFA 565's

Was looking for some high power Amps to power my Magnepans and came across these mono monster Amps. 450w into 4ohms each. These should do nicely after a visit to my work bench. Came with the original boxes also. :banana:
  22. bob06

THE ULTIMATE EDITION 124 DEBUT

Well you can see the Ultimate 124 is finally finished. Lots of work went into this build. People that have been following my threads know all that has been done to this 124. To much to list but the biggest mod was isolating the motor from the deck. Took lots of time and mockups to place the...
  23. bob06

Look what UPS dropped off.

My Aluminum bodied Denon 103 with a Soundsmith upgrade. Ruby cantilever with a Line contact stylus. This is going on the Ultimate 124. :banana:
  24. bob06

ULTIMATE 124 BUILD

I started a new thread on the Ultimate 124 build. The other thread was on the plinth and that is finished other than paint so on with the new. I did a couple of mods under the hood so see if you can guess what I have done.
  25. bob06

124 Plinth Revision D

I know there's many plinths built for the 124 on AK. So won't bore you with all the details I will just show you some of the highlights. This one will be different than normal. My own design. First it will be a sandwich of Baltic Birch and MDF board with a surprise in the middle. There will be...
Back
Top Bottom